+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

akkinikka

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-06-2014
File Transfer...
10-10-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2014 : FURTHERANCE TESTS REQUEST 14-05-2015 FURTHERANCE DONE 22-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-08-2015 / DM 05-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ON HAND- Sept.10,2015 / VIsa issued: july 27, 2015
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
DesiDreamz2014 said:
Hi,
I need some advice. Has anyone got their case transferred to another Panel Physician?

I am working in the middle east. In my medical test, the panel physician found a scar and after further tests diagnosed it as Active Pulmonary TB. I had TB 17 years ago and had taken 9 months medications and have no symptoms.

CIC sent a furtherance email for sputum and x-ray after 3 months. I am not comfortable with the medical staff here as TB is very rare in the middle east. I am travelling to India for a vacation next month. Is it possible for me to take the next set of tests with an approved panel physician in India?

Has anyone transferred their case before? I'm not sure how I should inform CIC and approach the new panel physician.

thanks in advance for your valuable inputs...
hello ... An applicant instructed for furtherance tests should go back to his or her panel physician but regarding ur concern of transfer of PP, one can transfer to a new panel physician for some valid reasons.. Exceptional circumstances include: moving to a new location making it difficult to visit the original panel physician, or the original panel physician is no longer available.

uwaterloo

Nov 7, 2014
Hi guys, I'd like to share my store. Hope this may help you in your medical exam.

I was like most of friends in this thread that I was required to do a further medical exam with the sputum test and a second chest X ray.

I did my first medical exam in China when I was visiting a city there, and then returned to Canada, since I am a student in Canada. After I returned to Canada, I received the email from CIC to ask me to do the further medical exam. It was way too pricey for me to go to the original place to do my second medical exam, therefore I did this exam in Canada. So I guess that's fine to switch places to do the exam if we have reasonable excuse.

On Aug. 19, I did my second chest X ray, and the doctor submitted the results on Aug. 28. Although in the medical results, the result for the Mycobacterial Culture is Mycobacterium Gordonae, I still got the medical passed according to the GCMS notes 8) and the line about 'medical results rcvd' was also updated on ECAS. Now I am waiting for PPR. But it seems it will be a long wait since CPC-Ottawa is not working on FSW 2014 right now.

Hope this will help some of friends here. Good luck everyone ;D

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
uwaterloo said:
Hi guys, I'd like to share my store. Hope this may help you in your medical exam.

I was like most of friends in this thread that I was required to do a further medical exam with the sputum test and a second chest X ray.

I did my first medical exam in China when I was visiting a city there, and then returned to Canada, since I am a student in Canada. After I returned to Canada, I received the email from CIC to ask me to do the further medical exam. It was way too pricey for me to go to the original place to do my second medical exam, therefore I did this exam in Canada. So I guess that's fine to switch places to do the exam if we have reasonable excuse.

On Aug. 19, I did my second chest X ray, and the doctor submitted the results on Aug. 28. Although in the medical results, the result for the Mycobacterial Culture is Mycobacterium Gordonae, I still got the medical passed according to the GCMS notes 8) and the line about 'medical results rcvd' was also updated on ECAS. Now I am waiting for PPR. But it seems it will be a long wait since CPC-Ottawa is not working on FSW 2014 right now.

Waooo this is similar to akkinikka's situation although he did not change panel physician. This is comforting. Thanks for this wonderful post.

LazyBoy7199

Sep 7, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (Changed to WVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br><b>Initial App:</b> 29-05-2014 <br><b>Rejected/Returned:</b> 15-10-2014 <br><b>Reapplied:</b> 05-11-2014
Nomination.....
<br><b>CC Charged:</b> 08-Jan-2015 <br><b>PER:</b> 30-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
<br><b>AOR:</b>24-Feb-2015 (WVO) <br><b> SLU: </b> 17-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
L:8.5 ; R:7.5 ; W:7.0 ; S:8.0
Med's Request
06-May-2015
Med's Done....
<br><b> Med Done: </b> 11-May-2015 <br><b>Re-Med: </b> 13-Aug-2015 <br><b>TLU: </b> 14-Oct-2015
Passport Req..
22-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Dec-2015
Hi uwaterloo, thanks for sharing your experience. We share very similar timelines however different VO's... Curious to know why CPC-Ottawa is not working on FSW applications? Is this the case with all VO's??? My file is being processed at Warsaw!

