Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2017
LANDED..........
12-05-2017
Posting this to hopefully help others from ending up in this situation.

I sent my FS package on January 27th via Singapore Post's registered mail, with tracking and signature required.

On February 2nd, SingPost tracking reports that my package arrived in Canada ("Arrival at Destination Post")

From here, it's been handed off to Canada post and/or Customs.

With almost any other regional courier, you would be able to continue tracking your international parcel using the tracking number. As of August 2015, Canada Post no longer allows this. Instead, when you enter your tracking # on their website you'll see this:

We were not able to find any results
There is no information available for this international item. Tracking by Canada Post is not a feature for this product.
Press release from SingPost confirming:

http://www.singpost.com/media-centre/service-announcement.html

28 August 2015

Canada – Registered Article

Canada Post has advised that it will not provide Registered Article status on its website http://www.canadapost.ca with immediate effect. Hence, tracking information is only available up to "Arrival at Destination Post" on SingPost website.

As Registered Article service is a Sign-For Service, online tracking is available for selected destinations only.

Customers in Singapore can raise enquiry with SingPost if the addressee confirms non-receipt of the Registered Article after 18 working days from posting. SingPost will check with the Destination Post on the status of the item, and under the international postal agreement, the Destination Post may take up to 60 days to reply to SingPost.

For urgent and important shipments, senders are encouraged to use SpeedPost Express or Priority service as it provides detailed online tracking information.

http://www.postnl.com/help-support/delivery-status/international-service-alerts/

So now, my package is either a) stuck in customs b) still with Canada Post, c) with CIC and they have not processed it yet, or - the nightmare scenario - d) lost. Whichever it is, there is no way I can confirm this. SingPost has opened an inquiry with Canada Post, but this can take up to 60 days. All I can do is wait.

Do yourself a favour: do NOT use your regional courier to send your package. If it ends up in Canada Posts hands, you will NOT be able to track it. Use an international courier like DHL, UPS, FedEx, etc. so you don't have to what I'm going through. The application process is stressful enough waiting for CIC - dealing with Canada Post makes it unbearable. :mad:

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Odd, Royal Mail and USPS still work with Canada Post tracking, I've ordered stuff with those carriers in the last few weeks.

singviet

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-04-2016, AOR2: 24-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2015, Re-medical: 5-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2017
LANDED..........
12-05-2017
Aquakitty said:
Odd, Royal Mail and USPS still work with Canada Post tracking, I've ordered stuff with those carriers in the last few weeks.
Were the packages sent as Registered Mail and requiring signature proof of delivery? If so, that is odd. I saw on another discussion forum Canada Post even mentions it on their Facebook page: http://i.imgur.com/Kojar7X.png

Canada Post decided to stop providing tracking information for international Registered Mail items coming into Canada. This affects anything with a 13-digit tracking number starting with "R", from any country (eg RR123456785CN)

jdCanadian

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Posting this to hopefully help others from ending up in this situation.

I sent my FS package on January 27th via Singapore Post's registered mail, with tracking and signature required.

On February 2nd, SingPost tracking reports that my package arrived in Canada ("Arrival at Destination Post")

From here, it's been handed off to Canada post and/or Customs.

With almost any other regional courier, you would be able to continue tracking your international parcel using the tracking number. As of August 2015, Canada Post no longer allows this. Instead, when you enter your tracking # on their website you'll see this:

Press release from SingPost confirming:

So now, my package is either a) stuck in customs b) still with Canada Post, c) with CIC and they have not processed it yet, or - the nightmare scenario - d) lost. Whichever it is, there is no way I can confirm this. SingPost has opened an inquiry with Canada Post, but this can take up to 60 days. All I can do is wait.

Do yourself a favour: do NOT use your regional courier to send your package. If it ends up in Canada Posts hands, you will NOT be able to track it. Use an international courier like DHL, UPS, FedEx, etc. so you don't have to what I'm going through. The application process is stressful enough waiting for CIC - dealing with Canada Post makes it unbearable. :mad:
Hi, wish we'd seen this before sending it via registered mail :/ Did your mail reach CIC or did you have to resend your application? If former, any idea when it reached? Thanks