+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
gennybuen said:
Hi.May i know what is the stated in the so-called mefical furtherance? please..
Medical furtherance

During your immigration medical examination, a medical condition was reported by you or detected by the doctor. Immigration has received this information and now wants to make sure that the condition is not severe enough to affect your admissibility to Canada. Generally applicant will be contacted by email with the instructions about furtherance(vary from applicant-to-applicant/based on the abnormalities and past medical history)

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
pedepano said:
Really?!
For me it's been one month and no news yet! I'm getting really anxious!
It depends on VO as well.

gennybuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Request
11-02-2016
Med's Done....
17-02-2016
Interview........
dec.23 2016
IMGNSPNP said:
Medical furtherance

During your immigration medical examination, a medical condition was reported by you or detected by the doctor. Immigration has received this information and now wants to make sure that the condition is not severe enough to affect your admissibility to Canada. Generally applicant will be contacted by email with the instructions about furtherance(vary from applicant-to-applicant/based on the abnormalities and past medical history)
Thank you.

dxb_yyz

Mar 19, 2016
So, nobody knows about Form 160?

Maybe somebody can explain how the whole treatment process ends?
What is the last step in terms of checking and documents to be uploaded to eMedical? I don't understand what I should do when 6 months are done.
Thank you!

cool ammy

Mar 9, 2016
dxb_yyz said:
So, nobody knows about Form 160?

Maybe somebody can explain how the whole treatment process ends?
What is the last step in terms of checking and documents to be uploaded to eMedical? I don't understand what I should do when 6 months are done.
Thank you!
hi ..same here this is my last month of treatment which ll complete end of this month and the letter from vo requests for repeat chest x-ray and sputum culture test after completion of treatment after all this the physicin ll forward medical clearance certificate to the vo.

rosan1021

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
January 29, 2015
AOR Received.
July 20, 2015
Med's Request
December 23,2015
Med's Done....
January 6, 2016
Passport Req..
Patiently waiting
LANDED..........
In GODS time
Hello guys how's everyone?
I need advise please, my dependant was negative from his medical issues (scars on lungs) after 2 months. He has re-xray scheduled on April 7.
Cic emailed me that I should send "COMPLETED MeDICAL" reports on april1. I received the email 2 Mos ago and replied right away I told them that we have re-xray and I also asked for an extension for deadline.

They never email me back. So was wondering if it was acknowledged or no? Call them?

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
rosan1021 said:
Hello guys how's everyone?
I need advise please, my dependant was negative from his medical issues (scars on lungs) after 2 months. He has re-xray scheduled on April 7.
Cic emailed me that I should send "COMPLETED MeDICAL" reports on april1. I received the email 2 Mos ago and replied right away I told them that we have re-xray and I also asked for an extension for deadline.

They never email me back. So was wondering if it was acknowledged or no? Call them?
Hi

What Is the deadline CHC given to you in the initial furtherance email?

rosan1021

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
January 29, 2015
AOR Received.
July 20, 2015
Med's Request
December 23,2015
Med's Done....
January 6, 2016
Passport Req..
Patiently waiting
LANDED..........
In GODS time
I don't think it's furtherance I did not received any deadline except for this April 1 we had medical January.

rosan1021

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
January 29, 2015
AOR Received.
July 20, 2015
Med's Request
December 23,2015
Med's Done....
January 6, 2016
Passport Req..
Patiently waiting
LANDED..........
In GODS time
Isn't it panel physician sends them that there is follow up for sputum culture? 2 mos had passed and re xray is April 7 but they gave me deadline April 1 so I emailed them and didn't received any extension or reply from them

I don't know what to do

niche0910

Nov 1, 2015
Hi,

I did my medical tests on 31st October 2015 and AOR 26th November 2015.
I did not hear anything on my medicals till February 2016 from CIC or panel physician.
After repeatedly contacting panel physician,they told me that I have to undergo sputum test due to a scar in xray,which I have done.

I am really confused as :
1) I did not receive any furtherance mail from CIC through mycic/ email/ slow mail
2) My gcms notes also do not mention anything on medical,expcept in progress

Is there anything I can do except wait for result and undergo repeat xray and pulmonologist opinion. Its already been almost 5 months since 1st xray.

Thanks in advance.

Lady B

Jan 19, 2016
Please I need an advise! I travel to my home country and decided to do my medicals there (bcos its cheaper), I have not submitted my app yet but the doctor said the x-ray is inconclusive and I will have to do a sputum test, which will take 8 weeks to get the result. I'm only here for 2 weeks!

Is it advisable to do the sputum here and do the second X-ray with another doctor in my country of residence? Since I won't be here after the 8 weeks. Or do a fresh medicals with another certified doctor? Thank you

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
Lady B said:
Please I need an advise! I travel to my home country and decided to do my medicals there (bcos its cheaper), I have not submitted my app yet but the doctor said the x-ray is inconclusive and I will have to do a sputum test, which will take 8 weeks to get the result. I'm only here for 2 weeks!

Is it advisable to do the sputum here and do the second X-ray with another doctor in my country of residence? Since I won't be here after the 8 weeks. Or do a fresh medicals with another certified doctor? Thank you
There is no NO rule you have to stick to same panel physician through out your medical exam because your medical record holds unique IME number in e-Medical system. You can return to see the Panel Physician who performed your immigration medical examination OR to another eMedical enabled Panel Physician .

Many people stick to one panel physician through out their medical exam (incl Furtherance/further medication etc) to ensure consistency and it also help the physician to quickly recollect your case at any instance during the process.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
niche0910 said:
Hi,

I did my medical tests on 31st October 2015 and AOR 26th November 2015.
I did not hear anything on my medicals till February 2016 from CIC or panel physician.
After repeatedly contacting panel physician,they told me that I have to undergo sputum test due to a scar in xray,which I have done.

I am really confused as :
1) I did not receive any furtherance mail from CIC through mycic/ email/ slow mail
2) My gcms notes also do not mention anything on medical,expcept in progress

Is there anything I can do except wait for result and undergo repeat xray and pulmonologist opinion. Its already been almost 5 months since 1st xray.

Thanks in advance.
you can send a case specific query to CIC explaining the situation once again.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
rosan1021 said:
Isn't it panel physician sends them that there is follow up for sputum culture? 2 mos had passed and re xray is April 7 but they gave me deadline April 1 so I emailed them and didn't received any extension or reply from them

I don't know what to do
Hi

Panel physician must have updated to CHC about scheduled date for re x-ray which is due on 07-04-2016. Make sure you contact them and confirm the same from them.

All the best

anirsomar

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
Does anybody from this forum had the same situation as my sister?
My sister had their medical exam at IOM last January 25, 2016 and they found on her xray a suspicious nodule
She undergo for 3 days sputum test last Feb1-3, 2016 and got a
Call from IOM last Feb.22, 2016 for her re-xray on April 26, but yesterday she got another call (April 4, 2016) from IOM for her to come to the Clinic on friday for the sputum result.. Were kinda nervous about it. Does anyone from this forum had the same situation.. ? Were hoping that she is negative from tb.
Thanks in advance for replies..