Cheers,
LazyBoy

uwaterloo said:

uetech

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2014
Doc's Request.
PER 30-12-2014
AOR Received.
Pics 06-02-2015
File Transfer...
Visa Officer: BWJ
Med's Request
10-06-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2015 and post 90 days X-Ray on 30-09-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015, Passport submitted on 29-10-2015 and received back on 13-11-2015
LANDED..........
soon, in'sha'Allah
uetech said:
Well, the 3rd line is actually the 7th line, and was updated around 10th October (Your medical results have been received). So now waiting for PPR. Hopefully, it should be around the corner ::)
Latest update for today. I have finally received the PPR! ;D yayyyyyy!!!

Hope everyone gets theirs soon too.

CA2014

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
05-01-2015
IELTS Request
Already provided
uetech said:

Congrats !! So Happy for you !! hopefully mine should be on the way too :)

akkinikka

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-06-2014
File Transfer...
10-10-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2014 : FURTHERANCE TESTS REQUEST 14-05-2015 FURTHERANCE DONE 22-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-08-2015 / DM 05-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ON HAND- Sept.10,2015 / VIsa issued: july 27, 2015
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
uwaterloo said:

hello ! Its good to know u passed ur furtherance tests. If i may share, i already have my visa and copr.. However received a sheet informing im under medical surveillance in Canada. Nevertheless i hav my visa and preparing myself to go to toronto this January2016. Hoping i could do my landing smoothly and succesfully, however im a bit nervous thinking about flying alone. Godbless us all!

uwaterloo

Nov 7, 2014
LazyBoy7199 said:
Hi uwaterloo, thanks for sharing your experience. We share very similar timelines however different VO's... Curious to know why CPC-Ottawa is not working on FSW applications? Is this the case with all VO's??? My file is being processed at Warsaw!

Cheers,
LazyBoy
Actually, I don't know the reason. Someone said it was the election in Canada. We haven't hear anything from CPC-O for 3 months. All the applicants are waiting for the PPR.

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
uetech said:

uetech congratulations.

C.K.

Oct 27, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I have a question. A little background first. I got my "file number" on Jan. of this year and I have applied under the Skilled worker category. So while waiting for the next thing to happen, my 3 year's old daughter was diagnosed with a primary complex and she started medication on April, 2015 up to 6 months until October. She, was diagnosed by doing the skin test. After probably a week when she finished the medication, I got an e-mail this Oct. 21 from the Canadian immigration and they were asking for us to do now a Medical examination (all 4 or us) and get a Police certificates (me and my wife). We were asked to submit everything within 30 days and failure to do so might cause our application to be refused.

My daughter's pedia told us that she will do an x-ray to confirm that she does not have anymore the primary complex 4 to 6 months after her medication.

My question is, since we were only given 30 days and not more, to do everything and submit everything, I feel like that this medical for my daughter will cause it to delay and, hopefully not, waste my application. Because I read a lot that there will be 1 month of a certain test before a result shows up etc. And before we get a "yes" from the dr. that will do our medication for this Canada immigration thing.

What can you guys advice for me? I am stressed and pressured about this 30 days.

Thanks,
Christian

htokyo

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2015
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
Med's Request
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
26-10-2015 (medical results received)
Passport Req..
24-02-2016 (DM 26-02-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted Feb 29, visa received Mar 18
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
uetech said:

Congrats!

