+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Purpose of travel for Family reunification

yorkuser

Oct 10, 2021
Hello all,

What should I mention as the purpose of travel for Family reunification (Spouse) TRV? Should I just mention visiting spouse? Planning for 3 weeks visit.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

What should I mention as the purpose of travel for Family reunification (Spouse) TRV? Should I just mention visiting spouse? Planning for 3 weeks visit.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!
That is just a visit. Wouldn’t consider that family reunification.

yorkuser

Oct 10, 2021
That is just a visit. Wouldn’t consider that family reunification.
Thank you for responding, He is coming to live here with me for some time but wanted to mention 3 weeks since someone mentioned it is easier to get TRV for short visit. What should be the duration in the invitation letter for this situation? And what should be the purpose of travel.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for responding, He is coming to live here with me for some time but wanted to mention 3 weeks since someone mentioned it is easier to get TRV for short visit. What should be the duration in the invitation letter for this situation? And what should be the purpose of travel.

Thank you
His wife should be the one applying for him to join her. It will be pretty clear that the purpose of his visit will be to join his wife not you. Better to be upfront with IRCC.