+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
Hi
I hope you can help me with a couple of questions.
Did you submit your copr with the application?
And did you just scan the passport and send it?
Also, what documents did you provide for the residency obligation?

Thanks so much. I hope Im not asking too much. Appreciate your help.
I did below things :

Pay $50 using credit card or interac on cic website : https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

send email to : IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC

attachments : imm5524 , imm5627 , payment receipt , photo , CoPR, passport first last page , salary slip -6 months, bank statement - 6 months, Employment letter , Notice of assessment (last 2 yrs), return ticket to Canada, letter of explanation.

All scan copies were sent over email

if your return travel is within 6 weeks from application, you can mark application as urgent. Just add Urgent in the start of subject line

Reactions: VVCanadaVV

Mta0014

Oct 2, 2020
I did below things :

Pay $50 using credit card or interac on cic website : https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

send email to : IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC

attachments : imm5524 , imm5627 , payment receipt , photo , CoPR, passport first last page , salary slip -6 months, bank statement - 6 months, Employment letter , Notice of assessment (last 2 yrs), return ticket to Canada, letter of explanation.

All scan copies were sent over email

if your return travel is within 6 weeks from application, you can mark application as urgent. Just add Urgent in the start of subject line
Thank you so much. Really appreciate it.
One last ques, what did you include in the explanation letter? Just asking as your processing time was so fast.

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
Thank you so much. Really appreciate it.
One last ques, what did you include in the explanation letter? Just asking as your processing time was so fast.
Actually I have been living in Canada since last 2.5 yrs on work permit. So I explained about my residency status ,work history and tax payment before getting my CoPR. I had attached work permit from last 2 yrs too. Basically you need to show that you will be able to live or work in Canada after PR too.

Mta0014

Oct 2, 2020
Actually I have been living in Canada since last 2.5 yrs on work permit. So I explained about my residency status ,work history and tax payment before getting my CoPR. I had attached work permit from last 2 yrs too. Basically you need to show that you will be able to live or work in Canada after PR too.
Ok perfect thanks so much.
I also got copr while I was in Canada. Im working from home here in India so I ll explain that they need me there soon.

rj0786

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Anyone got PRTD recently. Please share your experience i am in emergency i have a flight after 3 weeks

SAO

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
My husband had to leave for emergency to Mexico on Jan. 17, first time PR card and not yet in hand by then, as soon as he arrived to Mexico we sent the application and documents requested to the email provide by IRCC website for PRTD, then on Jan. 25 he received passport requested letter, he sent the passport to the VAC in Mexico city, (VAC in Mexico only open for passport requested), passport received by the embassy on Feb. 1st, then Feb. 8th process finished passport sent back to VAC, VAC sent passport to my husband Feb. 9, received on Feb. 10th. I will say total process around 3 weeks, but also depends in what country you are traveling, finally he is coming home tomorrow.

Last edited:

rj0786

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
My husband had to leave for emergency to Mexico on Jan. 17, first time PR card and not yet in hand by then, as soon as he arrived to Mexico we sent the application and documents requested to the email provide by IRCC website for PRTD, then on Jan. 25 he received passport requested letter, he sent the passport to the VAC in Mexico city, (VAC in Mexico only open for passport requested), passport received by the embassy on Feb. 1st, then Feb. 8th process finished passport sent back to VAC, VAC sent passport to my husband Feb. 9, received on Feb. 10th. I will say total process around 3 weeks, but also depends in what country you are traveling, finally he is coming home tomorrow.
Oh great happy for you. Anyone have experience from india?

sanky297

Feb 1, 2021
Application by Email: January 22, 2021
Acknowledgment of Receipt: January 22, 2021
Passport Request email from VFS: January 29, 2021

I am facing issues with next steps as passport drop at courier service has some issues. Checking with vfs over emails
@PoonamMane Thanks for sharing.
Any progress? Have you received your PRTD?
Want to understand the timeline.

Thanks!

Aaqil

Nov 13, 2020
Hi, applied via email and was asked to submit passport only via courier. Should I send pictures? What dimensions?

VVCanadaVV

Apr 3, 2020
Can anyone tell approx. how long it took to get the PRTD(In India) from the date you applied? Due to the Canada travel ban from India extended till July 21 How did you go about providing the flight booking confirmation?

the_sizzler

Mar 8, 2021
Can someone please provide a list of all documents required to send over an email for PRTD?
I have got my COPR when I was in Canada and had to travel to India because of my mom's health.
Also the Ahmedabad VFS is closed, not sure on the process the cic page seems complex.
Thanks