+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD online application via PR portal

ManSosa

Nov 19, 2023
Hi, this is my first time using a forum and i am not ver savy at it so i don´t know if i am posting in the right place .
I have a few questions and see if someone out there can help me out with any leads please , will be appreciated!
1. I ´ve been resident of Canada for over 20 years and my landing immigrant record was damaged a while ago and i am also missing my PR card +i don´t have any canadian picture ID´s and no way to obain them. I have applied for a VOS certificate and paid the fee to obtain a copy of my UCI and Pr number but is taking too long and i am outside of the country ( less than 730 days) in need to go back asap...should i apply for a PRTD in the PR portal and leave the UCI number in Zeroes? i have NOA taxes filling from the last 5 years and records of employment that shows my residence obligation is being fullfilled. I know they advice to submit all paperwork but my financial situation is difficult and i am in need to return to Canada and work as soon as i can.
2. Has anybody applied for a PRTD under similar cisrcumstances and obtained it?
Thanks!

drrkc8

Jan 23, 2024
Hi Rajesh, you don't need to submit any photos when applying to the PRTD online. Photos are not required on the checklist, they're only needed when you renew the PR card. I did not send photos with my application and it got approved. Good luck gathering all the docs, this is what I felt was the most time consuming in this whole process. Also, make sure you prep your travel history in an excel doc in advance as well so you can easily copy that when you fill-in that section on the online portal.

Hope that helps :)
Thank you.

VisaApprovalSent

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, this is my first time using a forum and i am not ver savy at it so i don´t know if i am posting in the right place .
I have a few questions and see if someone out there can help me out with any leads please , will be appreciated!
1. I ´ve been resident of Canada for over 20 years and my landing immigrant record was damaged a while ago and i am also missing my PR card +i don´t have any canadian picture ID´s and no way to obain them. I have applied for a VOS certificate and paid the fee to obtain a copy of my UCI and Pr number but is taking too long and i am outside of the country ( less than 730 days) in need to go back asap...should i apply for a PRTD in the PR portal and leave the UCI number in Zeroes? i have NOA taxes filling from the last 5 years and records of employment that shows my residence obligation is being fullfilled. I know they advice to submit all paperwork but my financial situation is difficult and i am in need to return to Canada and work as soon as i can.
2. Has anybody applied for a PRTD under similar cisrcumstances and obtained it?
Thanks!
yes you will qualify to get PRTD