Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
I am an inland applicant (Feb 05) with my son as a dependant (outland). He had to retake his medical as London CIC didn't look at his file and it expired. CIC London assured the minister provided they received all the information requested (including new police checks as they lost his original) we would land within 8-12 weeks.

He submitted all the paperwork in October and had his medical in March (they neglected to send the medical forms to him until the end of January).

This morning he has received a letter from immigration requiring him to have a psychiatric evaluation to assess the " aetiology / diagnosis / treatment and prognosis" for Cannibis use. It states "excludes risk of substance misuse"

He used to "smoke" and admitted it during his medical against the advice of the doctor; he admitted to it as he had a past conviction ( deemed rehabilitated ) and did not want to lie.

I know that he cannot be refused PR on the grounds of excessive demand however, I think they may be trying to refuse him on "public safety" .

Has anyone had this assessment? What does it entail? Is there a right or wrong way to answer questions? Is the Axis V Global Assessment of Functioning score used to determine his eligility for PR?

I am so frustrated. 4 years of jumping through hoops and now this.

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
Can anyone offer any assistance or advice ?

Please and thank you :)

Paddyboy

May 17, 2009
Siouxie

My conjugal partner and I handed in the applications in May '07. She was approved as a sponsor quickly enough and the file was sent to London in June '07. I also had to apply for Criminal Rehabilitation as I was convicted of Assault With intent to Cause Bodily Harm in 1996.
Received a 3 month suspended sentence & $1000.00 fine.
In Jan 2008 we had the application denied because as the Immigration Officer put it "I am not satisfied you have been in a conjugal relationship with your partner for a period of at least one year" even though we had supplied copies of air-tickets to and from Canada for her and daughter and me, joint bank account, photos, print-outs of phone calls (often between 1-2 hrs), credit card statements proving I had contributed to the payments of these bills, monies sent via Western Union, hotel bills etc etc. Also supplied was a Transcript of the Trial, Appeal (denied), sentence and payment of fine.

We decided to appeal this and had to wait for 10 months for an ADR hearing in Toronto (Which we won) proving the relationship. A couple of months before that I had emailed the High Commission asking what happened to the Criminal Rehab part of the application and the $200.00 bank draft that accompanied it?
The reply we go was "We have no record of it at this office" and "If you wish submit a new appliction please do so with the appropiate fees".
Even though they were in the same envelope and they continually reffered to the conviction and my freely admitting it in their CAIPS Notes.

Anyway we determined they received the file back in November '08 and it took until 5th Jan '09 for them to write stating they wanted me to send
1) Updated back-round declaration
2) Updated Additional Family Information
3) New Application for Permanent Residence
4) Copy of my passport/Visa for the country where I resided
5) Police Clearance Certificates for ever country I lived in for more than 6 months since I was 18.
6) Any additional info to support my (new) Rehab application.

After an additional 7 months and jerking around doing nothing last week they have determined they are not in a position to deem me rehabilitated and have simply sent it to Ottawa (and a possible extra $800.00 payment) for them to deal with.

I have asked them when was this sent (no reply).

All I can say is be truthful. You don't want it to come back to bit you.
But I will say the London office as far as I'm concerned is full of wasters, they are the the most unhelpful lot and from what I've read elsewhere you won't get an ounce of advice/help off them.