+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD- Riyadh

RF786

Jun 24, 2015
Hi,
Anybody here who applied for PRTD from Riyadh? What is the average processing time? It has been 5 weeks now and havent heard anything.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hi,
Anybody here who applied for PRTD from Riyadh? What is the average processing time? It has been 5 weeks now and havent heard anything.

Have you checked with them to see what the delay is? Planning on going in May and looking like I will need the PRTD but hearing it is taking you this long does not bode well.

Mohdali911

Oct 26, 2021
Hi,
Hello
It is also taking long with me.
I meet the residency obligation because I am accompanied by my Canadian wife.
I am not sure if there is any way to contact them

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hello

How long have you been waiting since you applied? Did you reach out to the embassy to see what the delay is?

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Am I correct in assessing that ordinary subjects of Saudi Arabia are being discriminated against and stalled in processing of the PR card renewal application?

P.S. If true, I find it particularly ironic: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is created by United Kingdom (was part of the strategy to break up Ottoman Empire centuries ago), and the Royal House/King are greeted all over the Europe, UK and US as heroes and closest allies, with Prince Charles dancing sabre dance with royals. Yet, when it comes to ordinary citizens, people wait for months to get their PR cards renewed? Is it just low level racism and bigotry of app processors, or some kind of nefarious and double edged policy? Interesting.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
How much time did you spend in Canada with your wife after your landed as a PR before going abroad? Not all time abroad with a spouse counts towards RO.

Mohdali911

Oct 26, 2021
How much time did you spend in Canada with your wife after your landed as a PR before going abroad? Not all time abroad with a spouse counts towards RO.
We spent very few days every year we travel to canada for vacation only. Most of our time is spent in Saudi with my Spouse who is Canadian.

Where does it say that not all times count? As I understood all days spent abroad with Canadian spouse count.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We spent very few days every year we travel to canada for vacation only. Most of our time is spent in Saudi with my Spouse who is Canadian.

Where does it say that not all times count? As I understood all days spent abroad with Canadian spouse count.
Not if you never established yourselves in Canada first. It says that days can count if the PR is accompanying the Canadian abroad. She was accompanying you abroad. It will be up to IRCC to determine whether your time together counts.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
It is now 6 weeks. There is no way to reach the embassy except through webform which i did today.
Ill wait for their response
Good luck, let me know what you are told. I may have to delay my visit there if it is taking over 6 weeks to get the PRTD.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021

Not really. There is "who accompanies whom" rule, it was posted on this sub-forum several times. If she accompanied you (as opposed to you accompanying your Canadian citizen spouse), then legally days spent outside of Canada would not count towards RO. There are instances where CIC errs and grants PR renewal despite the rule (I don't know whether it's done on purpose or due to adjudicating officer not knowing the rules), but by law there is a distinction and what you were told above is correct.

Last edited: