+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

Ajvayani

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
My wife just got PRTD on H&C grounds (RC-1). I am wondering what would be the first step in order to renew PR card. She also had her old SIN card which is expired obviously.

Another question is how long does it take to get her PR card?

Regards

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
My wife just got PRTD on H&C grounds (RC-1). I am wondering what would be the first step in order to renew PR card. She also had her old SIN card which is expired obviously.

Regards
Once she's used the PRTD to return to Canada, she can immediately submit a regular app to renew her PR card. It will most likely be approved due to the very recent positive H&C finding. She should include copy of the RC-1 PR TD, and explain about recent H&C acceptance. She may get the PR card in usual time (few months) or it may take longer due to the H&C involvement.

SIN does not expire, it just goes into dormant status. This needs to be re-activated by going to any local SIN office.

atulkumar

Sep 11, 2018

Regards
Can you please share wife H&C time line please

atulkumar

Sep 11, 2018
Hi I have lost my PR status of Canada because of I didn't apiel in time recently my daughter and son went to Canada so am I eligible to apply TRV ? I had applied to extend my apiel time limit and also I had explained them about my resion that .why I couldn't to apiel in time . and last year I got email from IAD they saying that
[14] The GCMS notes attached to the Minister’s submission demonstrate that the visa officer
carefully considered whether humanitarian and compassionate (“H & C”) factors might have
warranted discretionary relief and retention of the Applicant’s permanent resident status in 2016.
The Applicant was invited, twice, to provide information which might have supported H & C
relief, and the evidence the Applicant ultimately provided was insufficient to tip the scales in his
favor. Since that time, the Applicant has provided nothing further which might be construed as
new potential evidence regarding H & C factors which might support the prospect that the appeal
could succeed.

If I get TRV so I can start reprocessing my case by Canadian immigration lawyer so I request to you please give me your opinion in this matter so following as your instructions so please help me we all family members desided that resettel in Canada together so please help me
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi I have lost my PR status of Canada because of I didn't apiel in time recently my daughter and son went to Canada so am I eligible to apply TRV ? I had applied to extend my apiel time limit and also I had explained them about my resion that .why I couldn't to apiel in time . and last year I got email from IAD they saying that
[14] The GCMS notes attached to the Minister’s submission demonstrate that the visa officer
carefully considered whether humanitarian and compassionate (“H & C”) factors might have
warranted discretionary relief and retention of the Applicant’s permanent resident status in 2016.
The Applicant was invited, twice, to provide information which might have supported H & C
relief, and the evidence the Applicant ultimately provided was insufficient to tip the scales in his
favor. Since that time, the Applicant has provided nothing further which might be construed as
new potential evidence regarding H & C factors which might support the prospect that the appeal
could succeed.

If I get TRV so I can start reprocessing my case by Canadian immigration lawyer so I request to you please give me your opinion in this matter so following as your instructions so please help me we all family members desided that resettel in Canada together so please help me
Thanks
1. You have lost your PR status, you were given the opportunity to provide more information on your H.& C. for your PRTD, it wasn't sufficient.
2. You didn't appeal the decision, so their is no "case" anymore.
3. It is probably unlikely that you will get a TRV at this time, although there is nothing stopping you from applying.