+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Puzzle solved - WORK EXPERIENCE DURING STUDY PERIOD

S

sutyfornow

No. No any statement on internship in my ECA reports.
I had submitted transcripts + degree certificate.
My transcript does't mention anything about internship.
Then i guess according to when you obtained your bachelors degree whther it was after internsh or before
In my country, we obtained bachelors degree before internship

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Then i guess according to when you obtained your bachelors degree whther it was after internsh or before
In my country, we obtained bachelors degree before internship
In India, for MBBS, we have 4.5 years of academics, and after this, 1 year of compulsory rotating internship. Total 5.5 years to qualify for MBBS degree.

Once we finish our 4.5 years, (i.e. before internship is finished) we have to register our MBBS with MCI. At this stage, we are issued 'Provisional' degree certificate.

Now, once we finish one year of internship, then we are issued internship completion certificate.

Next stage is to apply for the 'Final' degree certificate, which is issued after submitting our exam results + internship completion certificate to the university.

I hope I'm understood now.

S

sutyfornow

In India, for MBBS, we have 4.5 years of academics, and after this, 1 year of compulsory rotating internship. Total 5.5 years to qualify for MBBS degree.

Once we finish our 4.5 years, (i.e. before internship is finished) we have to register our MBBS with MCI. At this stage, we are issued 'Provisional' degree certificate.

Now, once we finish one year of internship, then we are issued internship completion certificate.

Next stage is to apply for the 'Final' degree certificate, which is issued after submitting our exam results + internship completion certificate to the university.

I hope I'm understood now.
So yes in your case, internship is included in ur MBBS degree

Shaunak sharma

Sep 10, 2019
In continuation with the above thread, I'd like to clarify one more thing.

Question:
Can I count my work as a teaching assistant toward the work experience requirement?

Answer by IRCC:

You
may be able to count experience as a teaching, research or lab assistant at a post-secondary educational institution, (see National Occupation Classification 4012) toward the work experience requirement, depending on the eligibility criteria of the programs.

If after submitting your Express Entry profile you are invited to apply, you must show that you did the job as described in the occupational description of the NOC, meaning that you did all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed. If you do not show that your experience meets the description in NOC, your application will be refused.

1) To be considered under the Canadian Experience Class:

You cannot count work experience you gained while enrolled as a full-time student. Your work experience must have been gained while on a valid work permit, such as the Post-Graduation Work Permit.

You must have gained the equivalent amount of experience as someone who worked full-time for at least one year (1,560 hours) in the three years before you submit your Express Entry profile.

2) To be considered under the Federal Skilled Worker Program:

Your work experience must have been full-time (or the equivalent in part-time hours), worked continuously and paid, for at least one year in the same occupation.

INFERENCE (Purely mine):

For FSWP applicants OUTSIDE Canada,
Internships or teaching assistant jobs which are NOT the part of the education itself are eligible to be calculated as a work experience, providing it fulfils all the required criteria for work experience.

Any greater insights into this will be highly appreciated.

Hey bro you are right...just one question.. in EE profile...for completed academic years I should write 4 years right? (4.5 years academic + 1 year internship) and for the question in work history when you become qualified to practice in this profession would be the year when I passed final MBBS degree right??? please correct me If I am wrong. Thanks. In my MCC ECA certificate, the year of graduation is the year when I completed my Internship.

It was all obtained outside of Canada.