+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

eceric01

Jun 20, 2007
rn13 said:
Good am. Just wanna clarify things. Someone wants to sponsor me so i can go to canada but i was diagnosed to have a minimal ptb last nov 2013. I already finished my treatment but i have this scar. May i know the process/steps on applying for visa? Do i still have a chancebto enter canada with this scar? Plss tell me to do. Ibreally wantbto go there but this scars stopping me.im afraid that mybapplication will bebrjected because of this
Thanks
Hi rn13. You will probably undergo a series of Medical tests (minumum of 2 x-rays plus those sputum culture/test) requested by the Canadian Embassy to prove that you don't have an active TB. If you have the funds to cover the medical tests, you can go ahead and apply. It's the only way you would know if you will be rejected. :) Scarring is usually the effect of treatment and if 2 x-rays (i think 3 months apart) shows that the scar didn't change it could be a good sign. However, i read in the forums that even if all results came back negative they still were still required to undergo TB treatment, which for me is unreasonable. Good luck with your application.

MSDEETAN

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
CC 26-11-2014
Nomination.....
PER 23-12-2014
Med's Request
May 8, 2015
Med's Done....
May 15, 2015 started
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
February 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 2016
LANDED..........
May 4 2016
charlielhaye said:
what will happen if the sputum test is negative? my kids are cleared for medical this wedneaday except for my xray the doctor says there is a apot on my xray. innubo kc ako nung nagpa medical kami. if the sputum test is abnormal or positive, does anyone know how much will it cost me for my medication and for how long? and ano pa ba mga ibang gagastusin? nabigla ako sa price ng sputum plus hepa b amd hepa c test pako this jan 27 28 29. thanks....
How much sputum test? Y ka may Hepa B and Hepa C TEST
?

charlielhaye

Jan 9, 2015
8k sputum sa IOM. 1745 or 1750 ang hepa b&c test nila sa IOM.un doctor assigned sa iom nag rerequest nian hepa b and c ....

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
I have a very terrible news :(
There's a new protocol regarding sputum exam. I have done my sputum exam in st. Lukes last December 1-3. My sputum AFB are all negative, and my sputum culture result was released on January 28 and still NEGATIVE. I am so happy about my results. I am currently taking TB medication because they have found a scar in my right lung. Now my agony just came in. Nationwide Baguio called me and told me about the new protocol. I have to undergo sputum exam again. Not once but twice. One this February and another in March. It is so frustrating, not only it cost expensive but the procedure is very stressful. I am so helpless. I have to repeat 3 days of sputum exam again and again. Why does it have to be this way. I feel so frustrated.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Sleepyhead619

Mar 3, 2014
Here is my timeline:

**August 2013 - Application Received
**September 27, 2013 - Appication Processed
**October 4, 2013 - Medical Exam Request (Unfortunately we did not receive the email from CIC on this day)
**January 16, 2014 - Medical Exam Request (This time we receive the email from CIC)
**February 18 (mine) and 21 (wife) 2014 - Medical Exam Done (She took her Med Exam in Canada. And I took my Med Exam in Cebu Doctors' Hospital)
**February 28, 2014 - Request of PR fee and she paid it on the same day
**April 21, 22 and 23 - Medical Furtherance Test (Sputum Test)

**January 14, 2015 - PR Application Approved (pero nalaman nang asawa ko is February 10 ata)
**February 13, 2015 - Passport Request
**February 28, 2015 - na mail na nang asawa ko ang aming Passport . My wife is the Applicant. She's in Halifax.

Almost 1 year after after Medical Examination na approve ang application ni wifey. Salamat kay Lord at binigay na niya ang hinihintay namin.

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally graduate na din si hubby ko!

Good news from him today that final xray after his 6 months medication is all cleared.

Dec 8 - re xray
Dec 15,16 &17 - 2nd sputum request done

March 3 - final re xray and sputum all negative, lungs were cleared
March 3 - got the clearance from the pulmo and will update CIC directly.

It's been a long depressing process but finally We're both relieved!

Hope that evertyhing will be processed quickly since we only have till June for the validity of their medicals since my children was Ok and was receives since last July 19.

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
pat1181 said:
Finally graduate na din si hubby ko!

Good news from him today that final xray after his 6 months medication is all cleared.

