+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD from Dubai

ash309

Jun 16, 2008
Etobicoke
My PR card is about to expire in November and I am out of the country right now with my Canadian husband who got a job in Dubai. I applied for my citizenship in March so hoping to get test date before my card expires.

I have a few questions:
- can I apply for a PRTD before my PR expires?
- how long does it take to process PRTD in Dubai?
- can I continue with citizenship process with expired pr card?

If my test date is before my card expires I will fly back and stay in Canada until oath taking ceremony - my real concern here is if my test date is after my PR card expires.

Hope someone can guide me.

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
- you cant apply for PRD unless you have an expired PR
- Time line varies. I applied twice for PRD from Dubai. first time it took 7 weeks , second time it took 4 months. Be prepared.
- Yes. you can continue with Citizenship application with expired PR

ash309

Jun 16, 2008
Etobicoke
Thank you for your response. I understand that I will have to apply for the PRTD. I am thinking to travel to another country where the PRTD is processed faster and applying form there. Any ideas on any other countries where PRTD is processed faster?

Hafsa_ahmed

Jan 3, 2018
Hi,
My husband made his first landing in Toronto on 23 dec 2018 and left for Dubai before he recieved his pr card , now he has an offer letter from a company in Toronto and wants to wind up in Dubai and move to canada, he has submitted his resignation letter in Dubai , wanted to know the average processing time of Abu Dhabi office for the PRTD with my present situation, is there a possibility for the process to complete in a months period.

Thank you for ur help

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
My husband made his first landing in Toronto on 23 dec 2018 and left for Dubai before he recieved his pr card , now he has an offer letter from a company in Toronto and wants to wind up in Dubai and move to canada, he has submitted his resignation letter in Dubai , wanted to know the average processing time of Abu Dhabi office for the PRTD with my present situation, is there a possibility for the process to complete in a months period.

Thank you for ur help
Should have process the PRTD before submit resignation letter. If he has US visa, he can enter Canada via land border.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The payment for PRTD , is it done on cic website or at the vfs office ?
That means he has not yet submitted his PRTD application? So without the job, he can stay in Dubai indefinitely while waiting for the PRTD processing? Otherwise, he should rethink which vfs office to apply his PRTD.