+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

andy_7830

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hello Vegasindian,

For question #1. You might take again and your wife because mostly medical before visa to the list of medical practitioner Canadian Embassy will give it to you, this does not matter if you or your wife had medical with in 6 months but you can try to give yours and wife medical if you both have copy to the authorized medical practitioner when time comes.

You did not specify which non tb your wife had. Here in BC for what I know after treatment of pulmonary tb or for those people exposed to PTB when cleared of disease mostly will undergo chest xray after 6 months. On my experienced brain and spine tb recovery is not very good this might affect your application in the near future for your wife. This answer question #2.

Last question, if question pulmonary tb the answer is no to both of you if you and your wife never have pulmonary tb or never exposed to PTB. For example brain tb is not contagious and it is not throat or lungs tb.

Andy

MommyBear888

May 8, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
23-05-2015
Passport Req..
23-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
Masih khan said:
When did you appear for medical tests ? And yaa the result takes two months it is so long and hope we all get negative result and sure it will be cuz we already have gone through the treatment.
A week after my medical exam was my schedule. I'm now waiting for the result and hoping for a good one.

Masih khan

May 15, 2015
MommyBear888 said:
A week after my medical exam was my schedule. I'm now waiting for the result and hoping for a good one.
Okay great and my mom will appear from tomorrow for three consecutive days , the rest of family medical is cleared i think we will wait till mom is cleared.

fswjuly2014

May 6, 2015
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014 / PER 20-11-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-04-2015 (3rd line updated 20-05-2015)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-05-2015 (Sent 04-06-15) / DM 10-06-15
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2015 / VISA received 24-06-2015
LANDED..........
AUGUST 2015 :-)
Hi. I too was told that I have a lung scar during my medical exam. It bothered me a lot since all of my previous xrays are clear and normal. So I have decided to consult a pulmonologist and had TB quantiferon test which would show if I have latent or active TB. The results came and it was negative. Im still waiting for reply from the embassy regarding my medical report. Do you guys think I should submit my quantiferon test if ever they would ask me for sputum exam? tnx..

vegasIndian

Oct 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
Med's Request
03-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
17-Jul-2015
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015
andy_7830 said:
Hello Vegasindian,

For question #1. You might take again and your wife because mostly medical before visa to the list of medical practitioner Canadian Embassy will give it to you, this does not matter if you or your wife had medical with in 6 months but you can try to give yours and wife medical if you both have copy to the authorized medical practitioner when time comes.

You did not specify which non tb your wife had. Here in BC for what I know after treatment of pulmonary tb or for those people exposed to PTB when cleared of disease mostly will undergo chest xray after 6 months. On my experienced brain and spine tb recovery is not very good this might affect your application in the near future for your wife. This answer question #2.

Last question, if question pulmonary tb the answer is no to both of you if you and your wife never have pulmonary tb or never exposed to PTB. For example brain tb is not contagious and it is not throat or lungs tb.

Andy
Hi Andy, Thanks for the detailed answer. My wife has TB in the bones.

eptrinidad

May 11, 2015
pat1181 said:
Hi ept,

sa case ng husband ko he did the 2nd sputum request after 3 months of medication and that was it. We just waited for the 6th mos then cleared. No preventive meds for my kids since all sputum and smear are negative. It was just hazy on the left, no spot or what so ever but they rulled out right away suspiscious TB. No symptoms, husband is regular to the gym and doing mountain climbing. It's just so unlucky of him na that day his Xray is not clear as to what they want. My Kids were all ok with their Xray. :)
Hi Ma'am Pat,

Thanks for the information, Ma'am. Do they have already their visas? My concern is that my husband's treatment will end on November and our baby's medical as well as mine will expire on February 2016. I just hope after treatment, processing is fast and smooth with CEM. God bless!

ept

eptrinidad

May 11, 2015
ivan28 said:
Hi ebp!

Yes i took the treatment before doing the sputum afb and culture... i have consulted a private Pulmonologist also and told me i have to undergo six month treatment because i did have PTB in the right upper lobe.. i also have my previous xrays with me, and when they compared it, the spot in my right upper lobe was visible... so i agreed to undergo with the treatment :)
Hi Ivan!

Sir, what was the result of your 1st sputum culture? Did they request for sensitivity test? We paid 5K for sensitivity test. We don't have the result of the sensitivity test until now but my husband already took the medicine. Thanks.

ept

Masih khan

May 15, 2015
Hi guys / went through people

Hope you are all fine and healthy, i have some questions please answer if you have been through the same.

