+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Purpose of Travel - Other (required)

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Hello,
For the "Purpose of Travel - Other", they are asking for the below docs as proof.

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.
Examples of what you can provide as proof:
A scanned copy of:
Your flight ticket departing Canada,
Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
Proof of a medical appointment.

I wanted to know does writing a letter here will help saying we are coming to meet family - kids and grandkids and will be staying with kids. Will be doing some sightseeing and listing the names of some places. Will such a letter help? because my parents will be visiting next year and I have not yet booked the flight tickets

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
For the "Purpose of Travel - Other", they are asking for the below docs as proof.

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.
Examples of what you can provide as proof:
A scanned copy of:
Your flight ticket departing Canada,
Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
Proof of a medical appointment.

I wanted to know does writing a letter here will help saying we are coming to meet family - kids and grandkids and will be staying with kids. Will be doing some sightseeing and listing the names of some places. Will such a letter help? because my parents will be visiting next year and I have not yet booked the flight tickets

Thanks!
Do not book flights until they have approval. Proof of an itinerary from the airline website or travel website is fine. If you look at the IRCC website it does tell people not to book flights until approval. If they are applying for a TRV J would include short letter/itinerary including your plans although spending time with family can also be a large part of your itinerary

Reactions: americandesimd

Breakingha

Feb 28, 2024
Writing a letter detailing your travel plans to visit family in Canada, especially mentioning spending time with your kids and grandkids, along with plans for sightseeing and listing specific places you intend to visit, can indeed serve as valuable proof for your "Purpose of Travel - Other" documentation.