+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Inquiry for new PR Holder

nehasaini0303

Jan 18, 2021
I got my COPR in June 19, 2021 while I was in Canada. I am waiting for my PR card to come. I need to travel to India so I will be applying for PRTD. I don't need to prove residency obligation as I have enough time to complete 2 years in Canada but the documents that I will still attach (bank statements/ pay stub) doesn't have the house address aligned with residency timeline at 2 apartments. I moved to new apartment on 15 August 2021 but I got sick and couldn't update in bank for my address until October. So my bank statements has old apartment address on 3 bank statements. Will that cause any problem in approval of PRTD? Please suggest

Also my salary slips has old house address too.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I got my COPR in June 19, 2021 while I was in Canada. I am waiting for my PR card to come. I need to travel to India so I will be applying for PRTD. I don't need to prove residency obligation as I have enough time to complete 2 years in Canada but the documents that I will still attach (bank statements/ pay stub) doesn't have the house address aligned with residency timeline at 2 apartments. I moved to new apartment on 15 August 2021 but I got sick and couldn't update in bank for my address until October. So my bank statements has old apartment address on 3 bank statements. Will that cause any problem in approval of PRTD? Please suggest

Also my salary slips has old house address too.
Shouldn't have any problem and because your PR status is new, you'll be in compliance with RO. Just tell the truth, you had to travel and new PR card not yet received.

nehasaini0303

Jan 18, 2021
Shouldn't have any problem and because your PR status is new, you'll be in compliance with RO. Just tell the truth, you had to travel and new PR card not yet received.
So I should just provide the right address details in the form and then attach proofs as they are .. I hope prtd is not rejected due to that .

nehasaini0303

Jan 18, 2021
yes, that is what i was gonna do. Thanks. I have a Tenant registration form but it was submitted later in October when I was recovered a bit. I also have a letter from my roommate who is a legal tenant at the apartment.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
yes, that is what i was gonna do. Thanks. I have a Tenant registration form but it was submitted later in October when I was recovered a bit. I also have a letter from my roommate who is a legal tenant at the apartment.
Does the application package require proof of tenancy/address? It seems to me you're worrying more than necessary - if you're a new immigrant you're compliant with RO and they'd issue you a PRTD even if you'd only spent an hour in Canada.

nehasaini0303

Jan 18, 2021
Thank you for your response. I am not very clear on that, I got confused if its needed or not , the document checklist for PRTD point number 8 says "At a minimum you must provide 2 piece of evidence that can show residency in Canada in the 5 years immediately before the application"

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your response. I am not very clear on that, I got confused if its needed or not , the document checklist for PRTD point number 8 says "At a minimum you must provide 2 piece of evidence that can show residency in Canada in the 5 years immediately before the application"
I don't have expérience with your situation bit would include a short note that you've only been a PR for x months. I shouldn't think they'll need proof of your residential address.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Think that a lease would be a better option but it seems like your landlord may be unaware that there are subletters.