+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hi guys,
I got my COPR document in email on 25th March while I was in canada. I mailed my photos to Etobicoke office for PR card.
I travelled to india on 30 March. I want to apply for PRTD. Could you please help me clarify below questions?
1. The form says list your activities the day you become PR. I've been working in IT company since 2019. So should I write from copr date 'employed' and leave end date blank?
2. My son (10 months) is a canadian citizen. One of the questions says if you are accompanying a canadian citizen. I should not be entering any details for him correct?
3. We are in Bhopal and nearest vac is delhi. Can I still send my application in an email to IRCC or I absolutely have to visit VAC?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Hetal

DivyaSree

Star Member
Apr 13, 2021
Hi guys,
I got my COPR document in email on 25th March while I was in canada. I mailed my photos to Etobicoke office for PR card.
I travelled to india on 30 March. I want to apply for PRTD. Could you please help me clarify below questions?
1. The form says list your activities the day you become PR. I've been working in IT company since 2019. So should I write from copr date 'employed' and leave end date blank?
2. My son (10 months) is a canadian citizen. One of the questions says if you are accompanying a canadian citizen. I should not be entering any details for him correct?
3. We are in Bhopal and nearest vac is delhi. Can I still send my application in an email to IRCC or I absolutely have to visit VAC?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Hetal
Hello did you apply for your PRTD and receive it?

CA_PR_2020

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Hetal
Hi
Have you received your PRTD document.

Agashi

Mar 11, 2021
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Hetal
Did you get your pr card already? We in the exact situation, I got my prtd after 11 weeks and back in Canada now but havent got my pr card.

DivyaSree

Star Member
Apr 13, 2021
Did you get your pr card already? We in the exact situation, I got my prtd after 11 weeks and back in Canada now but havent got my pr card.
Hello Aqashi,

Did you apply for the PRTD while waiting for your first PR card ? Is it okay to apply for PRTD even you dont fulfill 780 days after getting PR ? Please reply i have been waiting for my first PR card for 5 months. I am in India now and want to return at the earliest. My lawyer told you can apply for pRTD , but i see some people are applying as they did not get their PRTD.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hello Aqashi,

Did you apply for the PRTD while waiting for your first PR card ? Is it okay to apply for PRTD even you dont fulfill 780 days after getting PR ? Please reply i have been waiting for my first PR card for 5 months. I am in India now and want to return at the earliest. My lawyer told you can apply for pRTD , but i see some people are applying as they did not get their PRTD.
Yes, you can apply for PRTD even if you're waiting for 1st PR card
We were in the same situation. We applied for PR card on 26 March and went to India. We then applied for PRTD, got it stamped on passport and came to Canada.
After coming back to Canada, we got our PR card

sohrab17

Sep 1, 2021
@tinu28111987 - I didn't get my first card and I left for India due to an emergency. What are the supporting documents you attached while applying PRTD to prove intention for 720 days presence out of 5 years? Please reply, your help will be appreciated

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Hetal
What province did you live in and how many months did your baby spend in Canada? Looks like you left soon after giving birth so your child may not have been entitled to medical coverage.