+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD send passport within Canada

cld_canada

May 7, 2024
Hello,

I have a forthcoming trip and had to apply for a PRTD. They responded, requesting me to send my passport to the VAC outside Canada. However, I am currently in Canada. Could you please provide the address within Canada where I should mail my passport?

Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

I have a forthcoming trip and had to apply for a PRTD. They responded, requesting me to send my passport to the VAC outside Canada. However, I am currently in Canada. Could you please provide the address within Canada where I should mail my passport?

Thank you!
Has to be abroad.

cld_canada

May 7, 2024
Thank you. I'm afraid this process can take longer than 2 months. I have to return because of work. I just got the news that I have to travel without the PRTD and apply again from there.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you. I'm afraid this process can take longer than 2 months. I have to return because of work. I just got the news that I have to travel without the PRTD and apply again from there.
If you get the passport request, that is the final stage, basically. Time for this can vary but in most places, about two weeks (ie most of the time two weeks or less).

cld_canada

May 7, 2024
The issue is that VAC does not mail the passport outside of Brazil. I need someone to pick up the passport and send it to me. I'm afraid it will take over 3 weeks and I already have the flight tickets and appointments. Not 100% sure if they will ask for biometrics as well. They might hold my passport and I won't be able to leave Canada. I think I should apply for PRTD outside Canada again. I will have two months to get it.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The issue is that VAC does not mail the passport outside of Brazil. I need someone to pick up the passport and send it to me. I'm afraid it will take over 3 weeks and I already have the flight tickets and appointments. Not 100% sure if they will ask for biometrics as well. They might hold my passport and I won't be able to leave Canada. I think I should apply for PRTD outside Canada again. I will have two months to get it.
Other people are different people than you and do not have access to the information in your mind. We do not know where you will be nor where you applied from.

Submit to a VAC in some place where you will be for a few weeks. You don't have to submit in Brazil.

cld_canada

May 7, 2024
Other people are different people than you and do not have access to the information in your mind. We do not know where you will be nor where you applied from.

Submit to a VAC in some place where you will be for a few weeks. You don't have to submit in Brazil.
Thank you for your reply. I will reapply for the PRTD in Brazil. I need the passport to leave Canada and if VAC holds the passport because of biometrics or something, I won't be able to leave Canada on time. My departure is on June 8th.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your reply. I will reapply for the PRTD in Brazil. I need the passport to leave Canada and if VAC holds the passport because of biometrics or something, I won't be able to leave Canada on time. My departure is on June 8th.
Don't send it before you leave Canada. Send it from someplace where you will be abroad for a few weeks. That's the way it's intended to be done, and it works.

Reactions: cld_canada