+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Q] Authorization letter needed for Spouse open Work Permit without Job offer to enter Canada ?

amazingpaddy

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hi All,
My Wife is currently studying in Canada and I applied for an open work permit from Singapore and got it approved last week. I also received my passport with stamping. I don't have any job offer in Canada right now
I am planning to go to Canada on July 31st 2021 and already booked my tickets.
Do I need authorization letter from IRCC to enter Canada ?

PS
For People looking for time lines,
Applied in Singapore.
Application date: April 19th 2021.
Medical and PPR date: May 11th 2021.

Guys if you applied opw from India and not processed yet, please don't come and spam my thread. I applied from Singapore and got it approved and this is not the thread for opw updates. I understand the frustration and please post it in a separate thread so that you can get help or information

Last edited:

Lavikaler

May 20, 2021
Hi All,
My Wife is currently studying in Canada and I applied for an open work permit from Singapore and got it approved last week. I also received my passport with stamping. I don't have any job offer in Canada right now
I am planning to go to Canada on July 31st 2021 and already booked my tickets.
Do I need authorization letter from IRCC to enter Canada ?

PS
For People looking for time lines,
Applied in Singapore.
Application date: April 19th 2021.
Medical and PPR date: May 11th 2021.
Hi
I applied April 6th 2021
But have not got ppr yet.
I'm worried why I have not get anything yet..
I got three application/ status updates last week but after that nothing is there...even in profile nothing is showing ..

amazingpaddy

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hi
I applied April 6th 2021
But have not got ppr yet.
I'm worried why I have not get anything yet..
I got three application/ status updates last week but after that nothing is there...even in profile nothing is showing ..
I understand and please create a new thread and someone will help you for sure with information. No one will help if you post a reply in irrelevant thread.