+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD vs Travel Document: PRTD app

sohereiam

Feb 3, 2023
Hello.

When completing the online PRTD form, one of the questions is as following:

Have you ever been issued one of the following?

-Travel Document.
-PRTD
I undestand what a PRTD is, but what do they mean by Travel Document? Are they referring to student, turist etc.. permits?

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I undestand what a PRTD is, but what do they mean by Travel Document? Are they referring to student, turist etc.. permits?

Thanks
No, in this context it means things-like-passports - including specifically things like refugee travel documents or some 'laissez-passer' that are issued in lieu of passports (special situations basically). If you don't know what it refers to, it probably does not apply to you.

Newday8765

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
Hello.

When completing the online PRTD form, one of the questions is as following:

Thanks
Travel document is primarily for non-Canadians and will be issued to Convention refugees , protected persons,stateless persons.

Reactions: YVR123

Mammad4ever

May 14, 2024
Hello
I have landed and got my first pr cart 2013 and didn’t meet R/O,so it has been expired 2018.i just came back canada with PRTD type R-1.
I applied for PR cart in portal and immediately an email sent to me in which it was confirmed “the process has been initiated”.should i take an action or just wait for another email?
Thank you for Your answer.