+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD HC more than once?!

Hou28fou

Feb 10, 2022
Hello..
Can we have a PRTD for more than once, I had an PRTD for humanitarian reasons with code R-1 for a validity of 3 weeks, that's why, I would like to travel to Canada to try the renewal of my RP card then returned to my country, after which I will request a PRTD again. Is it possible ?
Thanx..

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
Hello..
Can we have a PRTD for more than once, I had an PRTD for humanitarian reasons with code R-1 for a validity of 3 weeks, that's why, I would like to travel to Canada to try the renewal of my RP card then returned to my country, after which I will request a PRTD again. Is it possible ?
Thanx..
How far out of compliance with RO are you?

Given that you received a PRTD with an R-1 code (and a very short period to use it), your H&C was not likely accepted but you were essentially given a chance. If you want to relocate to Canada, you should do so. Hoping for another PRTD, particularly after travelling just to renew PR card is probably not wise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello..
Thanx..
I agree with the comment above. It feels like IRCC gave you a PRTD that's not H&C which is why the window is so short. You can try reapplying but you are risking that IRCC will not consider your application under H&C. It's possible this is the one chance you're getting.

Ultimately none of us can tell you what to do. If you want to play it super safe, come to Canada now on the 3 week PRTD and stay here for 2 weeks before you apply to renew your PR card. If you are OK with a level of risk of losing your PR status, then you can try applying for the PRTD again.

Hou28fou

Feb 10, 2022
How far out of compliance with RO are you?

Given that you received a PRTD with an R-1 code (and a very short period to use it), your H&C was not likely accepted but you were essentially given a chance. If you want to relocate to Canada, you should do so. Hoping for another PRTD, particularly after travelling just to renew PR card is probably not wise.
My RO was 9 months in the last 5 years, do you have an idea about PR card renewal after my return to Canada

Hou28fou

Feb 10, 2022
I agree with the comment above. It feels like IRCC gave you a PRTD that's not H&C which is why the window is so short. You can try reapplying but you are risking that IRCC will not consider your application under H&C. It's possible this is the one chance you're getting.

Ultimately none of us can tell you what to do. If you want to play it super safe, come to Canada now on the 3 week PRTD and stay here for 2 weeks before you apply to renew your PR card. If you are OK with a level of risk of losing your PR status, then you can try applying for the PRTD again.
otherwise I will ask the immigration officer at the airport, if I will automatically receive a new card or I should apply myself

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My RO was 9 months in the last 5 years, do you have an idea about PR card renewal after my return to Canada
Not with the PRTD you have now. It's R-1. You need to live in Canada for 2 years before you can renew.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
otherwise I will ask the immigration officer at the airport, if I will automatically receive a new card or I should apply myself
You need to apply yourself. The PR card will not be sent to you automatically. But as said above, if your PRTD reads R-1, then this is not under H&C which means you need to live in Canada for 2 years before you can apply for a new PR card.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello..
Thanx..
When were you last in Canada? Was it in the past year?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Strange. Clearly there were concerns that you weren't actually going to return to Canada permanently. As others have said your only option to 100% secure your PR status is to come to Canada in the next 3 weeks and remain until you meet the 730 days out of 5 years. You also xan't sponsor anyone until you are compliant with your RO. Not sure if you got married or had a child since landing

Hou28fou

Feb 10, 2022
You need to apply yourself. The PR card will not be sent to you automatically. But as said above, if your PRTD reads R-1, then this is not under H&C which means you need to live in Canada for 2 years before you can apply for a new PR card.
I don't know if I can request an extension of my PRTD

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't know if I can request an extension of my PRTD
You can't extend a PRTD. You would need to apply for a new PRTD and accept there may be risks in doing that.

Hou28fou

Feb 10, 2022
Strange. Clearly there were concerns that you weren't actually going to return to Canada permanently. As others have said your only option to 100% secure your PR status is to come to Canada in the next 3 weeks and remain until you meet the 730 days out of 5 years. You also xan't sponsor anyone until you are compliant with your RO. Not sure if you got married or had a child since landing
Yes I have two children that I sponsored, they got their immigrant visas, they will travel with me

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I have two children that I sponsored, they got their immigrant visas, they will travel with me
Do you mean you applied for permanent residency as a family? When did you land? How old are your children? It seems as though you may have gotten a prtd based on your children returning to Canada. What was the basis of your hnc application?

If you want to retain your permanent residency you should return within the three weeks. If you don't you must be prepared cannot be granted another prtd. If you don't plan on remaining in Canada to meet the seven thirty days out of 5 years when you return there is a good chance you will not be granted another PR TD to return a second time.

Reactions: Tubsmagee