+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Public school from elem through high school in Canada

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
Your info is really informative. Thank you :)
I have two daughters, they are 11 and 7 (5th and 1st grade). These are the followig questions that my oldest daugther concern about when we move to Canada.

Hi Karen! This is Nittha, Andy's daughter. I'm soon going to be in 6th grade. I was wondering, are the grades there the same? I mean is it like in elementery it is 1-5th grades, middle schools 6-8th grades, etc.
Is it fench difficult to learn? How are the kids speaks in school? Do they use english or french?

KarenT

May 11, 2006
Peterborough, Ontario
Hi Nittha

My daughter Kenzie is in Grade 5 and she says the French isn't very difficult and shes catching on quite quickly. The school Kenzie and Jemma go to is an elementary school but includes grades 7 and 8 on the same site. Other elementary schools only go to grade 6 and then the students go to Middle school for grades 7 and 8. So it is very similar to the US, but depends on the school you go to.

The kids speak english in school. The french teacher uses french words as well as english in her class.

Jemma and Kenzie were a bit worried about coming to Canada but have found that its not very different and they have settled in quickly.
Hope this helps.

Karen

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
KarenT said:
Hi Nittha

My daughter Kenzie is in Grade 5 and she says the French isn't very difficult and shes catching on quite quickly. The school Kenzie and Jemma go to is an elementary school but includes grades 7 and 8 on the same site. Other elementary schools only go to grade 6 and then the students go to Middle school for grades 7 and 8. So it is very similar to the US, but depends on the school you go to.

The kids speak english in school. The french teacher uses french words as well as english in her class.

Jemma and Kenzie were a bit worried about coming to Canada but have found that its not very different and they have settled in quickly.
Hope this helps.

Karen

Thank you so much Karen. It is very useful they are happy now. :)
Have a great day.

Andy