+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Just want to update you with the medical furtherance. Since I'm currently in the Philippines, I accompanied my husband yesterday to do his follow up X-Ray after 3 months of his medication. We're experiencing typhoon, hence, we still went for his appointment at 2:00pm at IOM then brought it to makati med for their registered pulmonogist. We compared sep 4 X-Ray to his lates X-Ray and now it shows that lungs are clear and there's no more hazy or cloudy part. Now IOM asked him to do repeat sputum as the embassy requested another re-sputum as their new protocol to all whose undergoing meds (1st sputum test last July was all NEGATIVE). Even though lungs were all cleared now, they still want my husband to finish the rest of his medication till March 4 but he lowered now the dosage of his medication. I'm kinda relief to hear it from the pulmo to say "don't worry it's just a repeat sputum that they want to check but your husband is good to go. I'll just see him on March 4 to issue his clearance".
I hope that every thing will be ok for his 2nd sputum that scheduled on dec 15,16,17. Then result will be out most probably by Feb 10. In God's time this will end :)

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
pat1181 said:
Hi,

Just want to update you with the medical furtherance. Since I'm currently in the Philippines, I accompanied my husband yesterday to do his follow up X-Ray after 3 months of his medication. We're experiencing typhoon, hence, we still went for his appointment at 2:00pm at IOM then brought it to makati med for their registered pulmonogist. We compared sep 4 X-Ray to his lates X-Ray and now it shows that lungs are clear and there's no more hazy or cloudy part. Now IOM asked him to do repeat sputum as the embassy requested another re-sputum as their new protocol to all whose undergoing meds (1st sputum test last July was all NEGATIVE). Even though lungs were all cleared now, they still want my husband to finish the rest of his medication till March 4 but he lowered now the dosage of his medication. I'm kinda relief to hear it from the pulmo to say "don't worry it's just a repeat sputum that they want to check but your husband is good to go. I'll just see him on March 4 to issue his clearance".
I hope that every thing will be ok for his 2nd sputum that scheduled on dec 15,16,17. Then result will be out most probably by Feb 10. In God's time this will end :)
Good day Ma'am... i would like to share my story... I have a scar in my upper right lobe of my lung but since i didn't have any treatment or history of tb before, i was told to undergo tb medication for 6 months... i already did my sputum exam at st. lukes last dec 1 2 and 3... the results of the afb are all negative and i am just waiting for the result of the culture which takes up to 2 months...Now, I am a bit worried because u said that your husband was asked to undergo sputum exam again eventhough the previous sputum exam of your husband were all negative. I really didn't like the experience of doing the sputum exam, I mean u have to wake up at around 3am in the morning because hundreds of people are already in line if u wont come early.. plus it makes me feel helpless and i pity myself why i am undergoing such procedure... I hope we dont have to undergo it again... but then again, I went to the pulmonologist accredited by Nationwide Baguio (I had my Medical done in Baguio), yesterday (December 10)... she told me that i only have to repeat my sputum exam if my culture turns out to have a positive growth... is it possible that she is not yet updated regarding the new protocol? Im a bit confused and worried... hope all of this will end..

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ivan28 said:
Good day Ma'am... i would like to share my story... I have a scar in my upper right lobe of my lung but since i didn't have any treatment or history of tb before, i was told to undergo tb medication for 6 months... i already did my sputum exam at st. lukes last dec 1 2 and 3... the results of the afb are all negative and i am just waiting for the result of the culture which takes up to 2 months...Now, I am a bit worried because u said that your husband was asked to undergo sputum exam again eventhough the previous sputum exam of your husband were all negative. I really didn't like the experience of doing the sputum exam, I mean u have to wake up at around 3am in the morning because hundreds of people are already in line if u wont come early.. plus it makes me feel helpless and i pity myself why i am undergoing such procedure... I hope we dont have to undergo it again... but then again, I went to the pulmonologist accredited by Nationwide Baguio (I had my Medical done in Baguio), yesterday (December 10)... she told me that i only have to repeat my sputum exam if my culture turns out to have a positive growth... is it possible that she is not yet updated regarding the new protocol? Im a bit confused and worried... hope all of this will end..
Hi Ivan28,

Well they should be updated if it's an overall protocol of CIC, now it makes me wanna email CIC and verify the changes or it's the Phanel physician's descretion to order another sputum. Their explanation is once you were advised to do a medication then you need to undergo another sputum after 2 mos of medication. Well it's not only time consuming but it's so expensive to undergo this procedures that they are ordering but we have no choice but to follow.

