+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD refused, appeal hearing scheduled

talons9713

Dec 4, 2019
My brother's PR reinstatement and subsequent TD application was refused for failing to meet his RO and having found no H&C evidence. He's going to appeal and he chose to appear in person in front of the judge but CIC won't issue him a PRTD because he hasn't entered Canada over the past year. I was told he needs to appeal the Travel Document refusal to IAD but I have no idea how to do that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My brother's PR reinstatement and subsequent TD application was refused for failing to meet his RO and having found no H&C evidence. He's going to appeal and he chose to appear in person in front of the judge but CIC won't issue him a PRTD because he hasn't entered Canada over the past year. I was told he needs to appeal the Travel Document refusal to IAD but I have no idea how to do that.
He doesn’t have the option of appearing in person if he has been out of Canada for a year unless he flies into Canada and crosses the US border. Given the previous refusal he may want to assess whether he actually has a chance of keeping PR before going back to Canada, leaving a job if he is currently employed, etc.

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
he has 60 days to appeal
appeal could be in person (if already inside) or over video conference if outside.
he should refer to a lawyer immediately

Mary2022No17

Nov 17, 2022
why did IRCC refuse you? What is the reason H&C did not work?