+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

Varmini

Apr 23, 2021
I did an upfront medical examination today and I informed the doctor that my mother who lives with me had PTB in 2013. Would this be a cause for concern in my application? Will I have to go through a sputum test and the subsequent X-rays?
Even i did the same.
Whay happened after that??

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Hello, is anyone has experienced same as my husband? my husband or anybody in his family has no past history of TB, even my husband's last year Medical was cleared and passed by IRCC. now again IRCC has requested to go for re medical as previous one passed 12 months. This time in Jan.2021 he went for his Medical and xray technician and assistant has asked my husband to come for is sputum test which was not requested by IRCC but they said there is little spot in his xray so IRCC always ask for the sputum test but my husband did not accept that time and have one more chest xray by his local doctor which xray did not show any spot, report was normal.
week after he received email from the IRCC to contact his panel physician for additional information which he end up to given his 3 days SPUTUM test. After 4 weeks my husband has received call from the Panel Physician to visit him as he told my husband that his SPUTUM test result they have ready for him.On his visit, Panel Physician has explained to my husband about his sputum test was positive and he is referring to visit local government health provider where he can start DOTS treatments. even he has none of the symptoms. He is perfectly healthy.Everyday He is walking 1 hour power walk and everything is normal.His last year Medical was cleared

Yesterday, my Husband has visited Government health provider who is dealing with the TB patients, he has seen referral note which his Panel Physician has given and this Government Health provider asked my husband that why you need to take this TB Medicine? he has no symptoms also he checked his local doctor's xray report and he said its all about making money now days. Yesterday, again we received email from IRCC to visit his Panel Physician which he called to see him but from Max hospital coordinator who is dealing with all IRCC Medical he told my husband that just ignored the IRCC email, he will keep receiving this email form IRCC only they will book an appointment after 2 months?
Now, I really need somebody help what should we do? can we inform this to IRCC? Can my husband see another Panel Physician?This is so frustrating. Please share your experience or suggestions. Thank you
Hi any update on your status? Your case is somewhat frustrating.

vanderdjiang

Apr 15, 2021
Hello,

Just to share my timeline and see if someone has experienced the same:

My timeline (I, spouse, and 3 children all below 14 yo) and assisted by one of immigration consultants in Canada:
- Sep 11, 2020: Job Advertisement started.
- Dec 4, 2020: LMIA Submitted: (LMIA Processing Time for PR Stream by December 2020 was 22 working days).
- Jan 20, 2021: LMIA Positive Result received.
- Feb 18, 2021: Work Permit (including Spouse Open Work Permit) and 3x Study Permits submitted. (Working Visa Processing Time from Indonesia was 8 weeks).
- Feb 19, 2021: Biometric Invitation Letter (BIL) received.
- Feb 23, 2021: Medical Check Up and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) Requested by IRCC.
- Feb 25, 2021: Biometrics submitted via VFS Office.
- Mar 1, 2021: PCC submitted.
- Mar 3, 2021: Medical Check Up submitted (Medical Check up for 5 family members).
- Mar 10, 2021: Additional Medical Check Up Requested by IRCC. This was a request only for my Spouse to give sputum culture sample
- Apr 26, 2021: Got a phone call from Embassy asking for my spouse Medical Exam and I sent a written response describing the current situation.
- May 3, 2021: Additional Medical Check Up done/ submitted: (as Sputum result can only be seen after 8 weeks from Mar 3, 2021)
- May 10, 2021: Received a letter from London RMO to take another medical exam.
- May 11, 2021: Got an info from our PP, that my spouse needed to have another X-Ray after June 1, 2021 and take GenExpert Test only for my spouse.
- May, 12. 2021: While waiting, my spouse, by her own, took Thorax CT-Scan and GenExpert on other hospital by a Pulmonologists. Both results were negative. Yet, Pulmonologist testified that no TB disease.
- May 13, 2021: Sent an updated email to Embassy and uploading the two results. We did hope they were eager to look at and judge the results without necessarily waiting for June 2nd's X-Ray Test.

Currently, I am requesting our PP to report those results to E-Medical even though the two tests were not done at his hospital.
At the moment, he does not give any response yet.

Is it ok to ask that kind of request?
Will the RMO only look at the result from E-Medical?

Perhaps anyone could share their experience.
Or @legalfalcon could also put a comment or advise.

Thank you and have a great weekend.

