+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Purpose of Travel for

lldi

Oct 8, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding a document that I have to upload on my online application to allow my common-law partner to move to Canada with me, as I have been offered a postdoctoral position (2 years) in Montreal.

I am filling up various forms and providing all the paper needed to prove that we are in a relationship and we have been living together for years. She's also applying to get an open work permit jointly to my application.

As supporting documents, she has to provide:

Purpose of Travel - Other (required)

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

• Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment.
The point is that she will stay in Canada (at my future address) as long as I will be there, working as a postdoc. So, what am I suppose to upload to fill that section?

Thanks for your help

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She can't move with you. She need permanent resident status in order to do so.

Diego Costa

Jul 1, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding a document that I have to upload on my online application to allow my common-law partner to move to Canada with me, as I have been offered a postdoctoral position (2 years) in Montreal.

I am filling up various forms and providing all the paper needed to prove that we are in a relationship and we have been living together for years. She's also applying to get an open work permit jointly to my application.

As supporting documents, she has to provide:

Purpose of Travel - Other (required)

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

• Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment.
The point is that she will stay in Canada (at my future address) as long as I will be there, working as a postdoc. So, what am I suppose to upload to fill that section?

Thanks for your help
I am having the same question in a very similar situation.
My wife is applying to an open work permit to come with me during my post-doc for 2 years.

In our Purpose of Travel, we are only stating that she would want to accompany me during my work and that she would want to gain further international working experience while she is there.

How did you proceed in your case?

Milaya

Sep 5, 2020
Hello! Can someone give an example of a letter for "Purpose of Travel"? Im also applying to get an open work permit with my husband's SP.