+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

Aathmaaji

Apr 19, 2022
If, as @scylla observed, you can travel via the U.S., you would not need a PR TD.

If you have friends or family, perhaps even your employer (depending on your relationship) in Canada who can connect with the MP for where you live in Canada, on your behalf, that might help get expedited processing.

I assume the answer to the question posed by @armoured is yes, you are in compliance with the Residency Obligation. It is a key question since otherwise, unless you can travel via the U.S., it not only would be difficult to get expedited processing, that could mean a much longer processing time, and of course if not in RO compliance there is a risk the application will be denied, a decision terminating PR status (subject to appeal).

I offer apologies on behalf of the forum for a post that appears to be intentionally rude:

Why should a Canadian be compelled to work in another country, country of their nationality or otherwise? How is that in any way a genuine response to the query, a sincere contribution to the discussion?

Loss of employment is a big deal, even for Canadians, even for Canadians who have status to live and work in other countries.

Your response comes across as deliberately rude. I hope that is not your intention. I particularly hope it does not derive from animosity (hatred) toward particular groups of people.
Thank you so much for the support

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What about our mortgage, we have to pay the rent , mortgage for car , insurance etc..
Why do you pay both rent and mortgage? Is it because your mortgaged property (assume your home) is a leasehold (not a freehold)?

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
@Aathmaaji You and your spouse should also communicate with your respective employers so that they know you are having issues getting back in time. Have they said you would lose jobs if you didn’t return by certain date or is that just when you are expected to return? Either way, communicating issues now would be wise.

Reactions: YVR123

Cool Canada

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/22/2014 according to ECAS 10/22/14
Nomination.....
DD 11/12/14
AOR Received.
PER 7/01/15.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
03/02/2015 PROCESSING STARTED 08/04/2015
Med's Request
27/04/2015
Med's Done....
9/05/2015 TLU 15/05/2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
20/07/2015 Submitted to ADVO 22/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
17/7/2015 (as per stamped visa) Valid till 10/5/2016 Passports recv. 13/08/2015
LANDED..........
will be in APRIL2016
A quick question. My mom is in india and she applied for prtd from india. Is it possible to get prtd from india and tracel to US first and than enter Canada from US via air with the PRTD from India

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
A quick question. My mom is in india and she applied for prtd from india. Is it possible to get prtd from india and tracel to US first and than enter Canada from US via air with the PRTD from India
If your mother has PRTD, she can fly to Canada from any place with a flight - as long as she can get into that country or airline/airport regulatons permit.

(Put differently - no-one can tell you about the USA part, that's up to you. She can board a flight to Canada)