1- will the IOM call for post 3 months xray or we will call them ?
2- after the result of sputum will they wait for the xray or they will forward the sputum test to the embassy ?
3- what about thr dependents in the application are thier medical already sent or they await the pending sputum test for one of the family members ?
4- approximate duration it takes to be cleared from everything once ur sputum culture test is taken ?

Regards

Waiting Winni

Dec 11, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1204 NOC O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MPNP File on November 30, 2013 & CIC Received File on November 04, 2014
Nomination.....
September 22, 2014
AOR Received.
April 08, 2015
File Transfer...
File Transferred to NDVO on May 13, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
Upfront Medical on May 29, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 23, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
September 23, 2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully by November 17, 2015
I have few questions and want your help my friends. I have no other way to confirm but expect you guys will help me to solve this problem and keep me relax.

I have Lung TB in 2009-10 and It was cured in 9 Months around November 2010 and had took Chest X ray till 2013 for my own confirmation and gather for the proof of CIC application during medical.

I have question that if there is scar in the chest x ray today than CIC will ask for repeated chest x rat after 3 months or they will consider my older chest x ray to compare with latest one.

I will go with sputum test along with my medical without their request I will go for sputum test for fasten my process but litle bit worried because have read that they will ask for repeated chest x ray with gap of 3 months from the date we have medical done first. Please help me to get this answer my friends. Thanks

Brieanna

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Waiting Winni said:
I have few questions and want your help my friends. I have no other way to confirm but expect you guys will help me to solve this problem and keep me relax.

I have Lung TB in 2009-10 and It was cured in 9 Months around November 2010 and had took Chest X ray till 2013 for my own confirmation and gather for the proof of CIC application during medical.

I have question that if there is scar in the chest x ray today than CIC will ask for repeated chest x rat after 3 months or they will consider my older chest x ray to compare with latest one.

I will go with sputum test along with my medical without their request I will go for sputum test for fasten my process but litle bit worried because have read that they will ask for repeated chest x ray with gap of 3 months from the date we have medical done first. Please help me to get this answer my friends. Thanks
In my case, they will do sputum test, 3 consecutive days, then will do another xray in 3 months. u can do ur sputum test along with ur medical exams however, check with ur panel physician since they need to give you a referral for sputum test. Also, some of panel physicians will wait for initial test results from cic before they refer you to medical furtherance.

jakil

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014---Application Received: 23-June-2014
Nomination.....
DD encashed: 09-October-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 21-October-2014
IELTS Request
upon filing
File Transfer...
Addt'l documents: 19-February-2015
Med's Request
2nd line ECAS:19-May-2015---MR: 26-May-2015
Med's Done....
04-June-2015---3rd line ECAS: 15-June-2015
Interview........
waived hopefully...
Passport Req..
13-July-2015----DM: 25-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-July-2015----Visa on hand: 01-August-2015
LANDED..........
October 2015
Hi...
I need your advise...Please reply...year 2006- diagnose with PTB, had a scar on x-ray but non contagious and negative for sputum...after treatment, had another x ray and the scar was gone...also had several x rays after that...when I went to abu dhabi to work, had my medicals also and all were normal...
Question: Do I need to declare my history of PTB?? I'm a bit worried because if I declare, it will cause delay to our application...

Please enlighten me...Thank you!

NewPlan2014

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th September 2015 at CIO
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
Med's Request
10th March 2015
Med's Done....
17th March 2015
Masih khan said:
Okay great and my mom will appear from tomorrow for three consecutive days , the rest of family medical is cleared i think we will wait till mom is cleared.
Hopefully your everything will go through. Is medical result have been received line added in your ECAS status?

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Hi Guys!
Noc 3012
May2014 applicant
Sept 23 PER
NOV 11 MR
unfortunately I had a Medical furtherance, i did 6 month PTB treatment
May 23 2015 my Medical update was sent to CEM
May 28 2015 Medical Received.
Waiting for PPR... Hoping it will arrive soon :)

Brieanna

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
ivan28 said:
Hi Guys!
Noc 3012
May2014 applicant
Sept 23 PER
NOV 11 MR
unfortunately I had a Medical furtherance, i did 6 month PTB treatment
May 23 2015 my Medical update was sent to CEM
May 28 2015 Medical Received.
Waiting for PPR... Hoping it will arrive soon :)
Hi, Ivan. May I ask why 6 months? have you done sputum culture? If yes, it was only for 3 months right?

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Brieanna said:
Hi, Ivan. May I ask why 6 months? have you done sputum culture? If yes, it was only for 3 months right?
I was diagnosed as Active PTB... that's why i have undergone 6 months of treatment :)