+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD from India

Mta0014

Oct 2, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon
I am an inland applicant. I got my copr on Jan 5th, 2021. I came to India for urgent dental treatment on Jan 11th, 2021.
Applications for PRTD are not open yet here.
What options do you think I have if I want to come back? I sent my photos for the pr card on Jan 5th but no update yet. Can this be considered as essential travel if I have all the dental receipts?
Thanks for your help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
I am an inland applicant. I got my copr on Jan 5th, 2021. I came to India for urgent dental treatment on Jan 11th, 2021.
What options do you think I have if I want to come back? I sent my photos for the pr card on Jan 5th but no update yet. Can this be considered as essential travel if I have all the dental receipts?
Thanks for your help.
To travel back to Canada you either need a PR card or PTRD.

student777

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
If your VAC is closed
If your VAC is closed, submit your PRTD application by email.

To submit by email:

1. Download and follow the instruction guide to complete the application correctly.
  2. Make electronic copies (scans) of the required documents listed in the Document Checklist (PDF, 1.5 MB).
  3. Complete and scan the Application for a Permanent Resident Travel Document [IMM 5524] form.
  4. Pay your fees and get a copy of your receipt.
  5. If you have it, get a copy of your confirmed flight ticket, or the itinerary for your travel to Canada. Your copies should clearly show
    • your flight number
    • date of travel
    • arrival airport in Canada
  6. Send an email to IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.cathat includes
    • the subject line: “PRTD application: [put your name here]”
    • your scanned application
    • copies of your supporting documents (including travel information)
    • a copy of your receipt

sunny-sk7

Feb 16, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon
Thanks for your help.
Hi,
any update on your pr card application?
same thing happened to wife,we are inland applicant, she went to India may2020 and we got or in june2020, we applied for pr cards, only I received .
she applied for prtd on email they provided in july.still we ddnt get prtd for her.we submitted webform so many times and call cic but not get satisfactory answer.they only informed us file is located in delhi office. At this point we don't know what to do.
can anyone suggested us?
thanks

thukralc

Dec 23, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon
Thanks for your help.
Hi @Mta0014, did you apply for PRTD? If yes, how long did it take you to get it?

sunny-sk7

Feb 16, 2021
I applied for PRTD in July 2020 and still no answer. they ll not issue pr card if u applied from prtd and if u r outside Canada. the only option from outside Canada is prtd.

akhilpoothampara

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hi,
same thing happened to wife,we are inland applicant, she went to India may2020 and we got or in june2020, we applied for pr cards, only I received .
she applied for prtd on email they provided in july.still we ddnt get prtd for her.we submitted webform so many times and call cic but not get satisfactory answer.they only informed us file is located in delhi office. At this point we don't know what to do.
can anyone suggested us?
thanks
Same for me, how many days it took, please reply.

Reactions: niravrocky

akhilpoothampara

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon
Thanks for your help.
How long does it take to get prtd, help me, my file is at Delhi, my return flight is on April 24

akhilpoothampara

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
I applied for PRTD in July 2020 and still no answer. they ll not issue pr card if u applied from prtd and if u r outside Canada. the only option from outside Canada is prtd.
I applied for PR card on February 3, and applied for PRTD Last month. It is processing at New Delhi? What will happen to my pr card application???? Help me? I didn't get any reply for both and my return flight is on April 24

akhilpoothampara

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hi,
she applied for prtd on email they provided in july.still we didnt get prtd for her.we submitted webform so many times and call cic but not get satisfactory answer.they only informed us file is located in delhi office. At this point we don't know what to do.
can anyone suggested us?
thanks
Did she got her prtd? How long does it take???
My prtd processing at Delhi, I didn't get any reply

sunny-sk7

Feb 16, 2021
no she ddnt get her prtd yet.her prtd processing at delhi. applied webforms so many times but no answer.
dd you get any update?

akhilpoothampara

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
no she ddnt get her prtd yet.her prtd processing at delhi. applied webforms so many times but no answer.
dd you get any update?
Hi I applied for prtd , and my passport delivered at ircc delhi on April 19. After that I didn't get any update. What about your status and timeline.