+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD application - returned - Primary identification is not provided

BobSusa

Jul 24, 2023
Hi all, may I ask how long you received the email from IRCC telling you what to do after you saw the return reason as primary identification is not provided?
This is the second week and I am still waiting.

Armstrong E

Aug 3, 2023
Hi everyone, I have been trying to complete my PRTD application for 2 weeks now on the portal. Frustratingly, it wouldn’t let me enter the period to be assessed right below that; it keeps having the exclamation in the triangle saying “Please review the date you entered in response to “1.4 Date you became a PR in Canada “ on page 1 of this form. This date must be accurate before proceeding with the rest of the form.” I have checked that it’s accurate umpteen times

Smoochii

Sep 1, 2023
It’s okay just continue as usual it is just telling you that as a precaution when I was doing my dads on i thought I was doing something wrong as well just proceed with the rest of the application

Smoochii

Sep 1, 2023
I too am in the same situation. I just filled out this form for my dad and got the primary identification error in the declaration section. I resent it. This is becoming quiet annoying. I did see it says the site would be down for Maintenace on September the 5 I hope this rectifies the issue. If any one has any solutions please share

smbg3020

Oct 13, 2023
I am facing the same problem. I applied for PRTD online on 1st February. Today when I opened the submitted applications page, it says "Primary identification is not provided" in the return reason while the status is under "submitted". I submitted my passport copy with all pages and my old PR card copy. I have submitted it under "urgent" processing as I have a return journey scheduled for the first of April. Just praying that I get it before March.
Hi, Did you get your PR card? I am in the same boat with the same return reason and have been waiting from 2 months. Please let me know what happened in your case. Did you applied again or just waited with the original application?

Smoochii

Sep 1, 2023
I did my dad’s form for him and I was getting that error as well. I can’t really remember what I did but I will let you guys know how I went about doing it. in the form section where it says if it’s urgent and you have to type the reason in the space provided what I did was I typed it in a word document and uploaded the file instead. For the other documents I tried to put as much supporting documents as I could have I put in his Canadian drivers license, his expired PR card, his passport And also use the stamped passport pages. (Because I think they ask you for it) ( you can’t click on the passport option 2x so look for an option that makes sense) and his lease for his apt. And ofcourse the payment receipt. I think that’s it. When signing the form click all the options. I was surprised when it says it was submitted. Went through this a couple times that I was becoming frustrated but was happy when it went through. I don’t know if that’s gonna help you guys. But my dad did get the PTRD and is back in Canada. We started the process probably mid august and he got to go home about end of September. Hope this helps

Reactions: smbg3020

smbg3020

Oct 13, 2023
I did my dad’s form for him and I was getting that error as well. I can’t really remember what I did but I will let you guys know how I went about doing it. in the form section where it says if it’s urgent and you have to type the reason in the space provided what I did was I typed it in a word document and uploaded the file instead. For the other documents I tried to put as much supporting documents as I could have I put in his Canadian drivers license, his expired PR card, his passport And also use the stamped passport pages. (Because I think they ask you for it) ( you can’t click on the passport option 2x so look for an option that makes sense) and his lease for his apt. And ofcourse the payment receipt. I think that’s it. When signing the form click all the options. I was surprised when it says it was submitted. Went through this a couple times that I was becoming frustrated but was happy when it went through. I don’t know if that’s gonna help you guys. But my dad did get the PTRD and is back in Canada. We started the process probably mid august and he got to go home about end of September. Hope this helps
Hey, thanks for your quick response. I am applying for PR renewal under normal category. In your case, did you start a new application for your dad once it’s returned? I didn’t get any email from IRCC stating what docs are missed or what i should do…so wondering if I should submit a new application or will Ircc send me an action email?

Rhylldet

Oct 15, 2023
Hey all

I’m having this awful issue myself. I applied for a PRTD and have logged into the portal today to see that under return reason Primary identification is not provided, is listed. But it still says submitted and the View button is greyed out. The option to apply for another PRTD is greyed out also. So I’m really not sure what to do in this situation, how do I rectify this issue when I can’t select anything, or change anything or upload anything. Grrr any help would be appreciated

smbg3020

Oct 13, 2023
Hey all

I’m having this awful issue myself. I applied for a PRTD and have logged into the portal today to see that under return reason Primary identification is not provided, is listed. But it still says submitted and the View button is greyed out. The option to apply for another PRTD is greyed out also. So I’m really not sure what to do in this situation, how do I rectify this issue when I can’t select anything, or change anything or upload anything. Grrr any help would be appreciated
I’m on the same boat…I’m trying to call IRCC but couldn’t able to connect to them.

Oct 26, 2020
Hey guys so what is the ultimate Conclusion of this issue. Is it a bug/glitch on "PR Portal" or do we need to re create/submit a new application.
Yesterday I got the same issue Return Reason: "Primary identification is not provided" Status is Submitted and can't view the application no emails yet.

What you guys did in order get the PRTD after this Glitch ? Thanks

Rhylldet

Oct 15, 2023
Hey guys so what is the ultimate Conclusion of this issue. Is it a bug/glitch on "PR Portal" or do we need to re create/submit a new application.
Yesterday I got the same issue Return Reason: "Primary identification is not provided" Status is Submitted and can't view the application no emails yet.

Hey

Hey, so a few days after i got an email requesting my passport for the next stage. So if I were you I’d give it a few days as it seems to be some sort of glitch. Maybe even try a week or so. Good luck!

Oct 26, 2020
Hey

Hey, so a few days after i got an email requesting my passport for the next stage. So if I were you I’d give it a few days as it seems to be some sort of glitch. Maybe even try a week or so. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. I will wait to see if we get any emails from them. Thanks again.

smbg3020

Oct 13, 2023

I didn’t resubmit any application. Received my pr card in mail in couple weeks. If you didn’t receive even then, try contacting Ircc and Your local MP office.

Oct 26, 2020
Thanks for the inputs. Ultimate conclusion is that it’s a Bug/Glitch which hasn’t been fixed. Just got Passport Request for final Decision email.