+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PWGP: Stop working when receiving letter of completion

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
Hi everyone, I have a question about the PGWP procedure. I am currently just waiting to receive my final transcript and letter of completion so that I can apply for the PGWG (just submitted my masters thesis Friday). I am also working part time.

How does that exactly work? I know I can't work once I have the letter or transcript until I apply for the PGWP. So let's say I receive it on a certain day while at work. I have to leave work as soon as I see it and only come back once I have submitted my application?

Do I have to address that I stopped working in my application? Thanks for the help!

Reactions: hlk.10

hlk.10

Feb 17, 2021
Hi everyone, I have a question about the PGWP procedure. I am currently just waiting to receive my final transcript and letter of completion so that I can apply for the PGWG (just submitted my masters thesis Friday). I am also working part time.

How does that exactly work? I know I can't work once I have the letter or transcript until I apply for the PGWP. So let's say I receive it on a certain day while at work. I have to leave work as soon as I see it and only come back once I have submitted my application?

Do I have to address that I stopped working in my application? Thanks for the help!
No, you don't have to do anything special. Just stop working on the day you get your completion letter.
Hi,
I am in a similar situation now, and I am working part-time. Can you share your experience with me, it would be very helpful. did you stop working the day you got final marks or the degree completion letter? And what did you do to comply with the " stop working" requirement. it is just not going to work for those days before applying (take a leave) or does that mean you need to resign and the employer re-hires after you apply PGWP.

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
Hi! So I worked until I got the letter (I had to go to my school to get it). They put the date of me submitting my final thesis on the letter, which in my opinion was a mistake.

i was told that this could potentially be an issue because I kept working until I had the letter of completion (as stated by ircc). I then emailed my department and they changed the date on the letter to the date I actually received it.

And I think I only had to take one day off. I prepared all the documents (it’s not a lot), uploaded the letter and stuff, and went to work the next day :) hope this helps!

Reactions: hlk.10

hlk.10

Feb 17, 2021
Hi! So I worked until I got the letter (I had to go to my school to get it). They put the date of me submitting my final thesis on the letter, which in my opinion was a mistake.

i was told that this could potentially be an issue because I kept working until I had the letter of completion (as stated by ircc). I then emailed my department and they changed the date on the letter to the date I actually received it.

And I think I only had to take one day off. I prepared all the documents (it’s not a lot), uploaded the letter and stuff, and went to work the next day :) hope this helps!
Hi, Thanks for that quick reply. It really helped clear my confusion :)