+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Application stuck at "Submitted" for almost three months

axolotl

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
My partner showed her passport and expired PR and told the border agent that we were in Europe for three months for a medical treatment. No further questions.

We were two adults and a small child. (Both the child and I have Canadian passports.) Not exactly the type that would raise suspicions.

Jun 20, 2023
Hey l received it eventually. Took me about 35 days in total (this was about 2 months ago). I heard the process is getting faster now and people receving it in under 20 days !

Hello everyone, about this PRTD subject, I just started my application online, directly on the PR platform (from France). It's still very fresh but based on some of your feedback, I'm already concerned and wondering about the current delays to go through a regular PRTD application ?
@Registereduser and @axolotl have you finally received your PRTD? How long did it take for you ?

My application is complete, and also displaying the "submitted" status (I didn't get any other information, email or whatever, just this status on the platform).
Thanks and have a great day !

Reactions: nancy10

ioreka

Aug 24, 2023
Hey l received it eventually. Took me about 35 days in total (this was about 2 months ago). I heard the process is getting faster now and people receving it in under 20 days !

Hey nice thanks a lot for the reply ! Okay that's more encouraging :D . Fingers crossed for me. And at one point @Registereduser did you get like an email informing you that your PTRD was granted, with some instructions to send your passport to some visa place ? Or it was only displayed on your profile on the PR platform ?
I'll update here the status of my PRTD application to give some feedback on the current delays.

Jun 20, 2023
Hey nice thanks a lot for the reply ! Okay that's more encouraging :D . Fingers crossed for me. And at one point @Registereduser did you get like an email informing you that your PTRD was granted, with some instructions to send your passport to some visa place ? Or it was only displayed on your profile on the PR platform ?
I'll update here the status of my PRTD application to give some feedback on the current delays.
Yeah l did on my email. They basically asked me to book a date at the visa office to send my passport for stamping. However nothing was updated on the PR portal. All communication was through email.

Reactions: nancy10

humerarehman

Jun 10, 2022
I applied for the PR travel document in Aug 2023, my application status still says "Submitted" and I haven't heard back from IRCC yet. Its been 4 months now. I am outside the country with expired PR card. Its way past processing time, who should I contact to find out whats going on? Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied for the PR travel document in Aug 2023, my application status still says "Submitted" and I haven't heard back from IRCC yet. Its been 4 months now. I am outside the country with expired PR card. Its way past processing time, who should I contact to find out whats going on? Thanks.
Do you meet the residency requirement?

humerarehman

Jun 10, 2022
Do you meet the residency requirement?
No I don't meet the residency requirement, I had submitted the PR card renewal when I was in Canada under humanitarian grounds in Oct 2022. And they sent me a in-person (in Etobicoke, ON) interview date for June 2023, but I had already left Canada by then. So I used that interview date letter in my PR Travel Document application under humanitarian grounds and said that I have an interview date to attend in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No I don't meet the residency requirement, I had submitted the PR card renewal when I was in Canada under humanitarian grounds in Oct 2022. And they sent me a interview date for June 2023, but I had already left Canada by then. So I used that interview date letter in my PR Travel Document application under humanitarian grounds and said that I have an interview date to attend in Canada.
This is why processing is taking longer. There's really nothing you can do but wait. You can certainly try sending a case specific inquiry however you probably won't get much of an answer back. Unfortunately it's hard to say how much longer you will be waiting. Generally speaking, it significantly weakens the H&C argument if you apply for the PR card and then leave Canada.

Reactions: humerarehman

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No I don't meet the residency requirement, I had submitted the PR card renewal when I was in Canada under humanitarian grounds in Oct 2022. And they sent me a in-person (in Etobicoke, ON) interview date for June 2023, but I had already left Canada by then. So I used that interview date letter in my PR Travel Document application under humanitarian grounds and said that I have an interview date to attend in Canada.
PRTD based on H&C reasons have no timeline and can take over a year at times. Do you have a US visa? Believe that IRCC only hold PR cards for pick-up for a certain period of time (6 months if I remember correctly). Being approved for a PR card renewal does not guarantee PRTD approval. Do you have H&C reason for not meeting ROand leaving Canada after applying for your PR card renewal? How much time have you spent in Canada since getting PR? was this your first PR. In the past 5 years? 10 years?