+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD for new PR

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
What are the photo specifications for a prtd?? Am confused as ive heard 2 different sizes. 50x70mm or 35x45mm?? Thank you

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

Rsca

Sep 5, 2018
Hello guys!

I would be applying for PRTD from India and I am a new PR and had to leave before PR card arrived.
I have two questions -
1. People say that it's good to show bank statement etc. as proof of residence in Canada, but I would be in Canads for just a week, I can open a bank account there in that period but for a bank statement, wouldn't I need at least a month?
As if not this, I would be getting my SIN. And that is the only proof of residence I would have to give. What to do?

2. In the PRTD form given on CIC website, it's written that if your stay in Canada is greater or equal to 730 days, you comply with the residency obligation and skip to Declaration and if you don't you might not get it?
How should I fill this section of the form considering I am a new PR and would have stayed in Canada for hardly a week!?

Please help!
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys!

I would be applying for PRTD from India and I am a new PR and had to leave before PR card arrived.
I have two questions -
1. People say that it's good to show bank statement etc. as proof of residence in Canada, but I would be in Canads for just a week, I can open a bank account there in that period but for a bank statement, wouldn't I need at least a month?
As if not this, I would be getting my SIN. And that is the only proof of residence I would have to give. What to do?

2. In the PRTD form given on CIC website, it's written that if your stay in Canada is greater or equal to 730 days, you comply with the residency obligation and skip to Declaration and if you don't you might not get it?
How should I fill this section of the form considering I am a new PR and would have stayed in Canada for hardly a week!?

Please help!
Thank you
Answered already.