File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Did anyone with an expired status apply today??
If yes, can we work after applying? Or we need to wait for approval? Thanks
You need to wait for the PGWP to be approved in order to start working. Otherwise the information on the IRCC website would specifically indicate that you are authorized to work as soon as the application is submitted but before it's approved. It does not say that. This means you have to wait.

Ryne26

Jan 27, 2021
Hello all,

When i try to apply online under this new policy and put the dates of when my status has expired it is giving me the following error:
Your status in Canada expired over 90 days ago.
You cannot apply for restoration of status and are no longer allowed to stay in Canada.

Anyone has any idea?

@scylla

Pateljp

Nov 11, 2020
Hello everyone, As of today the new Public policy for extension of pgwp is now available to apply. My pgwp expired on September 2020 and currently in the process of restoring my status as visitor. Since I am eligible for Public policy for extension of pgwp, when I am putting the date of my expired pgwp in the system to apply this application, it's not acceptable and shows that's you can not apply as you have exceeded the 90days period. So I am very confused now that how should I apply for this application. I did put my date when I applied for visitor status application and it worked.
But my question is that I am suppose to put the date when my pgwp expired and it did not let me proceed to apply this application?
Hey Priya
I have a same situation.My PGWP expired on July 2020. I also have applied for Visitor Visa to restore my status and it’s under process. So my questions are
1)If we apply for open work permit our visitor visa application will withdraw automatically?
2)do we get refund of visa application fees?
3)I had one one year PGWP so Am I eligible to get 18 months open WP extension?

Ryne26

Jan 27, 2021
Hello all,

When i try to apply online under this new policy and put the dates of when my status has expired it is giving me the following error:
Your status in Canada expired over 90 days ago.
You cannot apply for restoration of status and are no longer allowed to stay in Canada.

Anyone has any idea? Status expired in September 2020.
Anyone? Any information?

I just want to add my 2 cents. What if, we bypass the questionnaire by putting a date in the 90 days window and generate the OWP application with supporting documents and attach an explanation letter stating we are applying for PGWP under new public policy. I feel this should suffice too.

To my knowledge, date we have entered in questionnaire has nothing do with our application submission.

let me know if I am wrong here

Last edited:

alex.g

Jan 28, 2021
Anyone? Any information?

I just want to add my 2 cents. What if, we bypass the questionnaire by putting a date in the 90 days window and generate the OWP application with supporting documents and attach an explanation letter stating we are applying for PGWP under new public policy. I feel this should suffice too.

To my knowledge, date we have entered in questionnaire has nothing do with our application submission.

let me know if I am wrong here
Hi,
Please check the link below if your permit expired more than 90 days ago.
I cant say the questionnaires are irrelavant to the actual application but you can manipulate with the date and move to the next question.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/restoration-extension-trv.html#more

Reactions: Ryne26
Jan 3, 2020
Does bridging open work permit qualifies for this public policy work permit extension? If you have bridging open work permit that expires soon do I qualify under the new public policy?

Jan 3, 2020

Please can you explain why? The requirement said if you have an expiring work permit or visitor permit or any other permit.
This is what it says on the IRCC website -
"You either have a temporary resident status (this could be from having a valid PGWP, visitor record, or another permit that allows you to stay in Canada"

Ryne26

Jan 27, 2021
Please can you explain why? The requirement said if you have an expiring work permit or visitor permit or any other permit.
This is what it says on the IRCC website -
"You either have a temporary resident status (this could be from having a valid PGWP, visitor record, or another permit that allows you to stay in Canada"
Are you satisfying the first condition?

1. Your post-graduation work permit (PGWP)
    1. expired on or after January 30, 2020, or
    2. will expire within 4 months from the date you apply for this open work permit.

Jan 3, 2020
Are you satisfying the first condition?

1. Your post-graduation work permit (PGWP)
    1. expired on or after January 30, 2020, or
    2. will expire within 4 months from the date you apply for this open work permit.
The bridging open work permit expires on August 15