Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 22 2010
Med's Done....
april - 08 - 10
Hello

Im wondering what is the minimum necessary income to sponsor someone ?
thank you

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only time a minimum income is applied is if your dependents have dependents of their own (your grandchildren) other than that the minimum income does not apply to spousal sponsorship cases.

They do however want to make sure the sponsor is not in receipt of social assistance other than EI or disability or that they are not on bankruptcy. Even though in the form they ask for an estimate of your 12 month income, it will not play a factor in your case. Most of the forms used are a formality made to be used for many different PR cases.

Hope that a senior member may be able to help you if what I may have said was wrong.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is true for spouse and dependent children, that is that proof of income is not required but in case this person is wanting to sponsor parents, grandparents or other relatives, go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//information/applications/guides/5196E10.asp and scroll down to table 3. That will tell you how much you need per year for your own family and the people being sponsored.

If sponsoring parents or grandparents or other relatives, you can also ask your spouse to co-sign the application so you can count their income as well.

lessen

Jul 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 22 2010
Med's Done....
april - 08 - 10
im only sponsoring him, i was a bit worried on how much you should make a year . thanks a lot guys you are always great help :)

simple_gal

Apr 16, 2010
When i sponsored my husband I was unemployed for about a yr and I had no problem being approved as a sponsor.

Just make sure you include on a separate sheet of paper how u plan to support ur husband/wife when they come to Canada. For example u can say that u have enough savings to meet his and yours daily needs. And if ur living with family then u can say ur family is generous enough to let u and your spouse stay with them for free until u save up money for your own place.

Hope this helps u!

lessen

Jul 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 22 2010
Med's Done....
april - 08 - 10
thank you simple girl , actually me and my husband are working right now and i have never benefited from EI or welfare :) so i guess it wont be a problem .