+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD application payment is missing - PR Portal May 2023

Dasari Ram

Aug 4, 2023
Just patiently wait for your PRTD outside of Canada. Your application has most likely already been approved, but it just takes time for IRCC to finalize your application. It might take a few days, or a few weeks as in my case. It seems to me that you can do nothing to expedite the finalization.

If you must travel back to Canada immediately and you have ESTA or a US visa, you can also travel back to Canada via land border in a private car. Then you can just reapply for your PR card once you come back to Canada.

Dasari Ram

Aug 4, 2023
Just patiently wait for your PRTD outside of Canada. Your application has most likely already been approved, but it just takes time for IRCC to finalize your application. It might take a few days, or a few weeks as in my case. It seems to me that you can do nothing to expedite the finalization.

If you must travel back to Canada immediately and you have ESTA or a US visa, you can also travel back to Canada via land border in a private car. Then you can just reapply for your PR card once you come back to Canada.

PointersCA

Aug 10, 2023
I applied for non-urgent PRTD on PR Portal on May 23. As a new immigrant I knew I could submit a minimum number of documents and my PRTD would still be approved. Since May 25, "Return reason" has said "Payment is missing" but I did submit proof of payment, and the View button is greyed out and unclickable.

Found out that this is a system glitch and that such applicants will generally receive a Ready for Visa email within a month or two after application, whatever message on the Portal. If the application was truly returned (denied), the View button would be clickable.

Today (June 30) I decided to harass IRCC by giving them a call since I needed to confirm if I could book my flight right away.

The agent told me that my application had been approved, on May 25.

Surprised, I said that I did not receive a Ready for Visa email yet and that May 25 was exactly when "Return reason" was changed to "Payment is missing". "Final Decision" on GCKey also showed "Final decision - May 25, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.", instead of "Your application was approved."

He reassured me he saw that the application had indeed been approved, maybe it just needed to be "finalized".

I did not give up and politely asked if there existed any way to expedite the finalization, which had taken more than one month's time.

He said no and I could but wait.

Will update the thread if they finally decide to send me the email :)
I also applied for a non-urgent PRTD and got a response stating payment is missing. The payment was already completed and I had uploaded the receipt as well. The status of the application shows as "Returned" - with payment is missing. But, I am able to see the view button is enabled. What should be the next step? Any idea?

VRock

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Applied PRTD Aug 9, application got returned today (10 aug) due to "payment is missing" and I just uploaded the proof of payment again and re-submitted application. Can anyone tell me how to link my application to gc key which option to choose ? I couldn't find any option for PRTD https://prnt.sc/0qOdRFW-4XGg

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
you can choose PR card renew when you try to link your PRTD case to GCKEY. There is no PRTD you can choose

ZekeCA

Nov 18, 2021
I also applied for a non-urgent PRTD and got a response stating payment is missing. The payment was already completed and I had uploaded the receipt as well. The status of the application shows as "Returned" - with payment is missing. But, I am able to see the view button is enabled. What should be the next step? Any idea?
Did you click the view button, since it is enabled? And see what you can do?

HINGH514

Sep 5, 2023
Hi Sir
I am in the same situation, Applied for PRTD on Aug 3rd and today when I checked the portal it’s says payment is missing, and the view button is grayed out.. I applied for urgent PRTD as I have lost my PR card while travelling, and I am not finding the option to link the application to GC key as well..
I am not sure what to do now
Hi dasari
Did you received any response yet?

HINGH514

Sep 5, 2023
Hi Sir
I am in the same situation, Applied for PRTD on Aug 3rd and today when I checked the portal it’s says payment is missing, and the view button is grayed out.. I applied for urgent PRTD as I have lost my PR card while travelling, and I am not finding the option to link the application to GC key as well..
I am not sure what to do now
Hi
Please could you tell me if you received any response
I am also waiting in same scenario

sanjayb

Oct 27, 2023
Hi, am renewing my PR and seeing the same status of "payment is missing".
Also, I am trying to get in touch with an agent and I am asked for an application number.

Could someone share how to find the application number ? and if "payment is missing" needs any action from my side ?

Dec 14, 2023
Hi , I filed my application on 7th Dec 2023 and today received the return status as 'Payment is missing' . I did upload the payment receipt. Can somebody please guide with the next steps? I cant see my application since 'View' button is greyed out. Also I don't know my application number to contact IRCC.

Dec 14, 2023
Hi, am renewing my PR and seeing the same status of "payment is missing".
Also, I am trying to get in touch with an agent and I am asked for an application number.

Could someone share how to find the application number ? and if "payment is missing" needs any action from my side ?
Hi Any update on your application now. What did you do?

Mazy

Dec 15, 2023
Exact same situation here: Payment is missing - View button greyed out - no application number to call with. I submitted my application November 16th.
Has anyone had any resolution to this problem recently?