Reactions: Mtille

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Hello,

My timeline (I, spouse, and 3 children all below 14 yo) and assisted by one of immigration consultants in Canada:
- Dec 4, 2020: LMIA Submitted: (LMIA Processing Time for PR Stream by December 2020 was 22 working days).
- Feb 18, 2021: Work Permit (including Spouse Open Work Permit) and 3x Study Permits submitted. (Working Visa Processing Time from Indonesia was 8 weeks).
- Feb 23, 2021: Medical Check Up and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) Requested by IRCC.
- Mar 3, 2021: Medical Check Up submitted (Medical Check up for 5 family members).
- Mar 10, 2021: Additional Medical Check Up Requested by IRCC. This was a request only for my Spouse to give sputum culture sample
- Apr 26, 2021: Got a phone call from Embassy asking for my spouse Medical Exam and I sent a written response describing the current situation.
- May 3, 2021: Additional Medical Check Up done/ submitted: (as Sputum result can only be seen after 8 weeks from Mar 3, 2021)
- May 11, 2021: Got an info from our PP, that my spouse needed to have another X-Ray after June 1, 2021 and take GenExpert Test only for my spouse.
- May, 12. 2021: While waiting, my spouse, by her own, took Thorax CT-Scan and GenExpert on other hospital by a Pulmonologists. Both results were negative. Yet, Pulmonologist testified that no TB disease.
- May 13, 2021: Sent an updated email to Embassy and uploading the two results. We did hope they were eager to look at and judge the results without necessarily waiting for June 2nd's X-Ray Test.

Currently, I am requesting our PP to report those results to E-Medical even though the two tests were not done at his hospital.

Hi i am on the same situation and been through the sputum test process and right now i am waiting for my 2nd xray scheduled on the 18th of June.
Regarding your question if the embassy will accept the result from your pulmonologist i think its unlikely as i also asked this question from my clinic and they said we can do that in case we want a second opinion but IRCC will not accept any result if its not taken on their designated Clinic. I also think there is no chance your spouse will be exempted to take the 2nd xray as its a mandatory procedure.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello,

IRCC will only rely on the tests done by the panel physician and not at any other hospital. It is IRCC that makes the determination and not the PP. They only upload the reports as requested by IRCC.

vanderdjiang

Apr 15, 2021
Hi i am on the same situation and been through the sputum test process and right now i am waiting for my 2nd xray scheduled on the 18th of June.
Regarding your question if the embassy will accept the result from your pulmonologist i think its unlikely as i also asked this question from my clinic and they said we can do that in case we want a second opinion but IRCC will not accept any result if its not taken on their designated Clinic. I also think there is no chance your spouse will be exempted to take the 2nd xray as its a mandatory procedure.
Thanks for the info.
For the X-ray, my wife has gone for total 4 times (each two times in a row) as follow:
1. Two times X-Ray (Front and Back) on the first Medical Exam on Mar 3, 2021
2. Two times X-Ray (Front and Back) after the Sputum Culture Test was completely done on May 3, 2021
Now, she is scheduled for another Front or PA (Postero-Anterior) Chest X-Ray on June 2, 2021.

I think if I'm not mistaken, I ran across in this forum that someone was scheduled to get a Sputum Culture Test that would delay his study as this kind of test needs 60 days to get result. Then he submitted his old X-Ray Chest through his PP and he did not need to go through this Sputum Culture Test.
Let me search again his post on this.

At any rate, I don't mind to follow as this is the procedure. Just my curiosity.

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Thanks for the info.
For the X-ray, my wife has gone for total 4 times (each two times in a row) as follow:
1. Two times X-Ray (Front and Back) on the first Medical Exam on Mar 3, 2021
2. Two times X-Ray (Front and Back) after the Sputum Culture Test was completely done on May 3, 2021
Now, she is scheduled for another Front or PA (Postero-Anterior) Chest X-Ray on June 2, 2021.

I think if I'm not mistaken, I ran across in this forum that someone was scheduled to get a Sputum Culture Test that would delay his study as this kind of test needs 60 days to get result. Then he submitted his old X-Ray Chest through his PP and he did not need to go through this Sputum Culture Test.
Let me search again his post on this.

At any rate, I don't mind to follow as this is the procedure. Just my curiosity.
Why there are so many xrays taken? I did only one chest xray and the next one will be on the 18th June. If you won’t mind can you please share the reason why your wife need to take additional test? Mine is because of small scarring/spot seen on my xray. And yeah sputum result takes time to culture the reason why there will be some delay on passing the medical.

Regarding the student you are referring maybe she/he was cleared before and the medical records are still valid so taking another sputum test was no longer necessary.

vanderdjiang

Apr 15, 2021
Why there are so many xrays taken? I did only one chest xray and the next one will be on the 18th June. If you won’t mind can you please share the reason why your wife need to take additional test? Mine is because of small scarring/spot seen on my xray. And yeah sputum result takes time to culture the reason why there will be some delay on passing the medical.

Regarding the student you are referring maybe she/he was cleared before and the medical records are still valid so taking another sputum test was no longer necessary.
I really don't know the reason behind in a clear way to be honest.
I tried to look at the algorithm they do on Medical Exam especially on TB.
Here is the link that you might want to explore further:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/panel-members-guide.html#int6
You may skip to Appendix IV: List of immigration medical examination technical instructions under Tuberculosis.

