+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD application - returned - Primary identification is not provided

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ohh nice. Just curious. Will the whole procedure of processing of application and stamping take 2 weeks? or just the processing? SOrry, I've a return journey planned in 7 weeks and I'm shit scared if I'll be able to fly as per plan.
Backup plan:

If you can fly to the U.S., you can enter Canada at a land PoE either in a private vehicle, or on foot. A valid PR Card is not required, but is still advisable to have. You would need your original CoPR (or even an expired PR Card) to show the CBSA officer that you are still a PR.

SwaroopGS

Nov 10, 2017
Backup plan:

If you can fly to the U.S., you can enter Canada at a land PoE either in a private vehicle, or on foot. A valid PR Card is not required, but is still advisable to have. You would need your original CoPR (or even an expired PR Card) to show the CBSA officer that you are still a PR.
Nah I don't have US visa. Secondly, my PR card was stolen and I applied for a new one when I was in Canada. I haven't received it by the time I made this trip. Been a month since I applied.

law009

Jan 27, 2023
Ohh nice. Just curious. Will the whole procedure of processing of application and stamping take 2 weeks? or just the processing? SOrry, I've a return journey planned in 7 weeks and I'm shit scared if I'll be able to fly as per plan.
Yes the whole application, stamping and passport delivery took 2 weeks

CHECKSUM

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
@Catalin Tomoiaga have you gotten feedback from the IRCC after the return comment "Primary identification is not provided " because I saw the same on my portal today and I uploaded every document my COPR, SIN, old passport pages, new passport.
Did you submit the application again I am also in the same boat and don't know what to do next.

mbareng

Feb 23, 2023
I think the Primary Identification not provided is the digital signature on the consent and declaration portion. Having the same issue, with my application for a PRTD, I'm not sure how to insert a digital signature on the portal

mbareng

Feb 23, 2023
6 returns, last one is "Incomplete Application" and at Consent and declaration point, "incomplete" also.
Last time I applied I deleted and reuploaded all the documents and I did not had documents issues anymore (like passport copies incomplete) Does anywone had issues with Concent and declaration point?
Yes, it's always coming back with a comment as "Primary Identification not provided" under the consent and declaration

RP@2023

May 17, 2023
i have same problem, i submitted my application and week after check again and says ''primary identification not provided'' in to return reason column, but status still shows application submitted

matyeung

Jul 4, 2023
Hi guys, I encountered the same problem on my first submission. I guess I solved this problem as my second submission was successful. The only difference from my second to my first submission was NOT checking "If this form pertains to a child under the age of 14, I certify that I am the child’s parent or legal guardian." when i submitted my Consent and Declaration. I submitted an urgent request for a PRTD for my wife on July 3 noon, got the letter to submit her passport on July 4 evening, and the processed passport was just returned to us on July 8. Tho everything went well this time, the status shown in the PR Portal is "Returned" with the reason being "Wrong Application". I guess what matters most is that my wife can now travel back together with us and wont need to return thru the States. I hope this helps!

M&M23

Jun 12, 2023
Hi guys, I encountered the same problem on my first submission. I guess I solved this problem as my second submission was successful. The only difference from my second to my first submission was NOT checking "If this form pertains to a child under the age of 14, I certify that I am the child’s parent or legal guardian." when i submitted my Consent and Declaration. I submitted an urgent request for a PRTD for my wife on July 3 noon, got the letter to submit her passport on July 4 evening, and the processed passport was just returned to us on July 8. Tho everything went well this time, the status shown in the PR Portal is "Returned" with the reason being "Wrong Application". I guess what matters most is that my wife can now travel back together with us and wont need to return thru the States. I hope this helps!
Thanks. I personally did not check the Box " "If this form pertains to a child under the age of 14, I certify that I am the child’s parent or legal guardian." since I applied for myself. How about your wife's application ? I also have on my portal the status "returned" as Wrong application" (view not clickable and grey).

Which country processed your application? Did you wife spend more than 2 years in Canada in the last 5 years? I was mostly abroad accompanying my common-law Canadian partner (so I meet the dayss required this way but I wonder whether hey are taking more time to take a decision because of this reason, or rather because there is some technical issue with my application. My application was submitted as urgent as well. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: Smoochii

BobSusa

Jul 24, 2023
I believe I just got this return reason as I've been checking the status at least once per week. I notice more people got 'Wrong Application' which actually means their applications are at the last step. No idea what is missing as this reason code is too general. I also tried to link the application to https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/. That place, it shows me the application is being processed and no message is sent out yet... So, really confused.

Reactions: parth200292

pudsey-pr

Jul 27, 2023
i have same problem, i submitted my application and week after check again and says ''primary identification not provided'' in to return reason column, but status still shows application submitted
Did you ever get a resolution to this, or a communication re: this application?

I just received this same thing... no communication or update -- application status is still submitted, but return reason column says "primary identification not provided".