+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD - PR card lost

priyankagupta

Jan 26, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am currently outside Canada and last year my PR card that was issued after renewal was lost. Now I have requested the Government to reissue a new PR card which will take time. In order to enter Canada, do I have to apply for PRTD or ?

Thanks so much!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I am currently outside Canada and last year my PR card that was issued after renewal was lost. Now I have requested the Government to reissue a new PR card which will take time. In order to enter Canada, do I have to apply for PRTD or ?

Thanks so much!
Why did you wait to so long to report your PR card lost?

You will need to be approved for a PRTD to return to Canada via a commercial carrier. The alternative would be to return to Canada via the U.S. (if eligible) in a private vehicle (or on foot) at a land PoE, since having a PR Card is not required by CBSA (but is always recommended to have).

priyankagupta

Jan 26, 2016
Thanks Ponga,
I will apply for PRTD. My PR card was lost around 30th Nov 2023 as it was mailed to the wrong address while I was outside Canada. Only recently I found out from IRCC helpline about delivery to the wrong address after which I reported PR card loss.

Sharmags

Feb 8, 2024
Hello everyone,
I had applied my prtd application on 5th sep. 2023 after that i also submitted web form twice. I got an email 20days back that my prtd application is in new delhi office. Can pls someone help me out ? It is possible that it will take 5 months or more to get the result of prtd application? Also if my application is in new delhi what does that means ?
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks Ponga,
I will apply for PRTD. My PR card was lost around 30th Nov 2023 as it was mailed to the wrong address while I was outside Canada. Only recently I found out from IRCC helpline about delivery to the wrong address after which I reported PR card loss.
Extremely strange that you did not have to pick up the card in person. When you have been living abroad you typically have to pick up the card in person along with a short interview to make sure you remain compliant with your RO. Are you sure you were not required to pick up the card in person or it was being help to pick card in persons it not picked up it is eventually cancelled. Would order GCMS notes to try and figure out what actually happened since IRCC customer service doesn’t always provide correct information and does not have access to all information.

priyankagupta

Jan 26, 2016
Hi Canuck78,

It was a PR renewal and they ask us to provide the mailing address in Canada where we want them to mail the card.
Thanks.

KalRaTy

Feb 13, 2024
Hello everyone,
I had applied my prtd application on 5th sep. 2023 after that i also submitted web form twice. I got an email 20days back that my prtd application is in new delhi office. Can pls someone help me out ? It is possible that it will take 5 months or more to get the result of prtd application? Also if my application is in new delhi what does that means ?
Thank you
Hi Sharmags
Did you got any update on PRTD application?what was the reason for delay in you application.
i am in the same situation. Applied for PRTD on January 25th buthaven’t heard anything yet.
Any help would be appreciated. Need to go back urgently.

Sharmags

Feb 8, 2024
Hi Sharmags
Did you got any update on PRTD application?what was the reason for delay in you application.
i am in the same situation. Applied for PRTD on January 25th buthaven’t heard anything yet.
Any help would be appreciated. Need to go back urgently.
Hello ,

I haven't heard anything from them. i dont know what is the issue and why they are taking 5 months for PRTD application

KalRaTy

Feb 13, 2024
Hello ,

I haven't heard anything from them. i dont know what is the issue and why they are taking 5 months for PRTD application
Did your status still showing “Submitted “ on PR Portal. Or did you noticed any change in the online application yet?

Ku17

Aug 23, 2023
Hi Everyone - I have lost my PR card in India and I applied for urgent PRTD as I need to resume my job urgently. I got a letter from my employer and requested my MP if she can help in expediting the process with IRCC. Here are the timelines

Feb 23 - submitted online application
Feb 26 - MP communicated with IRCC
Feb 27 - Got request from IRCC to submit passport
Feb 29 - Passport submitted at VFS
Mar 1 - Passport delivered to IRCC in Delhi

Now waiting for stamping to complet

KalRaTy

Feb 13, 2024
Hi Everyone - I have lost my PR card in India and I applied for urgent PRTD as I need to resume my job urgently. I got a letter from my employer and requested my MP if she can help in expediting the process with IRCC. Here are the timelines

Feb 23 - submitted online application
Feb 26 - MP communicated with IRCC
Feb 27 - Got request from IRCC to submit passport
Feb 29 - Passport submitted at VFS
Mar 1 - Passport delivered to IRCC in Delhi

Now waiting for stamping to complet
Hi,

did you applied for urgent application. And did your portal showed “Urgency requested” at any point?

Ku17

Aug 23, 2023
Hi,

did you applied for urgent application. And did your portal showed “Urgency requested” at any point?
Yes I applied for urgent ans it shows urgency requested. However, I have not get any update after passport submission

KalRaTy

Feb 13, 2024
Yes I applied for urgent ans it shows urgency requested. However, I have not get any update after passport submission
Thank you for the reply. Mine is showing “urgency requested” from 1 week but did not got any passport request yet. Do you have any idea what can i do to get passport request now. I need to go urgently as i am stuck with my 9 month old baby.
i think it take 7-10 days to get passport stamped.

Ku17

Aug 23, 2023
Thank you for the reply. Mine is showing “urgency requested” from 1 week but did not got any passport request yet. Do you have any idea what can i do to get passport request now. I need to go urgently as i am stuck with my 9 month old baby.
i think it take 7-10 days to get passport stamped.
I had attached police report, letter from employer that I need to return to work urgently and airline tickets as urgency proof. The same documents were sent to MPs office as well. I think MPs enquiry made a difference and I got PPR urgently.