+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

candytk

Jul 22, 2015
talking of panel physician and how callous they can be: I was contacted by the hospital on the 30th of Jan for further medical test as directed by cic.. I didnt receive any mail from cic.

did collection of sputum sample on the 1st,2nd and 3rd of feb...in the same hospital...(Qlife). no date was given for 2nd xray. I was told result will be out In 8 to 10 weeks.

this week is the 12th week and they keep informing me the result Is not ready. I called several times for a second xray since the first one was on the 12th of January.... all to no avail.

Really feeling depressed.... havent been emotionally stable since 30th of Jan... really worried about the result and particularly concerned about my baby cos I'm pregnant.

please what can I do?
any valuable response will be appreciated.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
candytk said:
talking of panel physician and how callous they can be: I was contacted by the hospital on the 30th of Jan for further medical test as directed by cic.. I didnt receive any mail from cic.

did collection of sputum sample on the 1st,2nd and 3rd of feb...in the same hospital...(Qlife). no date was given for 2nd xray. I was told result will be out In 8 to 10 weeks.

this week is the 12th week and they keep informing me the result Is not ready. I called several times for a second xray since the first one was on the 12th of January.... all to no avail.

Really feeling depressed.... havent been emotionally stable since 30th of Jan... really worried about the result and particularly concerned about my baby cos I'm pregnant.

please what can I do?
any valuable response will be appreciated.
Hi

I think your test results is negative coz they haven't contacted you during that 8-10 weeks period, which they does if they found bacterial growth on the cultures. I myself undergone sputum tests and i did not got call from them within that 8 weeks period, now I am going for re-X-ray on Apr 30th. Keep following up the clinic, but you won't be schedule for a re-X-ray before you deliver your baby.

engr_40905

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 July 2014
Doc's Request.
15 December 2015 (LOA)
AOR Received.
23 March 2016
Med's Request
19 April 2016
Med's Done....
27 April 2016 (underwent sputum test)
Passport Req..
19 July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
03 August 2016
LANDED..........
13 September 2016
Just want to share...
Nagpamedical n ako...my wife is ok n at nagpavaccine n sya..ako ang napending because of my xray..my dala akong dati kong xray (dated july 2014 at feb 2015)...wait ko dw feedback nila within 2 to 3 days...kung wla dw significant changes, ok n dw and for vaccine n dw ako yun ang sbi ni nurse dun...sna mging ok n ang lahat....

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
engr_40905 said:
Just want to share...
Nagpamedical n ako...my wife is ok n at nagpavaccine n sya..ako ang napending because of my xray..my dala akong dati kong xray (dated july 2014 at feb 2015)...wait ko dw feedback nila within 2 to 3 days...kung wla dw significant changes, ok n dw and for vaccine n dw ako yun ang sbi ni nurse dun...sna mging ok n ang lahat....
Just a friendly note - let's keep the thread in English, in deference to the TS and the original intent of the thread.

Good for you you brought your other xray records as a historical comparison - it makes the job of the PPs much easier to ascertain how to proceed in the determination of TB or other conditions of significance. And just as the PPs said, if there is no change between the previous xrays and this latest one, then they will consider that in your results.

.../all the best

engr_40905

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 July 2014
Doc's Request.
15 December 2015 (LOA)
AOR Received.
23 March 2016
Med's Request
19 April 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
19 July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
03 August 2016
LANDED..........
13 September 2016
ragluf said:
Just a friendly note - let's keep the thread in English, in deference to the TS and the original intent of the thread.

Good for you you brought your other xray records as a historical comparison - it makes the job of the PPs much easier to ascertain how to proceed in the determination of TB or other conditions of significance. And just as the PPs said, if there is no change between the previous xrays and this latest one, then they will consider that in your results.

.../all the best
Hi ragluf,
Thanks a lot.. Yes, next time will do english thread... God bless

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
Hi everyone

I recently visited the clinic for repeat x-ray, but they said no pulmonologist consultation is required because my sputum reports came out -ve. The entire process is quick and simple.