One thing for sure is my wife never ever got any TB even in the past. The PP just said, from the X-Ray image there is a small scar that he was pretty sure the Manila RMO will ask for Sputum Culture Test even my PP said, no TB or inactive TB.
More over, my PP said, this kind of situation often happened and majority of the cases ended up with Medical Passed.
Well, I know Canada gov is very strict on TB especially from a country that still in red zone of TB such as Indonesia.

By the way, I found the post of thread from someone that I mentioned back in 2012. His nickname is @achuma.
I think he's no longer active in this forum but you can still see the thread under subject: "Will I be rejected because of this medical test! X-Ray!" post #11:

"First Exam: May 24, sent out June 4th to Regional Health Office
Second Exam: Lordotic X-ray and CT scan: July 13, sent to Regional Health Office 19, July
Required Smear and Sputum test: August 13th: After receiving this news, i forwarded them my medical report a year ago which stated I didn't have active TB that time (using email only). Immediately after 1h, they announced my medical clearance (stable X-Ray), and agreed to issue visa (still i have to make follow-up when arriving Canada later).
So if you guys have any results in the past, just bring to the DMP in advance, so they can compare, dont make it late like my case.
"

It was back in 2012 and the situation might have changed now.

Greetings from Indonesia, @Mtille :)

Mtille

May 28, 2020
I really don't know the reason behind in a clear way to be honest.
I tried to look at the algorithm they do on Medical Exam especially on TB.
Here is the link that you might want to explore further:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/panel-members-guide.html#int6
You may skip to Appendix IV: List of immigration medical examination technical instructions under Tuberculosis.

One thing for sure is my wife never ever got any TB even in the past. The PP just said, from the X-Ray image there is a small scar that he was pretty sure the Manila RMO will ask for Sputum Culture Test even my PP said, no TB or inactive TB.
More over, my PP said, this kind of situation often happened and majority of the cases ended up with Medical Passed.
Well, I know Canada gov is very strict on TB especially from a country that still in red zone of TB such as Indonesia.

By the way, I found the post of thread from someone that I mentioned back in 2012. His nickname is @achuma.
I think he's no longer active in this forum but you can still see the thread under subject: "Will I be rejected because of this medical test! X-Ray!" post #11:

"First Exam: May 24, sent out June 4th to Regional Health Office
Second Exam: Lordotic X-ray and CT scan: July 13, sent to Regional Health Office 19, July
Required Smear and Sputum test: August 13th: After receiving this news, i forwarded them my medical report a year ago which stated I didn't have active TB that time (using email only). Immediately after 1h, they announced my medical clearance (stable X-Ray), and agreed to issue visa (still i have to make follow-up when arriving Canada later).
So if you guys have any results in the past, just bring to the DMP in advance, so they can compare, dont make it late like my case.
"

It was back in 2012 and the situation might have changed now.

Greetings from Indonesia, @Mtille :)
Yes that’s what i am thinking as well this is way back 2012 i am quite sure they are not that strict before compare these days.
Read many forums too mostly their advice is to relax and don’t stress much especially if you’re not experiencing any symptoms. I hope we will passed our medicals soon because to be honest this is really nerve wracking i can’t focus these past few weeks.

By the way i will be taking my 3 kids to Canada as well together with my hubby. All of them passed their medical i am the only one left. Praying that soon this will be over and we can all land successfully in

vanderdjiang

Apr 15, 2021
Yes that’s what i am thinking as well this is way back 2012 i am quite sure they are not that strict before compare these days.
Read many forums too mostly their advice is to relax and don’t stress much especially if you’re not experiencing any symptoms. I hope we will passed our medicals soon because to be honest this is really nerve wracking i can’t focus these past few weeks.

By the way i will be taking my 3 kids to Canada as well together with my hubby. All of them passed their medical i am the only one left. Praying that soon this will be over and we can all land successfully in

Yup.
All the best for all of us.
Just don't get too much stress nowadays.
The pandemic already given us more stress though :)

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
Hi any update on your status? Your case is somewhat frustrating.
GCMS note shows Medical On going, rest all passed. Regardless to have 6 months medication and few times chest xrays and have to wait till 6 months from the 1st xray taken which was in January. Unfortunately to keep our patience and faith.

sdsjolly

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
NEW DELHI
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am about to fill my application for immigration in a months time.Now the issue is that my wife is diagnosed with pleural effusion TB.Although she is taking medicines from last 5 months and her course for 6 months will be completed in one month.She has no symptoms and her latest sputam culture test is also negative although xray does show scar which I know will be there for life time.Now my query is ,in Schedule 1 Backgroud Declaration Form under serial number 9 we have to mention if the principal application or any family member have any serious disease physical/mental disorder...should I fill it yes and give the details or no.
Thanks in advance

maria61816

Star Member
Mar 28, 2021
hi.. can you share your timeline on when you underwent sputum test and when did you receive your result. Ive heard somewhere that if you are tested positive, you will receive the result earlier than 2 months.

I am currently waiting for my sputum result, its been 9 weeks now..

thank you!!