+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Time from Vienna Austria

Ch_Rizwan

Apr 23, 2016
I landed Yesterday.
I have a question for you. i know it takes 8-10 weeks to get PR Card but i know people who received it in 2 weeks.

I have to travel in a week to Europe and lady told me you cannot travel without PR card or you have to get Permanent Resident Travel Doc from country's Canadian embassy where you are going....I will be going for two weeks but i have to come back but without that document i cannot come back.

Now i already contacted the Canadian embassy there but they said we cannot tell exact time but we will do as quickly as possible.

immigration officer here on phone told me it usually takes 2-3 days.

There is a complete application process for this and you have to apply and pay fee.

Then this Document which is kind of visa stamp or sticker will be on your passport.

I am sharing this info for anyone who is in same situation,Has to travel but can't and waiting for PR Card after Landing..

If someone has gone through this plz share your experience.

Snowman1308

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
I landed Yesterday.
I have a question for you. i know it takes 8-10 weeks to get PR Card but i know people who received it in 2 weeks.

I have to travel in a week to Europe and lady told me you cannot travel without PR card or you have to get Permanent Resident Travel Doc from country's Canadian embassy where you are going....I will be going for two weeks but i have to come back but without that document i cannot come back.

Now i already contacted the Canadian embassy there but they said we cannot tell exact time but we will do as quickly as possible.

immigration officer here on phone told me it usually takes 2-3 days.

There is a complete application process for this and you have to apply and pay fee.

Then this Document which is kind of visa stamp or sticker will be on your passport.

I am sharing this info for anyone who is in same situation,Has to travel but can't and waiting for PR Card after Landing..

If someone has gone through this plz share your experience.
I have the same issue, how did it go for you in vienna?