+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

Aathmaaji

Apr 19, 2022
Hai all, we came to India for a medical emergency , and applied for PRTD on march 5th to travel back, but we didn’t received any response yet now we are in a critical situation, does anybody know about the processing time of the same and please help us

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
Hai all, we came to India for a medical emergency , and applied for PRTD on march 5th to travel back, but we didn’t received any response yet now we are in a critical situation, does anybody know about the processing time of the same and please help us
What is the critical situation you are in?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Were you / are you compliant with the residency obligation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Processing times are around 60 days.

Any chance you have a valid US visa? If so, you can fly to the US and then re-enter Canada through a land border crossing.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
If, as @scylla observed, you can travel via the U.S., you would not need a PR TD.

If you have friends or family, perhaps even your employer (depending on your relationship) in Canada who can connect with the MP for where you live in Canada, on your behalf, that might help get expedited processing.

I assume the answer to the question posed by @armoured is yes, you are in compliance with the Residency Obligation. It is a key question since otherwise, unless you can travel via the U.S., it not only would be difficult to get expedited processing, that could mean a much longer processing time, and of course if not in RO compliance there is a risk the application will be denied, a decision terminating PR status (subject to appeal).

I offer apologies on behalf of the forum for a post that appears to be intentionally rude:

It's not the end of the world. Get one in your home country.
Why should a Canadian be compelled to work in another country, country of their nationality or otherwise? How is that in any way a genuine response to the query, a sincere contribution to the discussion?

Loss of employment is a big deal, even for Canadians, even for Canadians who have status to live and work in other countries.

Your response comes across as deliberately rude. I hope that is not your intention. I particularly hope it does not derive from animosity (hatred) toward particular groups of people.

Reactions: armoured

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I offer apologies on behalf of the forum for a post that appears to be intentionally rude:

Why should a Canadian be compelled to work in another country, country of their nationality or otherwise? How is that in any way a genuine response to the query, a sincere contribution to the discussion?

Loss of employment is a big deal, even for Canadians, even for Canadians who have status to live and work in other countries.

Your response comes across as deliberately rude. I hope that is not your intention. I particularly hope it does not derive from animosity (hatred) toward particular groups of people.
Loss of employment is no big deal. If someone want to work, he or she would find work. If someone don't want to work, he or she don't need to work. On the other hand, what you wrote was deliberately senseless. I hope that is not your intention. I particularly hope it does not derive from animosity (hatred) toward particular groups of people.

Aathmaaji

Apr 19, 2022
If, as @scylla observed, you can travel via the U.S., you would not need a PR TD.

If you have friends or family, perhaps even your employer (depending on your relationship) in Canada who can connect with the MP for where you live in Canada, on your behalf, that might help get expedited processing.

I assume the answer to the question posed by @armoured is yes, you are in compliance with the Residency Obligation. It is a key question since otherwise, unless you can travel via the U.S., it not only would be difficult to get expedited processing, that could mean a much longer processing time, and of course if not in RO compliance there is a risk the application will be denied, a decision terminating PR status (subject to appeal).

Thank you so much sir.