+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD - Residency Obligation - URGENT

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
Hi All,

Just reading through the checklist and I am totally confused.

I am doing a soft landing next week and then coming back to the UK before flying back out for the 9th April to start work. Reading through the PRTD forms and document checklist and it states:

Photocopies of supporting documents that you meet the residency obligation. Do not send original documents, as they will not be returned to you

8. At a minimum, you must provide:
- two pieces of evidence that show your permanent resident status in Canada; and

- information for the five years immediately before the application, such as:
- employment records or pay stubs;
- bank statements
- Canada revenue agency notice of asses.....
- rental agreements;
- club memeberships;
- or any other documents that are relevant to the determination of your residency obligation

what I don't get is that I would have only landed in Canada two/three weeks before, so how can I provide any of the above? I have a job offer letter, but that's it? and what would be the 2 forms of evidence that show PR?

urgent help required! cheers

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Signed COPR and SIN.

You don't need to prove all of that, simply write a LOE stating the situation.

DinahDoss

Apr 22, 2017
Hello,

Your COPR & SIN document is enough to prove the same. You can also show your bank statement for a month (if available).
Would you also please be able to share the document checklist? I am unable to view the same.

Regards,
Dinah

Puns1987

Apr 29, 2017
Hi All,

Just reading through the checklist and I am totally confused.

I am doing a soft landing next week and then coming back to the UK before flying back out for the 9th April to start work. Reading through the PRTD forms and document checklist and it states:

Photocopies of supporting documents that you meet the residency obligation. Do not send original documents, as they will not be returned to you

8. At a minimum, you must provide:
- two pieces of evidence that show your permanent resident status in Canada; and

- information for the five years immediately before the application, such as:
- employment records or pay stubs;
- bank statements
- Canada revenue agency notice of asses.....
- rental agreements;
- club memeberships;
- or any other documents that are relevant to the determination of your residency obligation

what I don't get is that I would have only landed in Canada two/three weeks before, so how can I provide any of the above? I have a job offer letter, but that's it? and what would be the 2 forms of evidence that show PR?

urgent help required! cheers

Hi,

Did you get the PRTD without meeting residency obligations?

Thanks.

ch671

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
You can show your signed CoPR, and the PR visa (which will be canceled with hand, but you can still scan and send it). This should be enough for two proofs of PR. If you have SIN number scan and send that as well. I got my PRTD a couple of months after landing and returning to US, no issues whatsoever with that.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi, I have done my soft landing on Feb 3, 2020 and came back to India on Feb 6, 2020 as I am working back here. I had planned to move to Canada once after completing my employment notice period. Now, if I apply for PRTD, how would I be able to meet my residency obligations. I do have a SIN and signed COPR copy with me. Would that be enough to obtain a PRTD. Should, I write of LOE stating my reason for travelling back from Canada and my intentions in moving to Canada soon. Do we need to show any proof of funds for getting PRTD.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I have done my soft landing on Feb 3, 2020 and came back to India on Feb 6, 2020 as I am working back here. I had planned to move to Canada once after completing my employment notice period. Now, if I apply for PRTD, how would I be able to meet my residency obligations. I do have a SIN and signed COPR copy with me. Would that be enough to obtain a PRTD. Should, I write of LOE stating my reason for travelling back from Canada and my intentions in moving to Canada soon. Do we need to show any proof of funds for getting PRTD.
As you only just landed, you meet the Residency Obligation by default. You don't need an LOE. Your reasons for leaving are entirely irrelevant to PRTD approval. You don't need to show funds.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Thank you so much for the clarification. Actually, I have also got married after I did my landing. I got married on Feb 26, 2020. So, should I inform IRCC beforehand in order to apply for PRTD.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for the clarification. Actually, I have also got married after I did my landing. I got married on Feb 26, 2020. So, should I inform IRCC beforehand in order to apply for PRTD.
No - this isn't relevant.