+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

engr_40905

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 July 2014
Doc's Request.
15 December 2015 (LOA)
AOR Received.
23 March 2016
Med's Request
19 April 2016
Med's Done....
27 April 2016 (underwent sputum test)
Passport Req..
19 July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
03 August 2016
LANDED..........
13 September 2016
gennybuen said:
Hello engr_40905

Yes he had previous xray film with him. And submitted it to the panel physician.Last feb 2016 he had his medical and initial xray then May 2016 he was asked to come back for final xray to compare with the initial xray. Now he is back to the clinic again for the 3rd time for final evaluation from the pulmonologist of their choice. Giving me hard time, making it more complicated. Clinic never informed what should be the next process after the test. Hope everything is okay now
Hi Gennybuen,
Since you have submitted your husband's previous xray, what was the initial findings? they must have their comparison from current xray to your hunband's previous xray. If there is no significant changes, there's no repeat xray (as per advised by the clinic). Why is it he(your husband ) underwent for repeat xray after 3 months? As per your previous post, your husband's sputum culture result is negative. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

gennybuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Request
11-02-2016
Med's Done....
17-02-2016
Interview........
dec.23 2016
engr_40905 said:
Hi Gennybuen,
Since you have submitted your husband's previous xray, what was the initial findings? they must have their comparison from current xray to your hunband's previous xray. If there is no significant changes, there's no repeat xray (as per advised by the clinic). Why is it he(your husband ) underwent for repeat xray after 3 months? As per your previous post, your husband's sputum culture result is negative. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Hello,

I dont understand why they're doing that actually. Repeat xray is done after 3 months to compare with the initial xray. Then the result of the sputum came out lately and advised to see the pulmonologist for final evaluation as the clinic said embassy request. He was checked and hes good and the doctor told him that the result will soon be forwarded to the clinic and then to cpc. Now, we are waiting for update in ECas.
All we have to do is wait patiently and comply the requirements.
Good luck to us.☺

cristhel.fernandez

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
engr_40905 said:
Hi cristhel,
l'm wondering why is it there's no feedback from embassy besides "medical results have been submitted". Did you try to call the clinic that your mother underwent medical? maybe the embassy emailed them for further instruction. Did you check your mother's email? Spam email? Did your mother underwent medical treatment for 6 months? Or the sputum culture has negative results only?

thanks,
Hi engr_40905,

She's completed her treatment for more than six months and the hospital has forwarded everything to CIC. we got a copy of the result as well and it's all passed and clear.
so CIC updated the ECAS few weeks after submission and it says Medical has been received. CIC has acknowledge that. That was updated in January 2016 and up to now, we are still awaiting for a PPR Request.
The sad thing is, the two dependents' medical has expired last June 16, 2016. I did follow-up with CIC before it expires and they said to wait. again nothing.

The weirdest thing is we received an auto-generated email from CIC Manila regarding "Free Pre-Arrival Services". We received it twice. I have contacted and emailed CIC and inquiring about the email. I have been hinting that there should be another email that goes with it. truth been told, two forum members from 2011 PGP Applicants confirmed that they received the same email but with Passport Request email as well. Anyway, our application was from October 2010. six long years and I am still waiting.

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Hi fellow forum members. I've ran into an issue with my parent's super visa application.

My mom's medicals were passed, but my dad had to undergo tests for TB. His sputum and x-ray came out to be normal but the doctor also wanted the CT scan. The scan results have shown "Active TB" as per the radiologist. The pulmonologist is shocked how this could be but has to produce his report based on the CT scan and not the X-ray. This is strange because there 2 out of the 3 tests have suggested no TB. Can anyone please help me with what I should expect next? This is so frustrating, I almost don't trust these doctors anymore!

Have any of you been in a similar situation? Please help!

engr_40905

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 July 2014
Doc's Request.
15 December 2015 (LOA)
AOR Received.
23 March 2016
Med's Request
19 April 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
19 July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
03 August 2016
LANDED..........
13 September 2016
Hi Cristhel,
Maybe anytime this month the passport request will be released. Please keep us posted.

Hi Faiyaz,
Just want to verify, sputum smear or sputum culture? As far I know once sputum culture results came to be positive, the applicants shall undergo for medical treatment for 6months.
There's nothing we can but to follow what the doctor's advice because they are the one who will make our medical certification/recommendation which will be submitted to CIC.

Thanks,

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
engr_40905 said:
Hi Cristhel,
Maybe anytime this month the passport request will be released. Please keep us posted.

