+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

SHIVSHAZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Has any one recently applied for PRTD ?
My PR card will expire on Aug 16?
I recently applied for Travel Document by email on 29th July 2021 . Does anyone have any idea regarding the processing time?
Please advice.

shreddy

Jun 27, 2016
I recently applied for Travel Document by email on 29th July 2021 . Does anyone have any idea regarding the processing time?
Please advice.
Hi,

what is the status of your application. I am asking this because can we apply for PRTD before the expiry of PR card as my PR card is expiring on September 6th, can I apply now for PRTD or do I have to wait until September 6th?

SHIVSHAZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Yes, you can. I applied on 29th July and got request for Passport a week later. I waited for 5 - 6 days before I filled the VFS webform. Idea was to make sure IRCC gets my passport for stamping after August 16th (when my PR expires).

shreddy

Jun 27, 2016
Yes, you can. I applied on 29th July and got request for Passport a week later. I waited for 5 - 6 days before I filled the VFS webform. Idea was to make sure IRCC gets my passport for stamping after August 16th (when my PR expires).
Thanks for the reply, did you submit photo affixed to the application form or separately attached in the email

I hope these are the docs, please confim:

Attachments ::
IMM5524(checklist) , imm5627(scanned after filled up and signed) , payment receipt , photo(affixed to application form or separate attachment to email), passport all pages which have info , pay stubs- last 5 years, Employment letter , Notice of assessment (last 5 yrs)

Please let me know if need air ticket also as I don't have any currently booked, did you attach air ticket too?

SHIVSHAZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
We affixed photo to the application, scanned and sent. Also to be on safe side we attached a soft copy of the photo in the list of attachments.
No, we haven't attached air ticket. But we did mention our intended day of travel, if restrictions open up.

Reactions: shreddy

shreddy

Jun 27, 2016
We affixed photo to the application, scanned and sent. Also to be on safe side we attached a soft copy of the photo in the list of attachments.
No, we haven't attached air ticket. But we did mention our intended day of travel, if restrictions open up.
Thanks for your reply

shreddy

Jun 27, 2016
Hi

did you attach passport whole copy or just front and back pages?

shreddy

Jun 27, 2016
All pages. They explicitly mention all the pages (including blank pages)
Thanks for the info, I sent today and I have got an automated email stating "Acknowledgement of Receipt"- PRTD

Now I have to wait for the decision through email, is that correct?

SHIVSHAZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Thanks for the info, I sent today and I have got an automated email stating "Acknowledgement of Receipt"- PRTD

Now I have to wait for the decision through email, is that correct?
Yes. It took us exactly 1 week to get passport request. Keep checking your email. All spam and promotion mails as well.

Reactions: shreddy

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Yes. It took us exactly 1 week to get passport request. Keep checking your email. All spam and promotion mails as well.
Hey did you receive your PRTD ?

I am stuck in a weird situation. I came to India with my daughter last month. I have my PR CARD. I sponsored my husbands visa which got approved earlier this year. He sent photos for PR CARD but we still haven’t received it yet. He plans to travel early next month and apply for PRTD.

how much time does PRTD take to comethese day ?

SHIVSHAZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Hello. Yes, I did receive PRTD. It took 1 week to get Passport request email. Then took about 1 and half weeks to get it stamped from the day I mailed my passport via Bluedart. I followed few messages in this forum few days earlier and looks like it slowed because of situation in Afghanistan. I hope it wont add more than 2 - 3 weeks for this process additionally.

its_rohit27

Star Member
Jun 27, 2021
Hello. Yes, I did receive PRTD. It took 1 week to get Passport request email. Then took about 1 and half weeks to get it stamped from the day I mailed my passport via Bluedart. I followed few messages in this forum few days earlier and looks like it slowed because of situation in Afghanistan. I hope it wont add more than 2 - 3 weeks for this process additionally.
Can you please share your timeline?

shreddy

Jun 27, 2016
Hi

I got a passport request today, can you please let me know what all the docs(passport, passport request letter) you sent and how did you send it(separate envelope or bluedart will have the envelope). Did you send the photo of yours in the envelope too?

The email mentions that we have to contact PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com for 2-way courier service.

What are the next steps, just send an email to the above email address or submit a request through this link, and after that?

pwalia

Mar 6, 2021
Please advice.
Hi there just wanted to know can we apply prtd from canada or only from outside of canada.
Also from which country u applied for prtd and was it through mail or in person .Please reply