+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

cool ammy

Mar 9, 2016
kimmyCRN said:
May 18 PPR
June 10 Decision Made
:)

Goodluck Amy
Hi kimmyCRN got ur passport back wid visa??? Nd one more ques in how many days after completion of ur tb treatment u got ur ppr ?? Plz rply its so stressful now because only one month is left for our medical expiry..

kimmyCRN

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
cool ammy said:
Hi kimmyCRN got ur passport back wid visa??? Nd one more ques in how many days after completion of ur tb treatment u got ur ppr ?? Plz rply its so stressful now because only one month is left for our medical expiry..
july 2015 -medical exam
oct 2015- tb treatment
April 26 2016 -medical done
after two weeks -Med received
May 18 2016-PPR
June 10 2016- Decision Made
June 18 2016 -VOH :)

but since i have a consultancy, they have my visa. they still need to scan it etc, ill be claiming my visa tom :)

Good luck

cool ammy

Mar 9, 2016
kimmyCRN said:
july 2015 -medical exam
oct 2015- tb treatment
April 26 2016 -medical done
after two weeks -Med received
May 18 2016-PPR
June 10 2016- Decision Made
June 18 2016 -VOH :)

but since i have a consultancy, they have my visa. they still need to scan it etc, ill be claiming my visa tom :)

Good luck
Congratulations nd gud luck

kimmyCRN

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Anyone here who has landed already in canada and undergone medical surveillance?
What are the procedures to be done aside from repeat xray?
Thank you!

galaniel

Jan 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
19-03-2016
Med's Request
21-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-04-2016 (husband underwent sputum culture june 30 received result)
Passport Req..
08-16-2016 (PP submitted 08-19-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
08-24-2016
LANDED..........
Hi to all!

My husband and I had our medical done last Apr 29, 2016. Mine accdg to St Luke's was already forwarded to embassy last May 16. My husband had undergone sputum test (negative) and sputum culture. The result for this sputum culture will be this coming June 30 already, he was told that no re xray is needed since there is no significant changes comparing his past xrays with the latest one.

My question is, when they will update our status in ecas, after they have received my husband's sputum result, eventhough mine, as the prinicipal applicant, is okay?

TiA.
[/quote]

anirsomar

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
Is it a protocol at IOM to have the rest of the family to get skin test if one of the family member is on treatment for TB? My sister got a call from IOM for her husband and son to be in skintest next week. My sister is on her 2nd month of medication. She had her sputum test last June 14-16 and re xray too. She used to take 3 pills a day now the Dr. from Makati Med lowered it to 1 pill a day. And she was told that her re-xray was the same as the first she had. No changes.My sister is kinda worried about her family having skintest.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
galaniel said:
Hi to all!

My husband and I had our medical done last Apr 29, 2016. Mine accdg to St Luke's was already forwarded to embassy last May 16. My husband had undergone sputum test (negative) and sputum culture. The result for this sputum culture will be this coming June 30 already, he was told that no re xray is needed since there is no significant changes comparing his past xrays with the latest one.

My question is, when they will update our status in ecas, after they have received my husband's sputum result, eventhough mine, as the prinicipal applicant, is okay?

TiA.
Express Entry Candidates cannot see updates in ECAS.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
anirsomar said:
Is it a protocol at IOM to have the rest of the family to get skin test if one of the family member is on treatment for TB? My sister got a call from IOM for her husband and son to be in skintest next week. My sister is on her 2nd month of medication. She had her sputum test last June 14-16 and re xray too. She used to take 3 pills a day now the Dr. from Makati Med lowered it to 1 pill a day. And she was told that her re-xray was the same as the first she had. No changes.My sister is kinda worried about her family having skintest.

Do not worry!!

Doctors relay on skin tests to identify if individual is having latent TB i.e this test is a relatively quick method compared to any other TB diagnose tests. Since TB is primarily airborne there is every chance people surrounding TB patients gets infected too may be IOM is try to double check your sister's family is not infected by the bacteria.

p.s TB skin test ( Mantoux Test ) involves injecting a small amount of fluid (called tuberculin) into the skin in the lower part of the arm. Then the person must return after 48 to 72 hours to have health care worker look at their arm. The health care worker will look for a raised hard area or swelling, and if there is one then they will measure its size. They will not include any general area of redness.

anirsomar

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
IMGNSPNP said:
Do not worry!!

Doctors relay on skin tests to identify if individual is having latent TB i.e this test is a relatively quick method compared to any other TB diagnose tests. Since TB is primarily airborne there is every chance people surrounding TB patients gets infected too may be IOM is try to double check your sister's family is not infected by the bacteria.

p.s TB skin test ( Mantoux Test ) involves injecting a small amount of fluid (called tuberculin) into the skin in the lower part of the arm. Then the person must return after 48 to 72 hours to have health care worker look at their arm. The health care worker will look for a raised hard area or swelling, and if there is one then they will
measure its size. They will not include any general area of redness.
thank you for the info. God Bless Us!

anirsomar

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
anirsomar said:
thank you for the info. God Bless Us!
How if the skin test turned positive what will happen next? Is it another treatment and more
delays? Another waiting ?? Its really frustrating.. Hoping that all is well

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
anirsomar said:
How if the skin test turned positive what will happen next? Is it another treatment and more
delays? Another waiting ?? Its really frustrating.. Hoping that all is well
Fingers Corssed # let hope the results come negative. Anyways I guess your sister would have taken enough care keeping her family safe.

althea07

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
Nomination.....
April 2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
Med's Request
May 2016
Med's Done....
September 2016
Passport Req..
September 2016
LANDED..........
#Canada2017
IMGNSPNP said:
1. Applicant to undergo sputum collection for 3 days
2. You need to wait depending on the test the wait time differs. If it is sputum smear test - the wait is less . If it is sputum culture - the wait is 2 months. It depends on what test CHC instructs you to go for.
3. after 2 months of sputum culture, if negative, re-xray and pulmonologist report to CHC
after 2 months of sputum culture, if positive, 6 months of medicine
Thanks IMGNSPNP!

cutesmile_1728

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We recieved SG police clearance request inspite my medical was not yet passed due to sputum culture. Good sign atleast our application has progress inspite waiting for the sputum culture result.

kimmyCRN

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
cool ammy said:
Whats that medical survailance means ???
Medical Surveillance Program is designed to refer applicants with previously treated TB or
inactive pulmonary TB to Canadian provincial or territorial public health authorities as soon as possible
upon their arrival in Canada

in my case,i need to report to Winnipeg within 30 days.