Hi Faiyaz,
Just want to verify, sputum smear or sputum culture? As far I know once sputum culture results came to be positive, the applicants shall undergo for medical treatment for 6months.
There's nothing we can but to follow what the doctor's advice because they are the one who will make our medical certification/recommendation which will be submitted to CIC.

Thanks,

The sputum culture was negative.

hayqinsb

Jun 13, 2015
that is very strange because a sputum culture is the best way to detect active TB....If its negative and the re XRay is stable I see no reason wy a reasonable doctor would request for CT scan...........(except the reXray isnt stable)

faiyaz.ally said:
The sputum culture was negative.

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
hayqinsb said:
that is very strange because a sputum culture is the best way to detect active TB....If its negative and the re XRay is stable I see no reason wy a reasonable doctor would request for CT scan...........(except the reXray isnt stable)

Exactly! I'm more pissed than confused with these doctors. They're conflicting each other's diagnosis.
The general physician asked for an x ray and ct scan when he referred my dad to the pulmonologist.
The pulmonologist said the ct scan was not required. But the physician didn't agree. So, he did the ct scan.
The pulmonologist said there is nothing to worry about in either the xray or the ct scan. But the radiologist reported active TB.
WHen the pulomonologist saw the report of the radiologist, he was surprised. I don't understand!

naeembadil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Hi guys,

Any one can tell me that , can i appear for medical test with expired passport and also want to know that after medical examination how can we know that our medical is ok. How many days the doctor take to send medical report to cic.

cheers

Sahil Khan

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
naeembadil said:
Hi guys,

Any one can tell me that , can i appear for medical test with expired passport and also want to know that after medical examination how can we know that our medical is ok. How many days the doctor take to send medical report to cic.

cheers

Sahil Khan
Hi Sahil, you can use your driver's licence or any other ID with your picture and signature on it to have the medical exam done. Once the medicals are done, depending on if further tests were not required, the time taken for the process to finish varies. It's usually between 10 days to 6 months...if the medicals are ok, you should have your visa in 10 days.

naeembadil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
hi

its mean we will submit only identification either expire or valid by date. then at the time of result submission to d. what they will send to VO just medical with file reference or also identification document.

Plz reply

Sahil Khan

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
naeembadil said:
hi

its mean we will submit only identification either expire or valid by date. then at the time of result submission to d. what they will send to VO just medical with file reference or also identification document.

Plz reply

Sahil Khan

Your name, address, picture and signature are all they're looking for when they see your ID. These details should be the same on your passport and driver's licence. An expired ID won't be considered. Hope this helps. You're thinking too much, just go and do your medicals with a valid ID (ex: driver's licence).

This link will give you more details - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

STAYDOGGED

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
After 9 weeks no call from the clinic. Is this a good sign?
everytime I call I am told to wait for the call from the doctor..
My first Xray was when i initially went for medical on 4th of may
I dropped samples on the 17th of May....

IF negative? when would i likely get a call from the clinic?

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
STAYDOGGED said:
After 9 weeks no call from the clinic. Is this a good sign?
everytime I call I am told to wait for the call from the doctor..
My first Xray was when i initially went for medical on 4th of may
I dropped samples on the 17th of May....

IF negative? when would i likely get a call from the clinic?
Do you mean that your local clinic that did all the tests hasn't called you? May be you should just visit the doctor personally and demand update. If the medicals have been submitted and you haven't heard from the visa office, submit a case specific inquiry. You should be able to find details on the cic website on how you could do that.

engr_40905

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 July 2014
Doc's Request.
15 December 2015 (LOA)
AOR Received.
23 March 2016
Med's Request
19 April 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
19 July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
03 August 2016
LANDED..........
13 September 2016
Just want to share...
July 25,2014 : sent application via online (outland)
July 27,2014 : MPNP file number
Dec. 17,2015 : LOA received
Feb. 1, 2016 : docs to CIC
March 23, 2016 : AOR
April 19,2016 : MR
April 27, 2016 : medical done
I have a scar in my lungs so I underwent sputum smear and sputum culture test
May 3-5,2016 : sputum smear test
May 6,2016 : sputum smear results NEGATIVE
July 1,2016 : sputum culture results NEGATIVE
As per clinic,no need to undergo repeat xray (usually after 3 months) because I do have previous xray dated july 2014 which as per physician there's no significant changes...
July 5, 2016 : vaccine
July 9, 2016 : medical results have been received (as per my ecas)
July 19,2016 : passport request
July 20,2016 : passport submitted personally to VFS global

Waiting for my visa....please include us in your prayers...God bless...for those who have scar in their lungs or positive TB and having medical treatment,God has a better plan for us just trust Him...

Reactions: parul99