Dec 8 - re xray
Dec 15,16 &17 - 2nd sputum request done

March 3 - final re xray and sputum all negative, lungs were cleared
March 3 - got the clearance from the pulmo and will update CIC directly.

It's been a long depressing process but finally We're both relieved!

Hope that evertyhing will be processed quickly since we only have till June for the validity of their medicals since my children was Ok and was receives since last July 19.
Hi maam... please update us if the embassy will be requesting your husband's passport and issuance of visa... i would like to know his timeline... ty and Godbless :)

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Hi
In my case we got visa with COPR 2.02 in my wife case
so they send letter to do test here again, than done xray...... doctor suggest skin test....... than said its positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

no any sympotoms in her for TB, all test negative in india ......... lots many test here and now they said its positive how????

andy_7830

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hello,

My mom just finished 6 months medication at St lukes ermita, done xray last march 23 and sputum test scheduled dated march 25, 26 and 27, 2015. I don't know yet what next after sputum test. I am same time with Pat but her husband finished treatment earlier and sputum 3 months earlier congrats.

Andy

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
andy_7830 said:
Hello,

My mom just finished 6 months medication at St lukes ermita, done xray last march 23 and sputum test scheduled dated march 25, 26 and 27, 2015. I don't know yet what next after sputum test. I am same time with Pat but her husband finished treatment earlier and sputum 3 months earlier congrats.

Andy
Your Mom did the 6 months treatment at St. Lukes? Will there be a problem because i am doing my 6 months treatment at home... but my medications came from a health center near my house. :)

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vats said:
Hi
In my case we got visa with COPR 2.02 in my wife case
so they send letter to do test here again, than done xray...... doctor suggest skin test....... than said its positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

no any sympotoms in her for TB, all test negative in india ......... lots many test here and now they said its positive how????
Hi Vats,

This is very alarming to know. We who are exposed to TB usually gets positive remarks for skin test. Did they provide the doctor that you went with or you went to your family doctor?

Then what would happen if skin test is positive. They shouldn't be requiring a skin testing cost mostly people who were immuned and exposed would get a positive result.

ellann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
pat1181 said:
Hi Vats,

This is very alarming to know. We who are exposed to TB usually gets positive remarks for skin test. Did they provide the doctor that you went with or you went to your family doctor?

Then what would happen if skin test is positive. They shouldn't be requiring a skin testing cost mostly people who were immuned and exposed would get a positive result.
Ate when I had Tb test for my work requirements I turned positive because most asians are exposed or bcoz of the bcg vaccine. Mybfamily doc reffered me to st mikes matagl sched maybe 2 months bago nakakuha ako then cray ako dun clear so ask lng nila ako if iblike to do thectreatment then paliwanag nila pros and cons but only 5percent lng matreat but still u'll be positive pa din kc immune tayo na so pinachoose ako di sila namimilit so sabi ko no kc ung gamit will affect kidney and you have to go back evrymonth for liver test . Ang maganda lng papdalhn family doc mo na clear ka na at if ever ask ka uli ng tb testing for eork cray na lng gagawin ng family doctor mo no skin test. Kc clear ka na ng tb clinic dito. Ung hubby ko my syrvaillace din kc ngsputum sya so ganun gagawin ng dic dito pagdating nya refer sya sa tb clinic.

andy_7830

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hello ivan28,

Yes my mother had 6 months treatment at St lukes and possible extension depends on xray and sputum test result. It is costly we don't have house in manila imagine my sister and mother need to stay for 6 months for everyday/weekdays treatment.

Ellen is correct bcg make skin test positive.
Now a days what they are doing at public health clinic in Vancouver if you are not expose to tuberculosis skin test below 10 size of lump they let you clear but if you are expose like example job below 10 size is positive and you need to undergo xray. If something wrong on xray I think a year treatment by injection. This is what I know I am not a patient.

Andy

andy_7830

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Here where I live family doctor don't do skin test they refer you somewhere and you have to pay except if you are exposed with tb patient/person or you/yourself showing symptoms.

You need to be positive once on skin test, in the near future of another suspicion health authority skip skin test and xray instead. This is almost what ellan posted.

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was able to get a clear explanation from the med tech this morning when i went for my lab test. We get positive tb on skin test due to the fact that we got immunized when we were young. And i think getting all medical clearances n record from ur Doctor will help them understand your medical history.