+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

sahib 123

Jun 26, 2016
Hi,

My PR got approved on 22 july 2020, my category is CEC, Right now I am in India. In my approval letter it is mentioned that I need a PRTD to travel.
Can you please tell me what documents do I need to apply for PRTD and what is the process of applying as VAC s in India are not open.

Thanks

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Who is this letter from? A PRTD is only for PRs who are outside Canada without a valid PR card. If your application has been approved you are not yet a PR, and to travel to Canada for the first time you would receive a COPR and a passport request so they can stamp your visa.

Reactions: bellaluna

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Since OP applied as CEC, I am guessing the letter assumes that OP is currently in Canada, thus the information that a PRTD is needed to travel. I think some CEC candidates in Canada are getting their COPRs automatically confirmed. I am not sure if this is also afforded to candidates currently outside of Canada.

Reactions: primaprime

Eliz423

Aug 6, 2020
Hi, just wondering if you ended up applying for PRTD, I'm having a lot of issues figuring out a processing time and will probably not get an exact answer.. I know it veries from country to country but I have 3.5 weeks once I arrive to get it before my flight leaves (completely qualify for a PRTD- Can't get my physical PR card due to Covid)

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Hi,

My PR got approved on 22 july 2020, my category is CEC, Right now I am in India. In my approval letter it is mentioned that I need a PRTD to travel.
Can you please tell me what documents do I need to apply for PRTD and what is the process of applying as VAC s in India are not open.

Thanks
follow the steps specified in the link below
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#outsidecanada

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
Hi, just wondering if you ended up applying for PRTD, I'm having a lot of issues figuring out a processing time and will probably not get an exact answer.. I know it veries from country to country but I have 3.5 weeks once I arrive to get it before my flight leaves (completely qualify for a PRTD- Can't get my physical PR card due to Covid)
Did you apply and get PRTD? if yes how long it took ? I need to apply PRTD soon

heniswan

Jan 6, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have some questions on obtaining PRTD from India. I am currently in Canada and will be traveling to India end of this month. I am a PR, however I don't have my PR card yet. I need to obtain the PRTD to fly back to Canada. My return would be tentatively during March 1st week (Yet to book return flight)

1. What would be the ideal processing time for the PRTD?
2. Can I still apply via email? If yes, how to send the passport and photos?
3. Is a return ticket mandatory while applying for PRTD? If I have one does it increase the possibility of getting it quicker?

Any other suggestions to make the process easier from my end? Thank you so much. I appreciate your time in reading my post.

supermanman07

Jan 4, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have some questions on obtaining PRTD from India. I am currently in Canada and will be traveling to India end of this month. I am a PR, however I don't have my PR card yet. I need to obtain the PRTD to fly back to Canada. My return would be tentatively during March 1st week (Yet to book return flight)

3. Is a return ticket mandatory while applying for PRTD? If I have one does it increase the possibility of getting it quicker?

Any other suggestions to make the process easier from my end? Thank you so much. I appreciate your time in reading my post.
In the same boat with you, hoping someone could give some suggestion

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is a pandemic so nobody should be travelling except for emergencies. There is no exact timeframe for a PRTD.

gthala

Jan 26, 2021
Hello everyone,

Hi, you got PRTD? am in the same situation, can you please share the steps you have followed

Reactions: hvm