+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Q: Fingerprints for a U.S. Citizen

jpsmontogmery

May 13, 2007
Hi, I married a Canadian and am in the process of filling out the immigration documentation for a spousal visa. I went to get fingerprinted on a FBI finger print card from a local police agency, do I have to submit that to the FBI or just submit it along with my Immigration documentation as is? I have been a little confused regarding the directions, if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

PS: Do I need to lists all locations of residence for the US or just the residences since the age of 18 for the background clearance?

(This visa has me stressed. I want to make sure every "t" is crossed and every "i" is dotted.)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jpsmontogmery said:
Hi, I married a Canadian and am in the process of filling out the immigration documentation for a spousal visa. I went to get fingerprinted on a FBI finger print card from a local police agency, do I have to submit that to the FBI or just submit it along with my Immigration documentation as is? I have been a little confused regarding the directions, if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

PS: Do I need to lists all locations of residence for the US or just the residences since the age of 18 for the background clearance?

(This visa has me stressed. I want to make sure every "t" is crossed and every "i" is dotted.)
1. Submit it to the FBI see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/police-cert/north-america/united-states.html
2. YOu will also need criminal records check from each state that you have lived in for more than 6 months.
3. Residence since 18

PMM