Now my husband just finished the first day of his 3 days sputum collection and scheduled every 6:30AM in Makati. So around 8-9 weeks we will know the result. This will be aroun Feb 12 then few weeks after that he's done for his 6months medication which will end on March 4. Hope and pray that this will be the last... Stressful and financially nkaka drain din :)

Waiting Winni

Dec 11, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1204 NOC O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MPNP File on November 30, 2013 & CIC Received File on November 04, 2014
Nomination.....
September 22, 2014
AOR Received.
April 08, 2015
File Transfer...
File Transferred to NDVO on May 13, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
Upfront Medical on May 29, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 23, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
September 23, 2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully by November 17, 2015
Hello Friends

Quick suggestion require from you experience people here Please

I had Pulmonary Tuberculosis in 2010 and it was cured successfully that time only, we all know that spot in chest will confirm while I will be in medical and they will request me to go for further medical test such as smear and sputum for 3 consecutive days.

Is there any other way to avoid second / further medical request? If I will go for sputum test now at the Canada embassy approved hospital like Apollo Hospital in Ahmedabad as it will take 50 days long time to get final result and in mean while I will have my medical on hand which will submit with the same documents to the hospital to send them to canada embassy along with their requested medical test. do you guys feel it will work well or not

canadasm

Sep 20, 2014
FSW 2014 applicant from India.

same case like you . gone for medical on 18th dec.Hospital gave a call again to come for further test of my husband as there was complication found in my husband's x-ray. They refer us for sputum test (done on 25, 26, 27).Now waiting for results.this wait is very painful.I just want to ask you that have u got any mail from NDVO regarding the further test of sputum.As i have not got any mail for further test how would i come to know to the time limit set by NDVO to send the results of Sputum.Can we ask for the copy of the mail(further tests) which is received by hospital staff.

canvar

Dec 28, 2014
Hi All,

Requesting ur help on my scenario.

I am the primary applicant and have vision impairment (Lost vision in one eye due to congenital visual Problem) and have full vision in another eye (No impairments and congenital prob).

All these years i do not spend any money with respect to my condition as i feel normal with no medical need.

Will i fall in EDE?

Thank you all. And wish your answers will be useful like many of me..

Regards
Canvar

Waiting Winni

Dec 11, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1204 NOC O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MPNP File on November 30, 2013 & CIC Received File on November 04, 2014
Nomination.....
September 22, 2014
AOR Received.
April 08, 2015
File Transfer...
File Transferred to NDVO on May 13, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
Upfront Medical on May 29, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 23, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
September 23, 2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully by November 17, 2015
I had send an application package to CIC on 28th October 2014 and the same received by CIC on 4th November 2014. Just need to get quick update about AoR. Is there any people from the same time lien received their Acknowledgement of Letter from CIC or anything.

piyupatel2005

Dec 27, 2014
I m having the same problem. I had TB in the past but now its totally cured. But still, I dont know how long I will have to wait

chris5678

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
canvar said:
Hi All,

Requesting ur help on my scenario.

I am the primary applicant and have vision impairment (Lost vision in one eye due to congenital visual Problem) and have full vision in another eye (No impairments and congenital prob).

All these years i do not spend any money with respect to my condition as i feel normal with no medical need.

Will i fall in EDE?

Thank you all. And wish your answers will be useful like many of me..

Regards
Canvar

They may reject u ,, not sure budd,, good luck

piyupatel2005

Dec 27, 2014
canadafsw2015 said:
FSW 2014 applicant from India.

I had got my medicals done last week wherein there was a slight chest infection (cough patch) detected in my Chest X-ray. They uploaded my results and NDVO got back to me today and has asked me to do further additional tests to rule out TB.

I have to go 3 consecutive days to the DMP and give my spit samples, which will be incubated for 6-8 weeks.

After that I will have to get a repeat Chest X-ray done 3 months from today (February 2015)

All these results will be reviewed by a pulmonologist or respiratory physician in February 2015 to rule out TB.

