+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Purpose of Visit refusal reasons

skks

Sep 4, 2019
What are the various factors that come under this reason when you are refused? I am curious as I have had 2 student visa refusals for the same reason.

Please help. TIA

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
When the visa officer believes that your purposes are not matching what you applied for, such as applying for a student visa as a way to obtain PGWP and PR.

skks

Sep 4, 2019
When the visa officer believes that your purposes are not matching what you applied for, such as applying for a student visa as a way to obtain PGWP and PR.
I had applied for my student visa on July 20 and I got the first rejection on Aug 21 under the reason that

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I couldn't go for the Sept intake and then after getting a deferred offer letter I applied again with a stronger SOP where I showed family ties, bank statement of my parents, GIC, ITR along with proof of funds which was evaluated by a CA as well as Income proof of my sister.

Despite that, I got a second refusal for the very same reason yet again. I have applied for CAIPS but still awaiting it.

I have an IELTS score of 7.5 overall not less than 6.5

My academics are 10th - 72%, +2- 57%. I have done my Bachelors in Financial markets with a 4.33 GPA out of 7 along with 3 years of work experience.

Course - Graduate Certificate in Business Management at Fanshawe College

Any valuable feedback will be deeply appreciated as I am planning to apply for the third time.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your grades are very low for your proposed course of studies. In your SOP how did you explain that studies in Canada will help you in your home country.

skks

Sep 4, 2019
Your grades are very low for your proposed course of studies. In your SOP how did you explain that studies in Canada will help you in your home country.

I stated in the SOP that getting the knowledge here in canada will help me get better jobs in India plus after certain point of time I can start my own business.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Graduate programs in Canada would generally expect 80% or higher. The graduate certificate at Fanshawe is not highly regarded for continuing studies in business and is mostly a way for international students to get into the country if they have low marks.

Siddhanthooda

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Graduate programs in Canada would generally expect 80% or higher. The graduate certificate at Fanshawe is not highly regarded for continuing studies in business and is mostly a way for international students to get into the country if they have low marks.
Is it true that students who apply immediately after completing their bachelors are more likely to get study visa than the person who worked after graduation?

skks

Sep 4, 2019
Did you say just this or did you put more effort into the SOP.
I definitely put in a lot of effort in the SOP while reapplying. I showed better finances,proof of GIC,my family ties and why it would be important for me to come back to my home country as my parents are gonna retire soon and also stated that there are better oppurtunities in India after the completion of my course in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
One of the main issues is that there is quite a lot of overlap between your two programs. There would be little added benefits to do the certificate. Are you sure your degree is not in Commerce? Never heard of a degree in financial markets.

Siddhanthooda

Star Member
May 31, 2019
One of the main issues is that there is quite a lot of overlap between your two programs. There would be little added benefits to do the certificate. Are you sure your degree is not in Commerce? Never heard of a degree in financial markets.
Does this overlap thing includes BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) also?

skks

Sep 4, 2019
Hi canuck,

What do you mean by the overlap between two programs? Does that mean that the VO doesn't think what I did in my bachelors doesn't align with the course I am going for?
Also to your other point my degree is Bachelors in Commerce(Financial Markets) also known as BFM. You can google it to know more about it. I think it will get you a clear picture.

skks

Sep 4, 2019

What do you mean by the overlap between two programs? Does that mean that the VO doesn't think what I did in my bachelors doesn't align with the course I am going for?
Also to your other point my degree is Bachelors in Commerce(Financial Markets) also known as BFM. You can google it to know more about it. I think it will get you a clear picture.