If anyone in the group about to visit for re-xray and have the question about the re-xray day, I am happy to answer.

Regards

Reactions: mmf.can

Vinnie0310

Oct 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
25-02-2016
Nomination.....
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-02-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-05-2016
Passport Req..
22-09-2016
Hi everyone,

My husband was asked to undergo a sputum smear test although he never had TB. I have a couple of questions:

Is there any other medical condition due to which our application could be rejected despite not having contracted TB?
Will our applications be kept of hold due to this?

Appreciate your help, hope for the best for everyone in this situation.

Thanks in advance.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
Vinnie0310 said:
Hi everyone,

My husband was asked to undergo a sputum smear test although he never had TB. Your husband might have been referred for sputum smear test due to scars or any other abnormal manifestations in his X-ray that CHC wants to confirms whether it is TB or notI have a couple of questions:

Is there any other medical condition due to which our application could be rejected despite not having contracted TB?A foreign national may find themselves medically inadmissible to Canada if their condition is likely to be a danger to the health or safety of the Canadian public. Please read medical in admissibility section in CIC site.
(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/admiss/index.asp)

Will our applications be kept of hold due to this?-yes, there is a delay of 8-10 weeks. Sputum smear tests would take this time to give result followed by re-X-ray and pulmonologist report to CHC

Appreciate your help, hope for the best for everyone in this situation.

Thanks in advance.

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
PER: 17 March 2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 26 Aug.2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wth application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016, medical furtherance done: 07-05-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
IMGNSPNP said:
Hi everyone

I recently visited the clinic for repeat x-ray, but they said no pulmonologist consultation is required because my sputum reports came out -ve. The entire process is quick and simple.

If anyone in the group about to visit for re-xray and have the question about the re-xray day, I am happy to answer.

Regards

Hi there!

Do you know when will the ECAS be updated from the time the clinic submitted the result of re-xray ? And how much time will it take for PPR?

Thanks.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
Serc said:
Hi there!

Do you know when will the ECAS be updated from the time the clinic submitted the result of re-xray ? And how much time will it take for PPR?

Thanks.
Hi

I am not sure about about ECAS status, but my "Review of medical results" changed to passed within a week time after clinic sent my reports to CHC. As of now nothing coming up in ECAS with my UCI. It usually take 2 months approx from date of medical passed to PPR but, not guaranteed, because BG checks may prolong for any reason if they feel something needs to be clarified before sending PPR.

gennybuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Request
11-02-2016
Med's Done....
17-02-2016
Interview........
dec.23 2016
engr_40905 said:
Just want to share...
any updates from the clinic? my husband will do his re xray next week. done with initial assessment t9gether with our children but in his case he was advised to undergo sputum and tb culture that cause so much delay. keep posted. thanks

toytits11

Jul 9, 2015
gennybuen
good day po. just want to ask po. if nagnotify po ba kayu sa CEM/CIC na may additional test pa po sa inyo or yung CLINIC nyo na po ang bahala na maginform?? may email po ba tayo matatanggap from cem na pending po status ko? salamat po...

engr_40905

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 July 2014
Doc's Request.
15 December 2015 (LOA)
AOR Received.
23 March 2016
Med's Request
19 April 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
19 July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
03 August 2016
LANDED..........
13 September 2016
gennybuen said:
any updates from the clinic? my husband will do his re xray next week. done with initial assessment t9gether with our children but in his case he was advised to undergo sputum and tb culture that cause so much delay. keep posted. thanks
Hi gennybuen,
I did my sputum smear last May 4 to 6 and got negative results. The pulmo doctor said that my last July 2014 xray and current xray has no significant changes. He advised me to wait for the sputum culture which will take 2 months. Once the results is negative they will update/submit my medical to the embassy, no more repeat xray for me because I laready have my previous xray dated July 2014. Repeat xray for your husband? for double checking only? do you have previous xray? you can show it to them.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
Hi all

My medical status changed to "passed". Its a long wait , but worth waiting to see my reports showing up negative.

Keep motivated. I wish everyone going through this phase of visa processing all the best.