+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD HC more than once?!

Hou28fou

Feb 10, 2022
What do you mean by it was the it was the Embassy officer's mistake?
because the passport deposit letter is dated in August 2021 but I received it in January 2022, the agent said that she sent the letter in September 2021 but I did not receive anything and yet I have sent several emails to find out the progress of my request

Hou28fou

Feb 10, 2022
Do you mean you applied for permanent residency as a family? When did you land? How old are your children? It seems as though you may have gotten a prtd based on your children returning to Canada. What was the basis of your hnc application?

If you want to retain your permanent residency you should return within the three weeks. If you don't you must be prepared cannot be granted another prtd. If you don't plan on remaining in Canada to meet the seven thirty days out of 5 years when you return there is a good chance you will not be granted another PR TD to return a second time.
My wife and me we are permanents residents, but my kids were born overseas they got their immigrant visas before our PRTDs

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My wife and me we are permanents residents, but my kids were born overseas they got their immigrant visas before our PRTDs
Wait, did you (or your wife) apply to sponsor them while out of Canada AND out of compliance with residency obligation?

This all seems quite odd.

Hou28fou

Feb 10, 2022
Wait, did you (or your wife) apply to sponsor them while out of Canada AND out of compliance with residency obligation?

I applyed for the sponsor in 2019 but i was in Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

So it sounds as though as soon as yoyr chikdeen received PR you left Canada and only entered Canada to sponsor them. Where is your spouse and is he a PR or citizen? Is he compliant eith yoyr RO? When did you children land and how much time have they spent in Canada? What were your grounds for H&C? When did you land as a PR? Have you ever spent a significant time in Canada other than to sponsor your children? worked in Canada? What about your spouse?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

As a sponsor, you were supposed to be residing in Canada throughout the process. While short trips are allowed, it seems you were away quite a lot, including a period when you were not compliant with the resdiency obligation. AND to sponsor your children, you were also supposed to be compliant with the RO throughout.

Short form: there are a lot of little oddities in your file and it could have been simply refused (or suspended until you were back in compliance, which clearly would take another two years).

Don't wish to give advice but my instinct - based on the facts here given by you, which may not be complete - do NOT push your luck, go back to Canada ASAP and certainly while the current doc is valid. And then stay in Canada until compliant with the RO.

It feels like a lot of loose threads here and if you start to pull on any one of them, the whole thing will unravel.

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
When did you children land and how much time have they spent in Canada? What were your grounds for H&C? When did you land as a PR? Have you ever spent a significant time in Canada other than to sponsor your children? worked in Canada? What about your spouse?
@Hou28fou - It might be helpful if you just outlined all the dates from landing to present? More information means any best guess received here is closer to target.

Hou28fou

Feb 10, 2022
So it sounds as though as soon as yoyr chikdeen received PR you left Canada and only entered Canada to sponsor them. Where is your spouse and is he a PR or citizen? Is he compliant eith yoyr RO? When did you children land and how much time have they spent in Canada? What were your grounds for H&C? When did you land as a PR? Have you ever spent a significant time in Canada other than to sponsor your children? worked in Canada? What about your spouse?
Maybe that i'm not able to explain well my situation in english

Hou28fou

Feb 10, 2022
As a sponsor, you were supposed to be residing in Canada throughout the process. While short trips are allowed, it seems you were away quite a lot, including a period when you were not compliant with the resdiency obligation. AND to sponsor your children, you were also supposed to be compliant with the RO throughout.

Short form: there are a lot of little oddities in your file and it could have been simply refused (or suspended until you were back in compliance, which clearly would take another two years).

Don't wish to give advice but my instinct - based on the facts here given by you, which may not be complete - do NOT push your luck, go back to Canada ASAP and certainly while the current doc is valid. And then stay in Canada until compliant with the RO.

It feels like a lot of loose threads here and if you start to pull on any one of them, the whole thing will unravel.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It just isn’t very clear to us whether you’ve ever established your family in Canada. Whether your spouse is a PR or citizen and whether he is compliant with his RO also has a big impact on your case. It looks like you may have only received a PRTD to return to Canada to live with your children if you only received R1. Can you clarify whether that was the reason given for PRTD?

Reactions: armoured