+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD application while PRC renewal application is ongoing

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't believe that's correct. Oldest child got PR along with the parents. Other two children were born in Canada and are Canadian citizens.
You are right. Misred. The fact that the children have been in school for 5 years shows that they are well adjusted in the school system so that is another point against best interest of the child.

The biggest issues, as OP was warned, is that there was no work done in Canada before going abroad, this seems like a very small company, OP has a financial interest in the company, etc. This shouldn’t count as a temporary transfer abroad from a Canadian company.

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Thanks again for the input @scylla

From what you said there are ideas that are not ideal like income from Canadian sources.

I decided not to continue with the representative in January so now I'm trying to continue as best as I can.

Following up on the document package they requested and I sent in March (on which I focused on the employment, the reason why I worked abroad, the prospect of the company, etc), I sent a follow up letter a few weeks ago asking for hardships and best interest of our kids to be considered as well (violence and COVID-19), not sure if that will help or not.

On the PRTD application I was about to send today when I decided to post here, I mention both circumstances (employment outside Canada and hardships of losing the status).

Now I'm not sure if I should send the application. After 2 years of just waiting now I want to avoid staying still waiting again but still unsure what would increase the chances of re-entering Canada which is what I care about
You mentioned applying for PRTD by email, don't you still need to physically send your passport to have the document attached to it?

laratamamey

Dec 5, 2010
Yes, my oldest daughter is a PR like my wife and I.

After reading all your valuable input my question would be:
What has better chances of a favorable decision, The PR cards renewal application or a PRTD?
Or in other words, is it better to just wait until the PRC renewal application decision comes or is it worth applying for a PRTD? From what has been commented here both scenarios point towards a negative decision but which has a slightly better chance?

I requested GCMS notes yesterday, should take longer than a month to receive though due to COVID-19.

laratamamey

Dec 5, 2010

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, my oldest daughter is a PR like my wife and I.

After reading all your valuable input my question would be:
What has better chances of a favorable decision, The PR cards renewal application or a PRTD?
Or in other words, is it better to just wait until the PRC renewal application decision comes or is it worth applying for a PRTD? From what has been commented here both scenarios point towards a negative decision but which has a slightly better chance?

I requested GCMS notes yesterday, should take longer than a month to receive though due to COVID-19.
In my opinion they will either refuse the PRTD application since you don't meet the residency requirement or not process the PRTD application because your PR card renewal application is still in progress. I personally think your only hope is to wait for processing of the PR card renewal application to be completed.

Reactions: laratamamey