+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

#Prtd

Ahmedshahzeb1

Jun 13, 2021
I am applying for PRTD. I have 2 questions. In the application they are asking if I have been issued a PRTD or travel document before. I have never received a PRTD before but have received study permit, work permit, immigrant visa. So my first question is are study permit, work visa, and immigrant visa considred as travel documents? My second question is about US visa. I was issued US visa in 2016 and I visited US in 2016 but the visa stamp is no longer in my passport. Should I mention this as it has more than 5 years that I received US visa and traveled there. Thank you.

muggle

Nov 8, 2022
I am applying for PRTD. I have 2 questions. In the application they are asking if I have been issued a PRTD or travel document before. I have never received a PRTD before but have received study permit, work permit, immigrant visa. So my first question is are study permit, work visa, and immigrant visa considred as travel documents? My second question is about US visa. I was issued US visa in 2016 and I visited US in 2016 but the visa stamp is no longer in my passport. Should I mention this as it has more than 5 years that I received US visa and traveled there. Thank you.
Hi. Did you submit your application online? Any progress on it?
Incase youre still looking for answers, I'm sorry I don't have an answer for your first question but for the second one: as long as it's been more than 5 years it should be safe not to add it.

Reactions: Ahmedshahzeb1

Ahmedshahzeb1

Jun 13, 2021
I applied through permenant residency online portal on October 18th. I applied non urgent. Received passport request on October 24th. Went to VFS and received my passport on October 31st.

Reactions: muggle

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hi, the examples that you mentioned - study permit, work visa, and immigrant visa - these are not travel documents.

Permits and visas identify compliance with lawful immigration requirements and are usually attached to a travel document. A travel document is usually a passport but there are other, rarer examples that you can Google.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
The question is about Refugee Travel Document that is used in place of a passport for protected persons. If you have never applied RTD nor PRTD, then the asnwer is NO.

Reactions: dpenabill

kum123

May 13, 2021
I applied through permenant residency online portal on October 18th. I applied non urgent. Received passport request on October 24th. Went to VFS and received my passport on October 31st.
Hi,
Did you apply from within Canada or outside Canada for PRTD ? Did you submit your passport from within Canada ?

Thanks!!

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Hi. Did you submit your application online? Any progress on it?
Incase youre still looking for answers, I'm sorry I don't have an answer for your first question but for the second one: as long as it's been more than 5 years it should be safe not to add it.
For PRTD application outside Canada, if you visited some country as a tourist for 5-6 days . do we need to mention this in the address history in last 5 years.....

Ahmedshahzeb1

Jun 13, 2021
For PRTD application outside Canada, if you visited some country as a tourist for 5-6 days . do we need to mention this in the address history in last 5 years.....
You have to mention adress history since you became PR. I would suggest to let them know all addresses since you became PR.

MWH

May 12, 2018
Hello,
I applied for PRTD from Pakistan through PR Portal on November 12th, but no response after that? is anyone in the same boat? Where to follow up?

Ahmedshahzeb1

Jun 13, 2021
Hello. Did you apply urgent or non urgent? Are you in compliance with residency requirement? I received my PRTD passport request within 5 days. I applied non urgent and was in compliance with residency requirement.

MWH

May 12, 2018
Hello. Did you apply urgent or non urgent? Are you in compliance with residency requirement? I received my PRTD passport request within 5 days. I applied non urgent and was in compliance with residency requirement.
I applied for an urgent one. Yes I have completed the residency requirement.

Ahmedshahzeb1

Jun 13, 2021
According to IRCC they cannot guarantee urgent processing. But hopefully you will receive passport request within 2 to 3 weeks. If you don't you can follow up by raising a webform and let them know your situation.