+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD - Only for valid reasons?

hsingh1109

Oct 5, 2014
To repeat, you can apply.
I am filling application for prtd, i am filling form imm5524.
I am confused about point 14. List all the activities u did after u became pr, for 3 days i was ij canada and then today i came to india for this job. So what should i write

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am filling application for prtd, i am filling form imm5524.
I am confused about point 14. List all the activities u did after u became pr, for 3 days i was ij canada and then today i came to india for this job. So what should i write
Just put that.

Harpreet Singh Monga

Jul 26, 2018
Amritsar
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Hi,

I landed Canada on august 13, 2018 and came back on August 15, 2018. My copr was expiring on Sept 28, 2018. Now if i wish to re enter canada on sept 25. Am i eligible for prtd.. Will visa officer doubt my case because i had copr expiring on sept 28 and he might think i could havw entered first time only on sept 25

As per the new rules, PRTD can be applied only if one doesn't possess his valid PR card with him, PR card has expired or PR card is lost or stolen. However in my case my PR card is yet not processed. Am I still eligible for applying for PRTD, and chances my PRTD will be approved.

I know I have posted this earlier also, but I didn't mention this that my intial PR card application is still not processed.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You'll be fine to apply for a PRTD. You have almost 5 years to meet the residency obligation. Lots of people do short landings to activate their PR.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I landed Canada on august 13, 2018 and came back on August 15, 2018. My copr was expiring on Sept 28, 2018. Now if i wish to re enter canada on sept 25. Am i eligible for prtd.. Will visa officer doubt my case because i had copr expiring on sept 28 and he might think i could havw entered first time only on sept 25

As per the new rules, PRTD can be applied only if one doesn't possess his valid PR card with him, PR card has expired or PR card is lost or stolen. However in my case my PR card is yet not processed. Am I still eligible for applying for PRTD, and chances my PRTD will be approved.

I know I have posted this earlier also, but I didn't mention this that my intial PR card application is still not processed.
Your question has already been answered several times.

Harpreet Singh Monga

Jul 26, 2018
Amritsar
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Your question has already been answered several times.
Thanks Canuck,

I really appreciate your help. But just had some apprehensions as I missed to list complete details earlier, that's why I re-posted informing that My Initial PR application is also just in submitted mode.

Now from your reply, I am clear that PR card application has nothing to do with PR status. If my PR status is there, then I would be granted Travel document.

Thanks once again

Harpreet Singh Monga

Jul 26, 2018
Amritsar
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
I have question regarding no of days spent in Canada

I landed at 0600 hrs on 13th August, 2018
I moved to Regina at 1400 hrs on 13th August, 2018
I came back to toronto at 1400hrs on 15th August, 2018 and stayed at my friends place
I left boarded the flight at 2300 hrs on 15th August, 2018.

I have filled number of days spent in Canada as 3 ..is it correct

Query 2: My COPR is not stamped by CBSA and he just made initials on it and entered the dates with pen. He didn't even entered the #number after his initials. Will that cause a problem in my PRTD.

Harpreet Singh Monga

Jul 26, 2018
Amritsar
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
I have question regarding no of days spent in Canada

I landed at 0600 hrs on 13th August, 2018
I moved to Regina at 1400 hrs on 13th August, 2018
I came back to toronto at 1400hrs on 15th August, 2018 and stayed at my friends place
I left boarded the flight at 2300 hrs on 15th August, 2018.

I have filled number of days spent in Canada as 3 ..is it correct

Query 2: My COPR is not stamped by CBSA and he just made initials on it and entered the dates with pen. He didn't even entered the #number after his initials. Will that cause a problem in my PRTD.
Submitted my prtd application at vfs office today.. They kept photo copies and original Of both old and new passport.. Keeping my fingers crossed.. Will let u know updates

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Submitted my prtd application at vfs office today.. They kept photo copies and original Of both old and new passport.. Keeping my fingers crossed.. Will let u know updates
Hi in the PRTD, what is the answer to question 9? "The number on your Record of Landing, COPR or PR card" I dont have a PR card yet and i need to travel by end of this month. also can you confirm the photo is the same 50*70 submitted for PR? thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi in the PRTD, what is the answer to question 9? "The number on your Record of Landing, COPR or PR card" I dont have a PR card yet and i need to travel by end of this month. also can you confirm the photo is the same 50*70 submitted for PR? thank you
1. Then the no. on your COPR.
2. Yes the same size photo.

rohitca0815

Nov 14, 2018
Hi All..

I'm in a similar situation. I have been waiting for my PR card and have not received yet. I need to urgently travel to India for my brother wedding and get my dependents to Canada and get their landing completed.

Can I apply for the PRTD from India without any issues? It has been only 90 days that i became a PR.

Does residency obligation applies to me? Do i need to provide any supporting document for it?

Please kindly help to advise here.

Thanks.