LazyBoy7199

Sep 7, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (Changed to WVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br><b>Initial App:</b> 29-05-2014 <br><b>Rejected/Returned:</b> 15-10-2014 <br><b>Reapplied:</b> 05-11-2014
Nomination.....
<br><b>CC Charged:</b> 08-Jan-2015 <br><b>PER:</b> 30-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
<br><b>AOR:</b>24-Feb-2015 (WVO) <br><b> SLU: </b> 17-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
L:8.5 ; R:7.5 ; W:7.0 ; S:8.0
Med's Request
06-May-2015
Med's Done....
<br><b> Med Done: </b> 11-May-2015 <br><b>Re-Med: </b> 13-Aug-2015 <br><b>TLU: </b> 14-Oct-2015
Passport Req..
22-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Dec-2015
uwaterloo said:
Actually, I don't know the reason. Someone said it was the election in Canada. We haven't hear anything from CPC-O for 3 months. All the applicants are waiting for the PPR.
Same is the case with Warsaw VO... Many applicants (including me) are waiting for PPR however no activity from the VO :(

CA2014

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
05-01-2015
IELTS Request
Already provided
C.K. said:
Hi Everyone,

I have a question. A little background first. I got my "file number" on Jan. of this year and I have applied under the Skilled worker category. So while waiting for the next thing to happen, my 3 year's old daughter was diagnosed with a primary complex and she started medication on April, 2015 up to 6 months until October. She, was diagnosed by doing the skin test. After probably a week when she finished the medication, I got an e-mail this Oct. 21 from the Canadian immigration and they were asking for us to do now a Medical examination (all 4 or us) and get a Police certificates (me and my wife). We were asked to submit everything within 30 days and failure to do so might cause our application to be refused.

My daughter's pedia told us that she will do an x-ray to confirm that she does not have anymore the primary complex 4 to 6 months after her medication.

My question is, since we were only given 30 days and not more, to do everything and submit everything, I feel like that this medical for my daughter will cause it to delay and, hopefully not, waste my application. Because I read a lot that there will be 1 month of a certain test before a result shows up etc. And before we get a "yes" from the dr. that will do our medication for this Canada immigration thing.

What can you guys advice for me? I am stressed and pressured about this 30 days.

Thanks,
Christian
Hi CK,

There is no need to worry. However you and your family have to do the medical within the 30 days.This is mandatory. In the medical form for your daughter and to the doctor you will have to declare that she is currently recovering/under medication for TB.
once the medicals are submitted to CIC they will then decide if she has to do a medical furtharance (most probably she would have to ) or not.

This does not mean you will be rejected but if a furtharance is requeted then the visa will be delayed ONLY

So without anymore delay go ahead and do the medicals and wait for the response from CIC.

Medical furtherance would be:
  • Culture test and repeat X ray in 3 month
    IF sputum cannot be produced for culture test then you will have to repeat a chest X ray in 6 months.

All the best ! :)

C.K.

Oct 27, 2015
CA2014 said:
Hi CK,

There is no need to worry. However you and your family have to do the medical within the 30 days.This is mandatory. In the medical form for your daughter and to the doctor you will have to declare that she is currently recovering/under medication for TB.
once the medicals are submitted to CIC they will then decide if she has to do a medical furtharance (most probably she would have to ) or not.

This does not mean you will be rejected but if a furtharance is requeted then the visa will be delayed ONLY

So without anymore delay go ahead and do the medicals and wait for the response from CIC.

Medical furtherance would be:
  • Culture test and repeat X ray in 3 month
    IF sputum cannot be produced for culture test then you will have to repeat a chest X ray in 6 months.

All the best ! :)
Hi @ CA2014,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I just finished my medical here in the UAE and my wife and 2 daughters will be doing theirs on Nov. 02 at St. lukes global city.
I am just hoping that they can do the upload the quickest as they can.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
C.K. said:
The "submit" deadline on the instructions given to you pertain mostly to the PCCs and other documents to be submitted to the VO, and not necessarily to the transmission of the medical exam results from the clinic to the VO.

With respect to the IME, the 30-day period is for you to schedule and complete the IME at the clinic - these are instructions for you, not for the clinic. PPs/clinic have their own threshold for transmitting the results for review by the medical officer, and this is not inclusive of the period (30days) given to you to undergo IME. As long as you and your dependents have scheduled and finished the IME within the 30day period - you are Ok. Finished in this sense refers only to the actual conduct of the IME, not inclusive of the transmittal period of the results to the VO.

This is why the advise is as soon as you and your dependents have completed IME, send word to the VO that the instructions to finish an IME have been complied to within the period given (30 days) - this provides notice to the VO that your part is complete. Between the clinic and the VO, that is their own timeframe.

.../atb