So, in short, my PPR is delayed atleast until February 2015

Anyone else here who has faced the same issue???
*Blank* *Worried*
I'm also facing the same kind of problem. My medical examination was on 16th December and I am also advised to undergo these tests. How about you? Did you go for sputum/culture tests?

eceric01

Jun 20, 2007
Hello,

Good morning. We are sponsoring my Mother-in-Law and applied for a Supervisa. So far here is the timeline of her application

Sept 2014 - Online Application
Sept 2014 - Request for Medical
Sept 18, 2014 - Mother-in-law went to IOM for her first X-ray, Sputum culture and smear
Dec 22, 2014 - All sputum tests came back Negative. 1st Xray showed hazy infiltrates on right lobe that's why they requested another xray which showed the same result (no changes from the 1st Xray).
- Received a letter from CIC to have a 2nd opinion, so IOM referred Mother-In-Law to Dr Gregory Ocampo in Makati Med
Jan 7, 2015 - Went to see Dr Ocampo and said that she's cleared and didn't give her any medications. They will send the results to IOM on Jan 9, 2015 and Mother-in-law was requested to go to IOM on Jan 12, 2015 to see the initial doctor.

My Question is: For those who had experienced this before, once you're cleared from the 2nd doctor. Is it normal that they requested my mother-in-law to go back to IOM? Hopefully they'll just let her know that everything is OK and she's cleared from everything. If everything is OK, how long did you have to wait before they request for the passport and stamp the visa on it?

Thank you!!

Eric

charlielhaye

Jan 9, 2015
what will happen if the sputum test is negative? my kids are cleared for medical this wedneaday except for my xray the doctor says there is a apot on my xray. innubo kc ako nung nagpa medical kami. if the sputum test is abnormal or positive, does anyone know how much will it cost me for my medication and for how long? and ano pa ba mga ibang gagastusin? nabigla ako sa price ng sputum plus hepa b amd hepa c test pako this jan 27 28 29. thanks....

rn13

Jan 11, 2015
Good am. Just wanna clarify things. Someone wants to sponsor me so i can go to canada but i was diagnosed to have a minimal ptb last nov 2013. I already finished my treatment but i have this scar. May i know the process/steps on applying for visa? Do i still have a chancebto enter canada with this scar? Plss tell me to do. Ibreally wantbto go there but this scars stopping me.im afraid that mybapplication will bebrjected because of this
Thanks

chris5678

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
rn13 said:
Good am. Just wanna clarify things. Someone wants to sponsor me so i can go to canada but i was diagnosed to have a minimal ptb last nov 2013. I already finished my treatment but i have this scar. May i know the process/steps on applying for visa? Do i still have a chancebto enter canada with this scar? Plss tell me to do. Ibreally wantbto go there but this scars stopping me.im afraid that mybapplication will bebrjected because of this
Thanks
U just let them know u took medication ,, u ll be fine

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 24, 2014 (date of approved SINP)
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014, Sept. 23, 2014, Jan 26, 2015 ECAS Shows medical recd.; Sept. 10, CIC request Med. re-assessment, Sept. 18, done with med. re-assessment, but then again my eldest need to undergo sputum, repeat x-ray and med. clearance to pulmo on Dec. 18. Finally, medical was submitted to CIC last December 23, 2015.
Interview........
No more interview :) RPRF req. and paid - Feb. 6, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
Already landed... Inland applicant
A blessed day to all of us.

Just want to make an update regarding my medical furtherance. After the negative result of my sputum test, got my medical clearance from Dr. Ocampo of Makati Med, and transmitting my medical result by IOM to visa office last Sept. 23, 2014, IOM clinic called me this morning and asked me to submit my old x-ray taken in the year 2013. If not, i need to repeat my chest x-ray taken in IOM last july 9, 2014.

I thought it was already done after IOM sent my medical result and we will just wait for the final verdict...... I hope after this, whether positive or negative, the decision will be released asap. It's really hard to make major family decision while waiting for the outcome, especially for the kiddos who are going to enroll in college this school year 2015. We are hoping that the decision will come out before June.

Still praying and hoping for the best. God knows... :) ;) ;D :D